Where do you live now and time spent in Buffalo area?

David D

Born in Buffalo in '74

Grew up in East Aurora

Graduated from Canisius HS and U. of Buffalo

Spent four years in the DC-area

Have lived in Maine ever since, but have always commuted out of state for work - three years to Boston, and now going on seven years to New Hampshire

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never lived in Buffalo or even been there. I live in Cali. My brother who is a Pats fan keeps asking me to go to a Bills-Pats game at Ralph Wilson stadium. One day we will make that trip and it will be glorious. Ever since becoming a Bills fan around 87, I had not met one other Bills fan for about 18 years. I was the only one in HS wearing my Bills hat proudly. In college i found no other fans either.

I'm really thankful to have found his board. I finally met a Bills fan, a friend of a friend, about 4 or 5 years ago around the same time I found all of you on here. The nearest Bills backers bar/club is about 4 hours drive from me. So this is what i have. I wish i had known about this board a decade before! :)

I know we all come form different backgrounds, but it's the Bills that keeps most of us together as a group. I think for the most part, you are a swell group.

Go Bills!!

I was born in Orchard Park in 48 and moved when I was 2 to Town of Tonawanda.

Graduated from Kenmore West in 65. Went to UB and Army. Graduated in 72. Moved to NJ in 74 for a job at the Veterans Administration in Newark. Retired from the NJ National Guard in 92 and the VA in 2006.

Born in Jamestown

Grew up in Jamestown

Graduated from Southwestern ( 2008 & 2009 State Champions in Football Thank You)

Graduated JCC

Graduated Mercyhurt College (Erie PA)

Lived in NYC, Dallas, Naples, Orlando, Jamestown, Orlando

Live in Orlando now.

I am 1 of 3 Bills fans here in Orlando. Thank God for for the Dish - All they show down here are Florida Teams.

I love going to watch the game in a room full of Dolphins fans and being the only Bills fan ( when we win - anyways )

Born in Lockport in 1956.

Raised in Clarence and graduated in 1974.

Went away to college and left Buffalo area after graduation (due to employment).

I have never been able to move back to Buffalo but my heart will always remain there.

I have never (lived in Bradford, PA. Cleveland, Detroit and Toledo, OH) been able to find subs, pizza or wings that compare to Buffalo.

Will go to my grave as a proud Buffalonian that supports the city and its sports teams.

Nice to meet you.

My wife and I were both born and raised in Buffalo area and now live in Northern VA!

We like going to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, VA for fish fry's. I still buy my Molson Canadian's at Wegmans here in Ashburn, VA, and DirecTV has me locked down for the Bills and Sabres.

But you are so right....pizza is not the same.

I haven't been to Jimmy's in years -- ever since I sold my soul to DirecTV. Even though Jimmy's is only a few miles from my house.

I do recall going there one Saturday night about 10 years ago -- during that sweet spot when the Sabres and Bills are playing. I went there to watch the Sabres. There was a group of people sitting at a table near the front door and they were all totally s**t-faced. I showed up the next day about 12:45 p.m. to watch the Bills. What do you know, there's that same group of people sitting at the same table -- and they were well on their way to getting totally s**t-faced. And then there was the guy sitting next to me at the bar telling me how he couldn't get to work in downtown DC anymore because of his multiple DWIs. I guess that's when I decided that Jimmy's wasn't the place for me.

wow very many of you guys still live in WNY, but anyways I grew up in springville NY, and now reside in Boston, NY. still get sh#t from my friends for living in boston, even though its not boston, mass. been a bills fan ever since I got into football 5 or 6 years ago.

Born in Buffalo in 1977. Mercy hospital

Grew up in South Buffalo. The best part of town ever.

Graduated from Bishop Timon.

Moved to Northeast Florida in 2001

Still go home for at least one game a year and definately get the ticket. Go Bills

Born in Herkimer in 1962

Lived in Kenmore for a couple of years, moved to Port Allegheny, PA and then to North Tonawanda until 1969

Moved to KY, then TN and MO, but now living in South Florida taunting Fish fans

Born in good 'ol Deaconess Hospital in Buffalo '75

Left in '93 for 4 years to go to college in Saint Louis(the place that never cools down in the summer-Go Billikens!)

Came back from school in '97 for a few months

was tricked into "training" employees in Cincinnati with my job and ended up staying there for a year

moved to Middletown,OH for 2 years(between Cincinnati and Dayton)

moved to Columbus for 5 years

moved to Marion for 1.5 years

moved back with wife to the B-Lo in late 2005(well Depew anyways) and still am here.

Ma, I'm home!

Born in Buffalo 1952

Lived on the West Side, P.S. 45

Graduated from Lafayette H.S. 1970

Enlisted in the U.S. Army Jan 1971, served over 2o years

Retired from active duty in May 1991, retired from the Central America Joint Intelligence Team (CAJIT), Counter-Drug Joint Intelligence Center (CD-JIC), D.I.A. in the Pentagon. Been to over 35 countries.

Returned to Buffalo in May 1994 to complete my eduation, B.A. 1998 and M.S. in 1999 from Buffalo State College.

Moved to Mulberry, Florida (between Orlando and Tampa) in 2002 where I watch my Bills play every game on DTV.

born 59 grew up in Bflo moved NYC in 94 lived there til 2006 went to Seoul for a year and a half. moved to Bangkok 3 years ago, watching the Bills is a B word these days but hasn't been much to watch last few years anyway. Hoping that changes, don't mind working w/o sleep if they win.

born 59 grew up in Bflo moved NYC in 94 lived there til 2006 went to Seoul for a year and a half. moved to Bangkok 3 years ago, watching the Bills is a B word these days but hasn't been much to watch last few years anyway. Hoping that changes, don't mind working w/o sleep if they win.

One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster...

In fact, I've probably become even more of a Bills fan after leaving WNY.

Same here for sure!

Born 1986 and grew up in Greece, NY (Rochester)...... Greece Olympia '04.

Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh) '08

Worked a year for a CMU startup company in Pittsburgh

Back in school until.....? down here at Virginia Tech. Go Hokies!

Born in Buffalo in 68 (Children's Hospital)

Graduated from Hamburg in 87

Moved to Northern VA in 92 with 6 other Hamburgians

Moved to Wimington, NC in 98

Work for Wells Fargo

Love the Bills and Sabres despite the results. Directv is the lifeline.

My wife loves our once a year trip to Buff as long as it is before Nov 1st.

• Born in Lewiston, NY

• Been a Bills fan since I was old enough to know what football was

• Grew up in Newfane, NY (just outside of Lockport)

• Left WNY in '96 for college in the state of GA

• Graduated with a Bachelor's, then Master's

• Moved to Oregon for work in 2002, been here ever since

• Win or lose, I am a Bills fan for life!

• My career centers around football... which makes me look forward to all of my work trips :)

Also current address, Drivers License number, Social, mothers maiden name.....

It would be much easier if they simply provide:

Username

Password

And so much less intrusive also! :)

I've never lived in Buffalo or even been there. I live in Cali. My brother who is a Pats fan keeps asking me to go to a Bills-Pats game at Ralph Wilson stadium. One day we will make that trip and it will be glorious. Ever since becoming a Bills fan around 87, I had not met one other Bills fan for about 18 years. I was the only one in HS wearing my Bills hat proudly. In college i found no other fans either.

I'm really thankful to have found his board. I finally met a Bills fan, a friend of a friend, about 4 or 5 years ago around the same time I found all of you on here. The nearest Bills backers bar/club is about 4 hours drive from me. So this is what i have. I wish i had known about this board a decade before! :)

I know we all come form different backgrounds, but it's the Bills that keeps most of us together as a group. I think for the most part, you are a swell group.

Go Bills!!

Your post is inspiring!

As such I am willing to sell you and your brother my tickets (club level awesome seats) for $100 more than my cost!!

Your post is inspiring!

As such I am willing to sell you and your brother my tickets (club level awesome seats) for $100 more than my cost!!

beerme1 that is too generous an offer. I honestly can't say when my brother and I will make the trip. But i hope it will be soon. thanks for the great reply :)

Born and raised in Canada. Never lived in the Buffalo area. When I was a young kid (mid 80's), the only team they showed on TV was the Bills, so I became a fan. My father was a big CFL fan, but I showed him the way to real football (well at least for the 90's).

Buffalo is now one of my favorite places to visit, just because of the Bills. I think this is my 8th year as a season ticket holder.

GO BILLS!

In Canada we have social insurance numbers. Mine is 492 645 991.

Born in Lockport in '74. Graduated Barker High School in '92. Joined the Air Force and have moved around. Presently in Korea for a year and then back to my house in S. Carolina. Trying to catch as much of the bills as possible.

GO BILLS!

Born 1947. Moved to S Buffalo in 1950. Fr Baker HS 65, Niagara U 69, left in 1970 for USAF. and never got back!

I've lived in N Virginia, Chicago, Houston, and Seattle. Retired to Virginia to get out of the R-A-I-N in Seattle. Now in 2nd career in Virginia-Richmond area.

Don't get back to BUF much. Always a BILLS fan from day 1.

Cool. I lived in Bangkok from 1999-2004. You're right about it being a B word to catch a Bills game. Whoever picked which games to show on UBC back in those days definitely must have been a 49ers fan. Stayed up until 4 am to watch the Home Run Throwback in my living room. Man was I pissed. PM me if you get a chance I'd like to swap Thailand stories.

Born Buffalo 72

Lived in Springville until 80

Moved to Virginia Beach

Bangkok 99-04

Back to Virginia Beach

Now Chesapeake

1957 Born Sisters Hospital

1957-60 Hazelwood Ave in Buffalo

1960-75: Cheektowaga '75 from Maryvale HS

1975-2006: US Navy. Resided in RI (Newport), VA (Norfolk), Fl (Jacksonville), Italy (Rome)

2006-Present: MOVED BACK to Buffalo. Reside in Williamsville. Will never leave. My final "deployments" at "sea" will be out of Sturgeon Point on Lake Erie.

Bills fan since dad took me to see them in '63. God Bless 'em (and the Sabres too)

The world was blessed in Aug of 1972, when I reared my head from my mothers loins. The place, Kenmore Mercy Hospital.

Raised in Riverside my entire life and attended McKinley High School for four years. Graduated class of 1990.

Joined the Military in 1992 and left Buffalo.

I have lived in Las Vegas for 12 of the last 18 years. Six years were spent living abroad (Turkey, Germany, Guam)

I return to Buffalo twice a year with my wife and son so that my parents can see their grandchild. I still love and cherish my roots to the city of Buffalo, the food and the sport teams. I have been traversing the country and attending at least one Bills game every year for the past 12 years. Last fall, in Buffalo, the Bills Beat up on Miami........this was the first time in 12 years that I attended a game and the Bills won.

Go Bills and Go Buffalo!

born at sisters

graduated from city honors

lived in spain for a little bit

graduated from UB - now in grad school bout to finish my master's

grew up off hertel and lived in elmwood village during undergrad, now im back living off hertel (in my own spot, not my momma's! )

currently house shopping on west side and north bflo

Born Pottsville PA. Moved to Kenmore 1943.

Graduated DeVeaux Niagara Fall 1953.

Worked Chevy River Road 15 months

College in Holland Mi Grad 1958

Worked Roswell Park till 1997

Had season tickets from 1973-1996

Retired 1997 moved to southwest coast Fl. Don't miss the snow and cold but do miss the food and changing of leaves each fall. Have Sunday ticket and a small gang of western NYers in for the games.

born at sisters

graduated from city honors

lived in spain for a little bit

graduated from UB - now in grad school bout to finish my master's

grew up off hertel and lived in elmwood village during undergrad, now im back living off hertel (in my own spot, not my momma's! )

currently house shopping on west side and north bflo

What year from CHS?

1957 Born Sisters Hospital

1957-60 Hazelwood Ave in Buffalo

1960-75: Cheektowaga '75 from Maryvale HS

1975-2006: US Navy. Resided in RI (Newport), VA (Norfolk), Fl (Jacksonville), Italy (Rome)

2006-Present: MOVED BACK to Buffalo. Reside in Williamsville. Will never leave. My final "deployments" at "sea" will be out of Sturgeon Point on Lake Erie.

Bills fan since dad took me to see them in '63. God Bless 'em (and the Sabres too)

Welcome to the board

beerme1 that is too generous an offer. I honestly can't say when my brother and I will make the trip. But i hope it will be soon. thanks for the great reply :)

You may think differently when you find out what his cost + $100 will be.

Born in Buffalo, 1958

Lived on West Side Side until age 10, then Town of Tonawanda

Graduated from Kenmore East in 1976

Graduated from RIT in 1981

In 1981 moved to St. Louis, Mo; Visalia Ca; Baden-Baden W. Germany; Los Angeles, Ca; St. Louis again, Batlimore MD, Ridgecrest, CA; and currently St. Louis (again) ~ all this time working for McDonnell Douglas (which is now Boeing).

Howdy, neighbor!

Northern VA (where my wife and I live) is sports-minded. Being so close to DC, the Caps, 'Skins, and Nat's are big here.

Nothing beats the 'ol Pizza Junction pizza in NT- I think they are now called 'The Good Guys' and moved to the corner of Ruie and Nash(?). Man, each slice weighs like 5 lbs!

Have you ever gone to Jimmy's in Herndon?

Pizza Junction is still around, but Good Guys was two managers from PJ's that left and started their own place. Very similar food but much better, IMO.