Favre not returning

I can understand this sentiment in past years, but seeing as how he's dealing with a recent surgery on his ankle and wants to see how it heals before committing to a season, I'm not sure what is so insufferable about his uncertainty this time around.

What's insufferable is how the media is handling it. Wall-to-wall Favre coverage just because someone who seemed to be some authority on the subject texted someone else that Favre was going to retire. I said yesterday that I wouldn't be surprised if Brett really hasn't made up his mind and someone leaked the retirement thing to get the story (and coverage) going.

Favre's waffling hasn't helped, either.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand this sentiment in past years, but seeing as how he's dealing with a recent surgery on his ankle and wants to see how it heals before committing to a season, I'm not sure what is so insufferable about his uncertainty this time around.

Completely agree.

It's interesting that we batter a guy who plays by the rules but manipulates them to his advantage, yet the teams do this kind of thing to players all the time.

The Vikes just upped the ante by about 4 mil. Seems like, Favre-ing them is a good technique!