Losman Looking Good in Seattle

Edwards, Losman, Bledsoe three QBs with some strengths and some major weaknesses- It's a coaches job to accentuate the strengths and disguise the weaknesses- our coaches failed at this in a huge way in fact I thought it looked like they were intentionally screwing with the QBs- Bledsoe who is a pocket QB who loves to throw the deep ball and to the TE in the intermediate routes, has pretty good season but combination of poor OL and Bledsoe's immobility leads to too many sacks, what a normal team would do is try to up grade the OL, what the Bills do is trade or let go of WR Price our deep threat, TE Jay Riemersma and pass catching FB Larry Centers and didn't really replace them with anyone comparable- tried to make Bledsoe a roll out short pass QB and go to a power running game (remember smash mouth except it was more like mush mouth).

JP who has a strong arm and decent mobility but is not overly accurate make him stay in the pocket and throw short- and because he's not too tall and doesn't have the greatest field vision give him guards who are 6,6 or 6,7

Edwards with his less than mighty arm -give him T.O. who's best going deep and has sloppy hands on the short stuff not someone like Boldin who could have sucked up a ton of short and medium passes- T.O. would have looked good with J.P. or Bledsoe.

So while we haven't any franchise type QBs since Jim Kelly the last time I've seen our coaching staff make a game plan that was a good fit with our QB is Flutie - JP is not the Idea guy but a good coach and OC will probably get a lot more out of him than Buffalo did.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, it hasn't been much better.

You may get your wish.

My wish is that he becomes a bonafide starting QB for the Bills. But nothing I've seen since his rookie season leads me to believe that will happen.

Yup, it was crappy.

But nope, Losman was not 7 - 9. The Buffalo Bills were. Losman played very well considering the lack of talent on that offense. You can hold Losman responsible for how well he played QB. Holding him responsible for the defense and the rest of the team means you don't get it.

LMAO if you think Losman will ever be anything more than a pine rider...YOU are the one who doesn't get it.

And yet in the last dozen years, he managed to put up the second best season of any Bills QB during that span (behind 2002 Bledsoe). Your gloved porcelain boy wonder hasn't even come close to replicating Losman's 2006 success.

If you narrow it down to a season you are correct. However, JP's forte was losing football games. Trent won more games in less starts because JP is a loser. He would lose games that seemed to be out of reach; he had a knack for it.

If he does start games for his new team you can rest assured he will lose them at an alarming clip.

My wish is that he becomes a bonafide starting QB for the Bills. But nothing I've seen since his rookie season leads me to believe that will happen.

No it isn't. You clearly stated that you hope he doesn't take a snap.

No it isn't. You clearly stated that you hope he doesn't take a snap.

My wish is that someone be an effective starter for the Bills. If Trent emerges from training camp as the best QB and has a good season, great. I just don't see it happening, mostly because I don't see him staying healthy for the whole season.

My wish is that someone be an effective starter for the Bills. If Trent emerges from training camp as the best QB and has a good season, great. I just don't see it happening, mostly because I don't see him staying healthy for the whole season.

Everyone wants an effective starter for the Bills. Re: TE, you may be right. I think his psyche is fried.

I'm sorry but you don't really believe that crap do you? The Bills sabotaged Losman??? :wallbash:

The offense was very predictable and vanilla the first part of 2006 and JP struggled...after the bye, they opened up the playbook more and JP played better. They went back to the vanilla playcalling to start the 2007 season...Fairchild had nothing but **** between his ears when he decided to do that

When the real bullets fly he just couldn't cut it....I was a JP fan until the Jets game when he fumbled away the game...

Thank Jason "The Bullfighter" Peters for that fumble...fat and lazy POS B-)

I had hopes JP would turn it around when he got his job back after Trent went down in the Meadowlands in 2007...and he looked good for a few games...but then consistency issues came back again and, in all honesty, I couldn't blame Fairchild totally...so you held out hope longer than I did...though I still hope he can turn it around in Seattle...classy guy who tried his best even though his best wasn't good enough...to hate on a guy like that and hope he fails (like some are doing) is pretty lowlife behavior

The offense was very predictable and vanilla the first part of 2006 and JP struggled...after the bye, they opened up the playbook more and JP played better. They went back to the vanilla playcalling to start the 2007 season...Fairchild had nothing but **** between his ears when he decided to do that

Then, Fairchild went to Colorado State and ran a wide open offense. Then, Jauron promoted the QB coach as he always does and most of the board thought it would be a huge improvement. Hmm.

I think Losman would have been a perfectly productive QB if he had any sort of coaching stability. The same can be said for a few young players that have passed through here in the last 10 years or so. Hopefully the current regime can be productive and bring along our young players in a more stable environment.

I wish him luck in Seattle. :thumbsup:

If you narrow it down to a season you are correct. However, JP's forte was losing football games. Trent won more games in less starts because JP is a loser. He would lose games that seemed to be out of reach; he had a knack for it.

If he does start games for his new team you can rest assured he will lose them at an alarming clip.

You consider Trent a winner? Two wrongs don't make a right and a bad clean up the city boy doesn't make a good glove wearing Mary. Trent stinks, always stunk and most likely will continue to stink. Losman will most likely continue to stink no matter what city he is trying to clean. I find it strange that you seem to wish death on one and rose petals on the other. It's weird.

Then, Fairchild went to Colorado State and ran a wide open offense. Then, Jauron promoted the QB coach as he always does and most of the board thought it would be a huge improvement. Hmm.

I hope the people who thought Schonert would be any good as offensive coordinator aren't in jobs that require drug-screening...Schonert had a poor-at-best track record as a QB Coach. I hated bringing him back to Buffalo as a QB Coach in the 1st place (He was the QB Coach in Buffalo from 1998-2000...coaching Rob Johnson...if that isn't a bad sign, I don't know what is) and, while I was definitely in favor of seeing Fairchild gone, I sure as hell didn't want Schonert taking over

Looking back, i was one who heaped blame on fairchild, but it was probably Jauron who forced fairchild to go with a more conservative offense. After Turk's comments last season when he got fired, i believe him (even if he was overmatched). Jauron has never had good offensive coordinators. I believe it is a combination of his inability to find one worth a damn, and even if the guy he found had potential, he'd ruin them with his ultra-conservative style.

Two things dick jauron excelled at: preventing the development of any young coaches/players, and putting those players and coaches in the worst possible position to succeed.

You consider Trent a winner? Two wrongs don't make a right and a bad clean up the city boy doesn't make a good glove wearing Mary. Trent stinks, always stunk and most likely will continue to stink. Losman will most likely continue to stink no matter what city he is trying to clean. I find it strange that you seem to wish death on one and rose petals on the other. It's weird.

They're all in a state of shock and denial. Not only is Losman back in the league, his current NFL stock is higher than Edwards!

:thumbsup:

They're all in a state of shock and denial. Not only is Losman back in the league, his current NFL stock is higher than Edwards!

You're right. Competing for a 3rd string job of a 4-12 team is the same as competing for a starting job. I'm sure Losman wouldn't trade places with Trent at all. :thumbsup:

One of the most retarded comments yet on this thread. Losman was 3rd string qb on Raiders and is again on Seahawks, Trent is the likely starter unless Brohm miraculously shows skills we have not seen in NFL yet.