TwoBillsDrive APB

taterhill

I've been here since November 2002. How the hell did I miss this???

Check your member number. I think many of us were "grandfathered" to this version of the list back in 2001. I think it was a software change. My betters can explain it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he resurfaced as GrudginglyPessimistic. The writing style is characteristic. Pyrite Gal was preceded by FakeFatSunny, if memory serves.

And yes - somewhat shorter posts in this most recent iteration. But always a good read, IMO.

Ah. I recognized the FFS>PG switch due to their length, and use of bullet points.

I also agree on quality of the posts, they are well written.

Check your member number. I think many of us were "grandfathered" to this version of the list back in 2001. I think it was a software change. My betters can explain it.

There was a crash in August of 2001 (thanks Jay!) so we all had to re-join giving everyone new member numbers. That's why I got #9 and you got #156 even though you had been around longer.

Dude, I hate that shiit. My best buddy from high school and I were having a BLAST until one of our coworkers decided to seduce him. She was jealous of our friendship, so she did the pouty guilt trip thing to him, and next thing you know I'm the best man at his wedding. After that, it's pretty much all over with. I've barely talked to the guy in the last fifteen years :thumbsup:

I'm lucky, my best friend is also my brother in law. Now, sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes not (he's a Dolfan). But I have a friend who I can count on for help with projects and the like and it can all be handled under the guise of seeing family. hehe

Dude, I hate that shiit. My best buddy from high school and I were having a BLAST until one of our coworkers decided to seduce him. She was jealous of our friendship, so she did the pouty guilt trip thing to him, and next thing you know I'm the best man at his wedding. After that, it's pretty much all over with. I've barely talked to the guy in the last fifteen years :thumbsup:

His loss. He'll never get on your web show.

I hear about this Ed a lot...what were the nature of his antics?

Also while I'm at it...what the hell is 3.5? I see this constantly mentioned sardonically.

Ed got married and no longer has access to the family's pants. He is not allowed to post here.

Let this be a lesson to you Sage. I have heard code name Ennifer asking how to "rob the cradle using a prenup". It may be difficult to resist the lure of Hollywood but remember the family's pants.

SDS and others still hanging here were on that list. It still exists "underground", mostly off topic. Before there was a TBD, and in the earliest days some of us wrote columns or features at Scott's request. Believe it or don't - things were a little lean when TBD first started (1995-96?) and there was no Stadium Wall yet. If he cared to, SDS could explain it better than this old 'coot!

Were you ever a marsupial, doc? Mangla?

I was reading Kultarr's Pouch for about a year before I even started posting.

I still remember my first post, too...I made the observation that Rob Johnson, while sidelined with separated ribs, was jumping up and down on the sidelines during a game, and wondered how bad an injury it thus was if he could be so demonstrative. I was completely shredded (as badly as I give out now) by the "old-timers" for doubting the durability and competitiveness of "our starting quarterback".

How times change...

Johnny Coli's "overheard movie pitch" was probably the best thing I've read on this board.

What are you gonna call it?

"Tardball". Unless I use midgets, then I'll call it "Low and Inside".

:unsure::lol::unsure:

Loved the stories from the store, too. :thumbsup:

There was a crash in August of 2001 (thanks Jay!) so we all had to re-join giving everyone new member numbers. That's why I got #9 and you got #156 even though you had been around longer.

...and here I thought I was bumped from the Inner Circle for personal reasons. :thumbsup:

BTW, since so many are axing (sic) questions, this is how rosen became a verb.

ex: The system rosened the bed.

I was reading Kultarr's Pouch for about a year before I even started posting.

I still remember my first post, too...I made the observation that Rob Johnson, while sidelined with separated ribs, was jumping up and down on the sidelines during a game, and wondered how bad an injury it thus was if he could be so demonstrative. I was completely shredded (as badly as I give out now) by the "old-timers" for doubting the durability and competitiveness of "our starting quarterback".

How times change...

:thumbsup: Good one!

Johnny Coli's blog and the Mark VI "kinder, gentler" era were two great points in the history of this board.

Ha - I started reading this thread and the first two things I thought of were Coli's blog (eminently classic) and Mark vee-eye

And not one mention of Ice :thumbsup:

Ha - I started reading this thread and the first two things I thought of were Coli's blog (eminently classic) and Mark vee-eye

Same here. Coli's blog was just some damn good reading. And Mark...well, our loss. Another in the long list.

Also, don't forget that FFS used to be Barry Brady before that.

I miss the one-legged spherical gecko, but then again, he was never really a user here.