Lori Chase

Guest dog14787

Joking or not this is the crap that this thread is about. Why some people on this board have to go above and beyond to belittle and contest others points of view is beyond me. I have been here for a long time and I notice the change as well. I don't post a ton but I read alot and the negative tone of posts has definitely escalated in the last two years. Its unfortunate and I think some of the agressive posts are non-bills fans the come on here and attack us to say "you suck". However, it seems the nastiness of some post has drivin away people of value to this board. In the name of civility people should really chill out.

:ph34r:

relax Bub...it was an inside joke...but I guess it also serves as a reminder that perception is not necessarily reality. :devil:

now...I deserve an immediate apology.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even close to the inner circle (though Mead has been kind to me), but I'm going to post anyways.

As someone who has read/followed/occasionally posted on this forum for the last 6 or so years, I have always enjoyed reading what Lori (you, if you're reading this) have posted. You consistently avoid the potential negative aspect (putting each other down, focusing on the small details instead of remembering we're all here because of our love for this football team) of this forum. Your posts are thoughtful and professional. They are always worth reading, and the pregame information is fantastic.

For the analogy of the nice neighborhood that is in decline I would say that it is easier for the nicest folks to move away when they realize that the weather is taking a turn for the worse. However, I would say that as the quality of some of the more thoughtful posters leave it in turn makes the forum (neighborhood worse). It would be harder to have to deal with the negative opinions to see on this board, but in order to make a neighborhood a nicer place the solution is not leaving. I see this in many aspects of life where cutting bait seems like the best solution, but if you want to help the collective group please don't deprive us of one of our flashlights in the dark forum of trolling and putting each other down. Most of us want you and your posts here because it is one of the things that made this forum worthwhile to come to.

Posts like that are exactly why Lori left to begin with so if it starts a friggin war then so be it.

Just because we are posting on the internet it doesn't mean all civility and decency should be tossed out the door.

That's not a very nice way to talk to a board moderator. Shouldn't you grant him more respect?

Let's all have a glass of wine tonight and toast Lori for all her hard work that she has put into this wonderful place.

Now lets do a glass for Scott for all he has done.

Now let's do one for Beeball for president.

now lets doo oone for Aussie

Now lllets do one for RRrich

noow lets do oonnee foor the heck of iitt.

Guest dog14787
That's not a very nice way to talk to a board moderator. Shouldn't you grant him more respect?

Yes I should, I meant nervous Guy no disrespect,(sorry nervous guy) but it doesn't change the fact that the post I was referring to was rather inappropriate on this thread and it was that type response/attitude that was getting to Lori,

Myself personally, I try to treat people the same way and with the same respect on computer ( or any form of communication) as I would in person so I disagreed with what the poster was trying to convey. You can still make friends, hurt someones feeling, slander someones name, make them mad or sad, do anything you want to do, so why is it any different.

Wearing an Alias isn't a badge to go ballistic on people and folks like Tim Graham and Lori Chase don't have the luxury to hide behind a mask.

I'm not one of the old guard, nor the new guard. I'm just a guy that visits this site daily because I have no life and have for longer than I shall admit. I come here for the best Bills information and the comedy. Posters, suach as Lori and Tim and dozens others, provide the information and make this place better than any other. Posters, such as.. well the numbnuts know who they are, provide the comedy with their completely asinine posts. Granted, I have a twisted sense of humor.

This place would be dry without the numbnuts; but would be pointless without the Lori's. With that said, I'd prefer the moderators ban more numbnuts if it helped retain more Lori's. If any of that made sense.

Now, back yo your fun, old people. Thanks for allowing me to interrupt without your permission or consent.

Too bad. Lori's one of the few posters here who's posts were actually worth a damn. (Worth a damn sight more than "a damn", actually...but those who matter know what I mean.)

Glad you feel that way...

Could be me. Let's face it, I'm a piece of ****.

Hey look everyone, it is Tom's fault.

/passes out torches and pitchforks

Hope you come back Lori.

I've only read the first post and a handful of replies, so I am probably repeating what many have said. Sorry.

Hopefully Lori is on a break. I can understand that. The old timers here know I've taken my share of sabbaticals (unannounced and I'm certain mostly unnoticed). She just may need a break from things. Sometimes the mind-numbing stupidity that goes down here can get to you. I try to ignore it for the most part, but then I notice I start getting a little bit crankier and make attempts to protect what I see as a very special community. I know some of you don't understand that, but to many here this is more than just a Bills forum. It's that for sure. But many of us have come to know each other, in real life and online. For many of us this is a special place and we try to protect that.

Lori is one of the, if not THE, premier contributor to this forum. It's Fearless Leader's board and we owe it to him that it exists and has been as successful as it has over the years. But Lori is one of the major reasons it has been that successful. She does an enormous amount of work as a writer of articles (including the pregame reviews), as a moderator and as one of the few people here with a deep knowledge of Bills history.

So, for those of you who haven't been around enough to read many of Lori's pieces and/or posts, trust the old-timers when we assure you her absence means more than yours, or mine quite frankly.

I just peeked at the last post before I started writing this and have to agree with Dan's statements:

This place would be dry without the numbnuts; but would be pointless without the Lori's. With that said, I'd prefer the moderators ban more numbnuts if it helped retain more Lori's. If any of that made sense.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Lori, if you are reading, I hope to have you back here during the season.

This site would be insanely boring if we all agreed. In some way, I like the "fringe" posts. It makes it interesting.

That being said, I just stopped responding to posts that said TE sucks because he just sucks. I do expect some intelligent thought, succinctly put.

I've only read the first post and a handful of replies, so I am probably repeating what many have said. Sorry.

Hopefully Lori is on a break. I can understand that. The old timers here know I've taken my share of sabbaticals (unannounced and I'm certain mostly unnoticed). She just may need a break from things. Sometimes the mind-numbing stupidity that goes down here can get to you. I try to ignore it for the most part, but then I notice I start getting a little bit crankier and make attempts to protect what I see as a very special community. I know some of you don't understand that, but to many here this is more than just a Bills forum. It's that for sure. But many of us have come to know each other, in real life and online. For many of us this is a special place and we try to protect that.

Lori is one of the, if not THE, premier contributor to this forum. It's Fearless Leader's board and we owe it to him that it exists and has been as successful as it has over the years. But Lori is one of the major reasons it has been that successful. She does an enormous amount of work as a writer of articles (including the pregame reviews), as a moderator and as one of the few people here with a deep knowledge of Bills history.

So, for those of you who haven't been around enough to read many of Lori's pieces and/or posts, trust the old-timers when we assure you her absence means more than yours, or mine quite frankly.

I just peeked at the last post before I started writing this and have to agree with Dan's statements:

I agree wholeheartedly.

Funny... I read your post and thought... man that's what I should said. That pretty much says it all.

The world is not a fair and equal place. It's just not. Some people are just more important than others. And you've stated quite nicely, who leads this world.

Inside humor directed at me. I take no offense, and he knows it. A good number of us who've been here for nigh on forever have met each other, and socialized on many occasions. For instance, I consider Rosen, NG, AiO, Gavin and yes, even Tom (among others) to be friends. (Whether or not it's mutual is debatable :devil: ) And this cameraderie is what's been steamrolled by a tide of inbred, classless mullets.

You're an idiot. :ph34r:

This board is not as good without Lori.

I agree with you there. She has been a solid rock and a great reporter on the status of the team. I always looked forward to reading her briefs, as I live out of state and don't get the regular updates.

I hope and pray she returns. Really nice lady.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Oh look, it's Love Corn...

:devil:

Inside humor directed at me. I take no offense, and he knows it. A good number of us who've been here for nigh on forever have met each other, and socialized on many occasions. For instance, I consider Rosen, NG, AiO, Gavin and yes, even Tom (among others) to be friends. (Whether or not it's mutual is debatable :devil: ) And this cameraderie is what's been steamrolled by a tide of inbred, classless mullets.

Thats cool. Most of the regulars on here are great but you know what I am talking about with the malicious stuff correct? I have been hammered by people who converse in a non-socialized vindictive manor. I would assume this type of attack is what drove TG and Lori away. Sorry I didn't get the joke I pick up on alot of them but I don't know you guys. I wish I could get out there to tailgate with the TBD crowd it would be a blast. I used to go to alot of games when I was in college at Fredonia but alas that was over a decade ago now. I live in Albany and life gets in the way of the trip more often than not. I enjoy supporting the Bills no matter what and hope that they stay in Buffalo forever. I also really like the great info both Lori and TG would post and miss that big time. Sorry again and even though I don't post that often I get the problem and hope it can be fixed.

I'd like to step up and volunteer to write the bills pregame rundowns in Lori's place. Mods, Please copy and paste this line on the front page for weeks 1-5, 7-9, and 11-17: "We're going to lose today". On week 7, "It's a BYE week, Spiller will likely blow out an ACL at a pick up basketball game". On Week 10 "It's the Lions. We have a chance. Oh wait, the Lions don't suck AS much any more. We lose to a last second field goal".

I never liked how Tim Graham parted his hair. No big loss there.

What stinks about losing Lori and Tim is that us Bills fans lose some terrific insight into the goings on of the team as both have access to people in the know in and around OBD and would fill us in from time to time.

If I could tell them one thing to think about is ...the fact that not just Bills fans visit this forum.

In the time I've been posting here I've come across very distinct non Bills fans and even some so bold that they make fun of the team, fans and posters here in outrageous fashion. Others on the other hand are subversive about it and just like to stir things up again and again.

So take what you read here with a grain of salt, these are very frustrating times for us fans with no playoffs for a decade and the bottom of the division year after year.

I miss Lori already, who is going to correct me when I make mistakes about Bills time lines, stats and stuff. :devil:

I agree wholeheartedly.

Don't think anyone has said it better than Deano. Lori has been a very significant factor in making TSW the experience it is...or at least used to be. Hopefully she just needs a break. We all need breaks from this place once in a while. I've taken a few myself when the retard rodeo gets going a bit too rowdy. Hoping everything calms down as the season gets in swing, maybe I'll start posting again. Right now this place isn't worth the effort.

I'd like to step up and volunteer to write the bills pregame rundowns in Lori's place. Mods, Please copy and paste this line on the front page for weeks 1-5, 7-9, and 11-17: "We're going to lose today". On week 7, "It's a BYE week, Spiller will likely blow out an ACL at a pick up basketball game". On Week 10 "It's the Lions. We have a chance. Oh wait, the Lions don't suck AS much any more. We lose to a last second field goal".

I never liked how Tim Graham parted his hair. No big loss there.

steve! long time no see...you making any money off that smartyjones website?