Favre not returning

It saddens me. Favre is the last of the old time gunslingers. I know a bunch of morons whine and B word about the coverage he gets, not sure if he wants to play or not, but this league is going to be much worse off with out a guy like Favre in it.

Same here, man. Favre has been my favorite non-Bill player (in any sport) since he took over for the Magic Man back in the day and started playing catch with Mr. Sharpe every Sunday afternoon. The guy is a winner and as you said, he's a throwback to a time when a different breed of QB played the game. If this really is it for him, I'm still going to hold out hope that his ankle continues to improve and maybe he gets called in later in the season to help a team during the stretch run when their QB goes down. Could you imagine Aaron Rodgers popping an achilles in week 12....Mike McCarthy makes a call to #4....and the Favre comes back to football mecca to lead his once beloved Packers to another Superbowl? Yeah, I know....won't happen....but then again, in the words of Randy Moss, "hey, this is Brett FAVRE out here! I got to see this!"

Long Live Favre!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports indicate that Brett Favre will NOT return to the Minnesota Vikings this year. Per Judd Zulgad and Jay Glazer.

I think I heard this somewhere before.....

News at the end of training camp- Favre set to return to Vikes

What a joke.

I love Farve and wish he comes back. It is just fun to watch him play the game. Anyone who questions how hard this must be for Farve has never played football. If he truly is done, I wish him the best. One of my favorite non-Bills ever.

And Taravis Jackson is a lot better than people are giving him credit for. I think the Vikes are going to the playoffs regardless.

he had some phenominal games last year, very exciting...but I think he blew it in the nfc title game (aside from peterson's fumbles) ...vikes were the better team IMHO....

PLAYOFFS....probably....SB? ......Who knows?

GO BILLS!

Ryan Longwell who has been a teammate and friend of Favres for more than a decade told the media that he spoke to Brett today and there was no indication he was retiring. Seems to me that if Brett was set to retire and texting teammates that he would have said something to his long time friend and current teammate on their call today. Not to mention he hasnt even informed his coach or team of his intention to retire, so I find it hard to believe he informed a few random players but not his long time friend Longwell, the coaching staff, or the front office.

I have serious doubts that he truly is retiring and wouldnt be surprised if a lot of this is to justify missing more of camp which we all know he hates.

Even if his ankle is not responding the way he wants, as soon as it feels better he is going to want and expect to play again.

Anyone who watched Favre last year knows he was still having the time of his life and enjoying the game. And he knows his team is excellent. For those reasons, I'm almost certain this is either (a) a ploy to avoid camp, or (b) truly injury related. Favre took a massive beating in the Saints game -- it's possible the body has finally said "enough."

Anyone who watched Favre last year knows he was still having the time of his life and enjoying the game. And he knows his team is excellent. For those reasons, I'm almost certain this is either (a) a ploy to avoid camp, or (b) truly injury related. Favre took a massive beating in the Saints game -- it's possible the body has finally said "enough."

Yep, anyone who doubted how much of a pounded he took needs to do a google search for that pic of his ankle. That thing was messed UP

Ryan Longwell who has been a teammate and friend of Favres for more than a decade told the media that he spoke to Brett today and there was no indication he was retiring. Seems to me that if Brett was set to retire and texting teammates that he would have said something to his long time friend and current teammate on their call today. Not to mention he hasnt even informed his coach or team of his intention to retire, so I find it hard to believe he informed a few random players but not his long time friend Longwell, the coaching staff, or the front office.

I have serious doubts that he truly is retiring and wouldnt be surprised if a lot of this is to justify missing more of camp which we all know he hates.

Even if his ankle is not responding the way he wants, as soon as it feels better he is going to want and expect to play again.

And he hasn't informed players like Jared Allen (who he apparently got along extremely well with), Percy Harvin or Sinorice Rice. Guys you'd think he'd let know....

What an insufferable douche Favre has become. It is a shame really.

Used to be my favorite QB, Now i wouldn't care if he fell off of the face of the earth. . . Thats mostly due to the 24 hour coverage of Brett Favre by ESPN. AND my fault for watching it.

What an insufferable douche Favre has become. It is a shame really.

I can understand this sentiment in past years, but seeing as how he's dealing with a recent surgery on his ankle and wants to see how it heals before committing to a season, I'm not sure what is so insufferable about his uncertainty this time around.