Worst Concerts that you saw...

cwchze

Easy one for me....

Ozzy 1982...New Haven civic center....played for 50 minutes...yeah 50 minutes...no sabbath

very distorted....and I love Ozzy...must of been drug influenced..

Van Hagar 1990..Knickobocker Arena...they had just received an award in nyc earlier in

the day and came out and played with quite a buzz on...needless to say it wasn't pretty...

oh well...I still had fun at both......(80's were good, very good)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheryl Crow, 1995 I believe. I'd seen part of an MTV show, something like Unplugged, she did before seeing her live. Well, the show and the concert were exactly the same, including the banter she did with the audience.

Ozzy at Ozfest a few years back where he dropped the mic on the stage as his singing still continued.

Counting Crows opening up for the Goo Goo Dolls a couple years back at Darien Lake. The Crows were really suprisingly flat compared to other times I've seen them. Adam Duritz screwed up big a couple times during the set, and actually apologized to the crowd.

Ozzy at Ozfest a few years back where he dropped the mic on the stage as his singing still continued.

Counting Crows opening up for the Goo Goo Dolls a couple years back at Darien Lake. The Crows were really suprisingly flat compared to other times I've seen them. Adam Duritz screwed up big a couple times during the set, and actually apologized to the crowd.

Didn't somebody close to Duritz just die right around then?

I'm going to 2nd Van Hagar, and and say Van Halen in 79 or 80. And, I had front row seats. I though DLR was such an ahole.

I'm not into hard rock but in the mid-late 80's I went with a friend and saw Van Halen,Scorpions and Mettalica at Candlestick Park,San Francisco. Big mistake. I liked the Scorpions.I had never listened to them before,but thought they sounded great. Van Halen and Metallica were HORRIBLE,just super loud noise and screaming. I actually fell asleep!

in 93, I went to Darien Lake to see Bon Jovi...I should've shown up late...Bon Jovi put on a fantastic show like always...but Extreme opened up for them and they were awful...they did ok on "More Than Words" but sounded tone deaf on everything else

Black Crowes downtown Charlotte in 2000. They were the headliners in a CenterCityFest or something with a couple other bands, one of which, was Bob Dylan. The Crowes sounded like ****. I know it was them and not the sound equipment because Dylan sounded good, you just couldn't make out his words, but hey, it's Dylan.

So Chris Robinson gets all pissy with the crowd, "why are you all booing us".

Well, Chris probably because you guys suck...

Ozzy Osbourne, early 80's...he looked like a 90-year old man and sounded like one. Oh...and keeping in the family, someone once forced me to see Kelly Osborne live at a club in Boston. I left after two songs. Celebrity ≠ talent!

PTR

luckily, i havent had any experiences where a big band shows up too effed up to play or anything like that, but i have been dragged to a number of crappy shows by girls.

the ONLY concert Ive ever walked out of, in my entire history of going to shows, was Ryan Adams at the Sphere back in 2004(5?). just soooo boooooring. nothing entertaining. nothing catchy. no personality. no feeling. just a snooze fest.

id rather have seen a "legends of rock" band like VH, Metallica, or Kiss too drunk to play straight than sit through that boring wanker's boring show.

Eric Clapton 1974 at Rich. Drunk[or something] out of his mind. Can't complain though I hopped the fence anyway. That was before they put that :devil: snow fence around the parameter of main fence and flooded it with sheriffs on horses

Me and the future( and current) Mrs. Lew were at that concert...Was very un-memorable.

The Other Ones Hartford maybe 5-10 years ago. Phil wasn't playing with them (I think he just had his liver transplant). Well the band played 50 minutes and the lights came on- no second set, no encore. They mailed it in

Too many suck openers and bar bands to list, but for main events:

Yes Tormato tour. They were fine for what they were, I just wasn't into prog and I didn't know their songs other than the hits. The Whale song was particularly painful.

Donald Fagen, Tower Theater a couple years ago... total sausage-fest, no women, all dudes in the crowd. Band was technically proficient but no heart or soul or personality. OK to watch, but not really any fun.

Paul Westerberg, 9:30 Club a couple years ago... he was trashed, total train-wreck of a show. It was a blast!

Genesis, Verizon Center DC a couple years ago... Phil Collins is far & away the lamest front-man for a headliner I've ever seen*, he should've stayed behind the drums.

* No, I have never seen Dave Matthews Band. :devil:

Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show, opening for ELP (I know....WTF???). Dr. Hook was Dr. Incapacitated. They were literally propping each other up so they wouldn't fall down.

Brownsville Station opening for Steve Miller. The drummer was tossing his sticks into the crowd and they were throwing them back at him, trying to take his eyes out. At one point, the power went out and the entire audience started cheering.

ELP and SMB were ab fab.