George Steinbrenner Dies

Kingfish

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to WGR, they are reporting, according to the AP George Steinbrenner has passed away this morning, due to a massive Heart Attack.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5375561

A very sad week in Baseball, especially for the Yankees. First the voice of God passes, now the most famous owner in sports.

Even though i have a very strong dislike for the Yankees, you never wish this on anyone.

Whether you like him or not, agree of disagree with his tactics. his style and his consistently putting a good team on teh field made him one of the greatest owners in sports.

May he RIP.

Listening to WGR, they are reporting, according to the AP George Steinbrenner has passed away this morning, due to a massive Heart Attack.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5375561

A very sad week in Baseball, especially for the Yankees. First the voice of God passes, now the most famous owner in sports.

Even though i have a very strong dislike for the Yankees, you never wish this on anyone.

Whether you like him or not, agree of disagree with his tactics. his style and his consistently putting a good team on teh field made him one of the greatest owners in sports.

May he RIP.

RIP George

Link

July 13th, 2010

09:29 AM ET

George Steinbrenner dead after massive heart attack

George: "You um... wanted to see me Mr. Steinbrenner?"

Stein: "Yes George, come in, come in. You know George I've been your biggest supporter around here and that's why I was so disappointed to hear that you been pilfering the equipment."

George: "George would never do anything like that."

Stein: 'No why would I. I own it."

George: "Right!"

Stein: "So what are you saying?"

George: "Why would George steal from the Yankees?"

Stein: 'He wouldn't."

George: "Of course not"

Stein: "Exactly..........I don't what the hell's going on here."

George: "Sir?"

Stein: "Nothing."

George: "Well seems it's about time for George's lunch."

Stein: "Yes it is. Well lets see what I have today. Darn it It's ham & cheese again and she forgot the fancy mustard. I told her I like that fancy mustard. You could put that fancy mustard on a shoe and it would taste pretty good to me. Oh! She made it up with a cupcake though. Hey look at this . you know I got a new system for eating these things. I used to peel off the chocolate now I turn them upside down , I eat the cake first and save the frosting for the end.

:bag:

RIP Boss....

George Steinbrenner just died at age 80, it's a Sad day.

Fans that don't like the yankees always say that "they buy the championships", but those same fans would have loved to have had Steinbrenner as their team's owner. RIP George.

Fans that don't like the yankees always say that "they buy the championships", but those same fans would have loved to have had Steinbrenner as their team's owner. RIP George.

exactly! this is the kind of owner you want. he makes it happen whatever it takes. not the dbags we got in this town.

Not a Yankees fan but I agree. George played by the rules, as flawed and terrible as they are in baseball.