trade package with Schobel and Lynch.

gjv001

Only in Madden.

Isn't that how teams approve/deny trades? If we followed my Madden Roadmap to success we could Peyton Manning as our QB with Drew Brees as the backup. It only cost me six player rated in the 60s and 70s too.

No idea why the Bills braintrust isn't on this.

Does a trade package of Schobel and Lynch have enough value for a No. 2 pick in next years draft?

Not sure what you mean by a number two, but if you mean a second rounder, no, so no way in heck a second overall pick. A player who is one strike away from being suspended for a year and a player at the end of his career who isn't even sure if he wants to play? Lucky if you get a 3rd or 4th round pick for them combined, and then it would have to be Houston, since that is the only place Schobel said he would entertain playing.

No.

Schobel may not play. If something happens to Lynch, he might miss a year too.

i think anything with schobel involved would include a promise to play......

ill throw this out again -- jammal brown and lance moore

a young player forced to the bench, and an aging former probowler with concerns

brown and moore are probably more valuable but both would need fresh contracts.

i dont think it would be impossible, but would hinge on a commitment from schobel -- and yes, it is very maddenesque but there are actual rumors in the saints organization that they would like to package the two if possible, and they have an interest in marshawn.

If Houston makes that trade and Schobel plays Houston could be nasty this year. They were pretty sick down the stretch last year with a busted up RB corps. Add Schobel along with Mario Williams to the pass rush and you have a QB's nightmare.

Except Schobel would play on the left side, something he isnt built for physically.

No thanks. Let him retire, and keep Lynch.

Does a trade package of Schobel and Lynch have enough value for a No. 2 pick in next years draft?

Sure. Every team out there is just dying to acquire a DE that wants to go to work on his terms or else retire. When you through in a RB that can't stay out of trouble and is one false move away from another suspension you really make the deal hard to beat. Why not throw in McCargo and ask for a number 1?

:devil:

Questions like that hinge on so many things. A team like Houston - a good example - could use both Lynch and Schobel. If they came looking, then I'd say a second round pick is very reasonable. In fact, if a team that considered itself a Super Bowl contender lost it's number one RB, I'd think the team would be willing to part with a second round pick for a RB of first round talent, who's only a few years into the league. It depends mostly on who needs the players and how good they are, and even how many picks they have.

Another good example would be New England - although they're off limits, of course - but, you can't tell me they wouldn't have been overjoyed to part with one of their second rounders for a legitimate RB like Lynch. I think they'd of jumped at it. It just depends on what team it is.

Schobel isn't going to be traded, no team will want him unless he is 110% commited to playing. Right now he wants to be able to just show up on game day, play, then spend the week with his family.

As for Lynch, why does no body get it? THE COACHES WANT LYNCH TO PLAY. Fred and Marshawn are the 1A/1B tandem RB's, Spiller is going to line up all over the offence playing RB and WR. Teams are now starting to look at 3 RB systems, Dallas is doing it now, the Giants used it in their SuperBowl run

Schobel isn't going to be traded, no team will want him unless he is 110% commited to playing. Right now he wants to be able to just show up on game day, play, then spend the week with his family.

I assume you're exaggerating. He wants 1 extra day a week to be with the family. As long as he brings it on game day, it shouldn't matter to us.

I assume you're exaggerating. He wants 1 extra day a week to be with the family. As long as he brings it on game day, it shouldn't matter to us.

Whether it's a single extra day off, or the whole week, you're both guessing what his request was. At this point, it's clear that he wants to play, but under his terms or with a "local" team.....

He also said that once the season began and if the Bills came calling, he'd have to think about it (meaning, he wants no part of the OTA's, and camp as well).

I suspect he'd jump at the chance to play for the Texans, however.

Now, as a Bills fan, if he would have simply requested a trade, instead of his feigning retirement, I would have tried to work something out, but since he destroyed his trade value himself, I would not give him an outright release. He's "retired", list him as such. Schobel did not play his hand well or intelligently.

Lets see... a guy who wants to retire and a guy one screw up away from a full year suspension. Sure, probalby get 3 no. 1's for them.