Losman Looking Good in Seattle

From PFT:

"For my money, and I think I've seen every OTA session that has been open to us, I think JP Losman is far closer to being a game-ready productive quarterback than Whitehurst," Boling writes. "Losman really has a big-time arm on him, and an awful lot of experience."

Funny stuff for those of us who've been seduced by the very same thing in the past.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From PFT:

Funny stuff for those of us who've been seduced by the very same thing in the past.

He did show flashes of capability but ultimatelyu melted when it counted. It would be a huge turnaround if he does become a productive starter in the league.

From PFT:

He always looked good in shorts, he has an incredible arm, Its when the pressures, making quick decisions, and managing the game is where he struggled.

Losman looked the same in the UFL as he ever did, but he seemed to improve on timing patterns and comeback routes. he still had a poor sense for the rush, made inexplicable mistakes, and lacked touch on short passes.

I'll be rooting for him, he wasn't my favorite Bills QB but he's a good guy and deserves another shot. :censored:

there was a similar (probably more like a million) thread recently in which I tried to support the guy. I'm with you. I hope he does well....just not against us.

Losman looked the same in the UFL as he ever did, but he seemed to improve on timing patterns and comeback routes. he still had a poor sense for the rush, made inexplicable mistakes, and lacked touch on short passes.

He probably needed/needs more time than most would to develop. Because of those physical traits - assuming he keeps them up - he'll get a chance. One of these days I could see the light going on for him and having a few good seasons. Maybe he beats out Whitehurst in Seattle and does it there. They need a QB to step up.

A lot of Bills fans mistook Losman holding onto the ball too long, and trying to make a play (and often eventually getting sacked) for lack of smarts, but half the time it wasn't at all. A huge majority of those plays were third and long or second and forever, and he was just trying to get something going because we sucked so bad. If he threw it away or dumped it off we were going to punt anyway.

That was part his fault and part horrific coaching, but he was and is not nearly the "no brain" QB that a lot of people think.

The simple fact was that he should have given up on plays that weren't to be had more often than he did, and Trent, in equal doses, gave up too quickly on plays because he was skittish. I think good coaching could have made both of them significantly better at that nick of time decision, and hopefully Gailey can turn it around for Trent.

From PFT:

LOL true that. xp and big arm mean absolutely nothing without good productivity. I mean, Jamarcus Russell has a big arm and experience. Not the right experience, but still experience. Good production is what they should have been after.

I still do wonder though what Gailey could have done with JP. I wish JP the best in Seattle. I hope he survives the Carroll regime.

I have a best friend who worked with me and his initials are JP and he actually does look like JP Losman. Everyday at work i would update him on his progress with the Bills (when JP was with the Bills).