TBD New Rules

taterhill

If you've got six kids, and can't keep track of them in public, I'm not stopping if one of them wanders into my footpath, or bike path for that matter. But if I do stop as to avoid putting a knee upside our kid's head, and you, the parent, don't apologize, or at least acknowledge that your wandering child is getting in other people's way, I'm taking your kid so that I know he or she at least grows up to learn some manners.

If you've got six kids, and can't keep track of them in public, I'm not stopping if one of them wanders into my footpath, or bike path for that matter. But if I do stop as to avoid putting a knee upside our kid's head, and you, the parent, don't apologize, or at least acknowledge that your wandering child is getting in other people's way, I'm taking your kid so that I know he or she at least grows up to learn some manners.
And the corollary; The further away someone(s) walking down the street is from the sidewalk the faster and closer you drive by them (over 3 feet and a horn blast is optional).

If you're travelling at less than 70 MPH and you're in the passing lane for any longer than it takes to pass that annoyingly slow truck, I get to run you off the road.

Welcome to Colorado! Home of the drive left, pass right crowd. Worst drivers ever. :rolleyes:

Corrolary: if you're walking along not keeping an eye on your kid, I reserve the right to hide said kid in a garbage can or behind a bush and watch you go apeshit thinking he was kidnapped.

If you pull into an EZpass lane without and EZpass and try to back up.....it should be legal to pull you out of your car and give you a beating

feel free to add your own

My feeling has always been that every driver be given a gun with one bullet. You get one freebie in your lifetime (though you can buy freebies from others who would never use them) to use against a stupid driver.

How much better would the roads be if everyone wondered...does he or doesn't he? People (except the criminally stupid who would be promptly shot/killed) would slow down, be more courteous, not cut you off, back up in the easy pass lane...you name it.

Give every drive one shot and see how much better the roads would be.

For some reason I haven't been able to get my congressman to buy into this. Perhaps we can get a TBD groundswell...

My feeling has always been that every driver be given a gun with one bullet. You get one freebie in your lifetime (though you can buy freebies from others who would never use them) to use against a stupid driver.

How much better would the roads be if everyone wondered...does he or doesn't he? People (except the criminally stupid who would be promptly shot/killed) would slow down, be more courteous, not cut you off, back up in the easy pass lane...you name it.

For some reason I haven't been able to get my congressman to buy into this. Perhaps we can get a TBD groundswell...

I cannot beleive that I actually agree with beersphere on this topic, count me in!

Anyone sentenced to prison under a Class 1 Felony has their prison ID number entered into a special Lottery system. Lottery Numbers are drawn monthly.

A "Winner" no longer has to suffer thru prison. Society doesn't have to pay for them any more. And punks might be a little more reluctent to commit crimes

:rolleyes:

Corrolary: if you're walking along not keeping an eye on your kid, I reserve the right to hide said kid in a garbage can or behind a bush and watch you go apeshit thinking he was kidnapped.

Great, then they'll think it's me that nabbed them.

If a group of people are walking towards you, taking up the entire sidewalk and they refuse to break from their side-by-side formation, you are required to tackle the person directly in your path. A Rodney Harrison-style cheap shot isn't ideal, but we'll look the other way should you choose to go that path.

Also, there needs to be some sort of "shiv the mofo" rule.

An armed society is a polite society!

If a group of people are walking towards you, taking up the entire sidewalk and they refuse to break from their side-by-side formation, you are required to tackle the person directly in your path. A Rodney Harrison-style cheap shot isn't ideal, but we'll look the other way should you choose to go that path.

I already follow the rule that if they don't move, I go through.

I already follow the rule that if they don't move, I go through.

But it needs to be taken to the next level. Only a Zack Kassian style head hunting human missile hit will get the message through.

Says Mr. "Stop signs don't apply to bikes". :rolleyes:

Me too....sadly I would have used up my bullet a long time ago.

I would have used it during my road test. Some woman "stopped" at a stop sign halfway into my lane right before I drove past the road. Then, my examiner told me to stop, leaned out the window and yelled, "Woman I taught you better!" :rolleyes: Turns out he had been her driver's ed instructor.

If/when D.Briere scores the series winning goal in the Stanley Cup Finals, everyone who has ever crapped in a soccer thread on TBD has to put a Flyers logo as their avatar until the next Stanley Cup champ is crowned one year later.

*looks at Stojan*

You should be able to legally trip anyone walking down the street (or hall) while also texting or not paying attention to where they are walking due to conversation on a cell phone.

Excellent idea. I posted some time ago, that if I'm first in line at a stoplight and notice a yakker behind me, I accelerate slowly when the light changes. Some people took umbrage with that.