One writer thinks T.O. is washed up

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T.O. got 800+ yards in our craptastic offense. He might not be the same, but he's no where near washed up.

25% of those yards came in 1 game. 13% came in one play.

He's not that good anymore and showed nothing last year. No effort. Bad hands.

Oddly, he wasn't a "bad guy" last year. Just a bad player.

Ah, the old "take away X play/game and..." Sorry, doesn't work that way. No player averages exactly their season average/play, whether it be a RB, WR, TE, etc.

There were aspects of TO's game that disappointed me; he just wasn't as tough or as physical as I remember him being, and we all know his hands have been erratic for several years. But the guy did show he can still run and is still capable of big plays. While I understand and accept why he isn't a Bill anymore, I also have to say that if anything were to happen to Evans, I'd be a little bit annoyed if Nix didn't try to bring Owens back.

Terrible article with no actual evidence other than a call to a personnel guy who probably doesn't like Owens personally. For me to respect a reporter, they actually have to do some digging. This guy didn't. Owens was open practically all season and consistently got behind defenders on deep routes.

If you're going to claim that he's washed up, please provide actual evidence -- slowing down, not beating DBs on a consistent basis (don't mention Revis - no one beats him), playing with a less physical style, etc. The hands thing is a moot point because he's always dropped a bunch. On a competent offense last year he probably would have racked up 70-75 receptions, 1000 yards, and 10 TDs. I mean, Lee Evans is a heck of a player (put him on the Colts and you'll see), but his numbers were even worse than Owens'.

Perfectly stated, in my opinion.

You might wish to try this then. TO showed he still had the ability to get deep, beating single coverage (as long as it wasn't Reavis providing the coverage that is) occasionally. However, the rest of his game is gone gents. He has no heart to go over the middle and on the rare occasions he di, he had serious alligator arms and hands. He dropped numerous balls, which he has always done, but with the bulk of his game diminishing, that is now a big problem.

He also had numerous times where he could have fought for the ball, but never did. Some were intercepted, more fell incomplete. Sorry, but the TO you saw last year must be a different one than the one I saw. With no fight in him or the desire or ability to come back on the ball, I'm glad he's no longer a Bill.

TO was signed for one year, and he did nothing to deserve another, either with Buffalo or with anyone else.

Oh--ouch!

Wait for it........

Ah, the old "take away X play/game and..." Sorry, doesn't work that way. No player averages exactly their season average/play, whether it be a RB, WR, TE, etc.

....There it is!!

Doesn't work that way, doc? Does it work like the way JPL would have won all those games he didn't play in? Like that?

Its not taking anything away, its point out a fact. You need to break down his production to see what you really got. When such a huge % of his production came on one play, that raises red flags. TO simply doesn't have it anymore. He'd make a decent #2 for some team needing a vet presence, but he can't be relied on. You want a guy who had that big a % of his season stats racked up in 1 game? What about the other 15?

I've searched my soul in depth, and upon complete review, I now realize I couldn't give a rat's hairy @$$, because he doesn't play for the Bills.

If there's a god above, this will be the threadkiller post. He's gone. Move on.