Bills can create some nasty match-ups

Looking over our offensive weapons, if utilized properly, we could give defenses fits with their coverages. Evans has as much straight line speed as anyone out there, Nelson has good size and speed out of the TE position, Parrish has crazy quickness (imagine him in a Patriots offense) Hardy has a physical advantage at 6' 5" w/ 4.5 40 speed, and let's not forget the elusive CJ Spiller who can come out of the backfield and find matchups against linebackers in coverage.

If teams go nickle and dime to cover that, pound away with FJ and Lynch. We've got the weapons, it's just a matter of knowing how to use them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking over out offensive weapons, if utilized properly, we could give defenses fits with their coverages. Evans has as much straight line speed as anyone out there, Nelson has good size and speed out of the TE position, Parrish has crazy quickness (imagine him in a Patriots offense) Hardy has a physical advantage at 6' 5" w/ 4.5 40 speed, and let's not forget the elusive CJ Spiller who can come out of the backfield and find matchups against linebackers in coverage.

If teams go nickle and dime to cover that, pound away with FJ and Lynch. We've got the weapons, it's just a matter of knowing how to use them.

I agree 100% The Bills just need one of the QBs to step up and be good enough to use them.

Guest dog14787
Looking over out offensive weapons, if utilized properly, we could give defenses fits with their coverages. Evans has as much straight line speed as anyone out there, Nelson has good size and speed out of the TE position, Parrish has crazy quickness (imagine him in a Patriots offense) Hardy has a physical advantage at 6' 5" w/ 4.5 40 speed, and let's not forget the elusive CJ Spiller who can come out of the backfield and find matchups against linebackers in coverage.

I agree,

This is going to be a breakout year for Shaun Nelson and watch for Marcus Easley to explode out of the gate fast, especially for a WR, the kids got the it factor and don't forget Action Freddie Jackson who behind a good O-line could chew up defenses for big chunks of yardage every time he touches the ball,

I'm pumped :)

The optimism on this thread is refreshing, I expected to be accused of mental retardation by this point.

Finally fans are taking a more realistic look at the Bills Offense. The big if is with the QBs and offensive line.

Lets hope Trent Edwards and Gailey are both on the same page and the O-line comes to play man for man. Then look out.

The defense looks to be vastly improved stoping the run. Solid D-Line with some quality LBs. If they can get a resemblance of a pass rush all the better. The secondary will be the best part of the defense. I' m liking this team more and more, especially the coaching......

The optimism on this thread is refreshing, I expected to be accused of mental retardation by this point.

Honestly, the doom-and-gloomers should be accused of mental retardation long before you. All you need to do is look at the success that Gailey had with Tyler Thigpen to see what he can do with offenses.

and watch for Marcus Easley to explode out of the gate fast, especially for a WR, the kids got the it factor

I don't get the Easley love...the kid's an interesting developmental prospect, but he's only got one year of starting experience at a mid-level program. If Hardy struggled to learn route running his rookie year, Easley's head is gonna flat out explode, IMO.

I suspect he'll play the #5 WR and contribute on special teams, but don't see 'it' happening until 2011...

Looking over our offensive weapons, if utilized properly, we could give defenses fits with their coverages. Evans has as much straight line speed as anyone out there, Nelson has good size and speed out of the TE position, Parrish has crazy quickness (imagine him in a Patriots offense) Hardy has a physical advantage at 6' 5" w/ 4.5 40 speed, and let's not forget the elusive CJ Spiller who can come out of the backfield and find matchups against linebackers in coverage.

If teams go nickle and dime to cover that, pound away with FJ and Lynch. We've got the weapons, it's just a matter of knowing how to use them whether we have a quarterback to get them the ball.

don't forget the o-line too

I agree,

This is going to be a breakout year for Shaun Nelson and watch for Marcus Easley to explode out of the gate fast, especially for a WR, the kids got the it factor and don't forget Action Freddie Jackson who behind a good O-line could chew up defenses for big chunks of yardage every time he touches the ball,

I'm pumped :)

My thinking exactly. Real coaches with a bust azz attitude. I wonder what Hardy does run the 40 in now though. I think one of these receivers are going to bust out this year.Lets Go Bufffaalllooooo. :w00t:

These were exactly the kinds of things people were saying LAST YEAR. We have Owens, and Lynch, and Hardy and Evans and.... the problem is the QB, or rather the lack of a good one.

Parrish has crazy quickness (imagine him in a Patriots offense)

Too bad he doesn't have crazy mental abilities or crazy muscles on his waify little body. Call me crazy but 170lbs is just not going to cut it in the NFL.

If our line can give our QB a few seconds to think on his feet (not his ass) then we probably can see a good season. It looked good last year until injuries started decimating the team (and the mass amount of false starts due to the no huddle). I think our QB corps has talent, they just havent had the coaches or the chances to be able to work properly. I mean, wasnt it Trent who went 5-1 a few years ago? Didnt Brohm look quite good last year when he was suddenly starter, making passes behind our lack of a line and only making mistakes that were generally due to the fact he was only on the team for 3 weeks and had only practiced with the 1st or even 2nd team for a week?

This year sounds like we have coaches that can get it, and every OTA that goes by makes this year seem like its gonna be better than the last 10

These were exactly the kinds of things people were saying LAST YEAR. We have Owens, and Lynch, and Hardy and Evans and.... the problem is the QB, or rather the lack of a good one.

The problem was the offensive coaching (you can take that two ways). And a young OL with a ton of injuries.

I'm not saying our QBs are or were real good or helped at all, but Jauron and AVP were in over their heads

when it came to anything resembling an offense.

And how Jauron and Co. refused to even give young guys or backups a chance when they were obviously performing better than the starter or deserved a better look (Greer, Wilson, F. Jackson, Parrish, Hardy, Johnson, etc.) just drives me mad. I'm glad to see everyone getting a chance to assert themselves under Gailey. With Jauron, the starters didn't have to work as hard because they knew they weren't going to lose their spot and the young guys might not work as hard because they weren't going to get on the field unless there was an injury. I know they're professionals and they should work hard all the time, but without incentive, its usually hard to give your all all of the time with no let downs.

The farther away Jauron's regime becomes the more clear it is why he could never win in this league as a HC, his philosophy on almost everything was wrong (S&C, team competition, offense, personnel, accountability, game management, etc., etc.).

Sure, last offseaon we talked about our skill players hopefully (and we were wrong), but everything is different this year. And hopefully one of our QBs can step up to at least be a solid starter. There is a much better chance of that with Gailey and Cortez (known for their work with QBs) than with AVP, no QB coach, and "No-offense is a good offense" Jauron.