OTA updates per rotoworld...

Here are some updates on individuals from the OTA's that I got from rotoworld. Still to early to read much into this, but at least it gives some indication of who they wanted to look at first.

James Hardy saw the bulk of the reps as the starter opposite Lee Evans when the Bills opened OTAs on Tuesday.

Coach Chan Gailey cautioned not to read too much into the practice. "We’re waiting to see who is going to step up," explained Gailey. Steve Johnson and Chad Jackson were just behind Hardy in the receiver rotation.

Dwan Edwards opened Bills OTAs Tuesday as a starting defensive end ahead of Spencer Johnson.

Marcus Stroud manned the other end spot, with Kyle Williams at nose tackle. Edwards failed physicals for other teams before signing, but he insists he's perfectly healthy. Johnson will stay in a rotational lineman role this year, fighting promising third-round pick Alex Carrington for snaps.

Trent Edwards took the first-team reps in all sessions at the opening of OTAs on Tuesday.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was second, Brian Brohm third, and rookie Levi Brown fourth. The competition at quarterback is open, so don't be surprised if coach Chan Gailey mixes up the order at some point. For now, it's safe to assume that Edwards is the early favorite to start in Week 1. He currently ranks last among all starting quarterbacks in our projections.

Bills OT Demetrius Bell (torn ACL) and OG Eric Wood (broken leg) are both being held out of voluntary OTAs this week.

Wood is targeting training camp for a return, so it's no surprise that he's not ready to practice. Bell's absence is just another reminder that the Bills' left tackle situation is a disaster.

Donte Whitner is entering OTAs as the starting strong safety, according to the Bills' official site.

The Chan Gailey regime is apparently shaking things up, and it's a surprise that Whitner is considered a starter. Look for him to be pushed hard by George Wilson for the right to line up next to FS Jairus Byrd in Week 1. Safety is one of the few positions at which the Bills actually have quality.

Cornell Green is penciled in as the Bills' starting right tackle.

Demetrius Bell, Jamon Meredith and Ed Wang are focusing on the left side. That leaves Green, a free agent pickup that figures to be a liability, with little competition on the right side. The Bills are setting themselves up for disaster.

Here are some updates on individuals from the OTA's that I got from rotoworld. Still to early to read much into this, but at least it gives some indication of who they wanted to look at first.

James Hardy saw the bulk of the reps as the starter opposite Lee Evans when the Bills opened OTAs on Tuesday.

Coach Chan Gailey cautioned not to read too much into the practice. "We’re waiting to see who is going to step up," explained Gailey. Steve Johnson and Chad Jackson were just behind Hardy in the receiver rotation.

Dwan Edwards opened Bills OTAs Tuesday as a starting defensive end ahead of Spencer Johnson.

Marcus Stroud manned the other end spot, with Kyle Williams at nose tackle. Edwards failed physicals for other teams before signing, but he insists he's perfectly healthy. Johnson will stay in a rotational lineman role this year, fighting promising third-round pick Alex Carrington for snaps.

Trent Edwards took the first-team reps in all sessions at the opening of OTAs on Tuesday.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was second, Brian Brohm third, and rookie Levi Brown fourth. The competition at quarterback is open, so don't be surprised if coach Chan Gailey mixes up the order at some point. For now, it's safe to assume that Edwards is the early favorite to start in Week 1. He currently ranks last among all starting quarterbacks in our projections.

Bills OT Demetrius Bell (torn ACL) and OG Eric Wood (broken leg) are both being held out of voluntary OTAs this week.

Wood is targeting training camp for a return, so it's no surprise that he's not ready to practice. Bell's absence is just another reminder that the Bills' left tackle situation is a disaster.

Donte Whitner is entering OTAs as the starting strong safety, according to the Bills' official site.

The Chan Gailey regime is apparently shaking things up, and it's a surprise that Whitner is considered a starter. Look for him to be pushed hard by George Wilson for the right to line up next to FS Jairus Byrd in Week 1. Safety is one of the few positions at which the Bills actually have quality.

Demetrius Bell, Jamon Meredith and Ed Wang are focusing on the left side. That leaves Green, a free agent pickup that figures to be a liability, with little competition on the right side. The Bills are setting themselves up for disaster.

I think my main issue here is the same stuff was probably said about the Dolphins a couple of years ago by these guys and they won the freaking division that year. I'd look it up but I won't lie, I'm too lazy to right now.

The info was enough for me, I didn't need this guy's personal touch on things, but I guess that's what this site does right?

I think my main issue here is the same stuff was probably said about the Dolphins a couple of years ago by these guys and they won the freaking division that year. I'd look it up but I won't lie, I'm too lazy to right now.

The info was enough for me, I didn't need this guy's personal touch on things, but I guess that's what this site does right?

Read any pre-season NFL guide and it's all a rehash of the previous season, right down to the predicted finish. Whoever this tard is writing for Rotoworld is making some hugs assumptions. D-Bell being injured is a disaster? Someone should clue him in that training camp is still 3 months away. But you know what? No one gets graded for this crap. No one gets called out for being dead wrong. That's because everything is forgotten as soon as it is written.

PTR

Read any pre-season NFL guide and it's all a rehash of the previous season, right down to the predicted finish. Whoever this tard is writing for Rotoworld is making some hugs assumptions. D-Bell being injured is a disaster? Someone should clue him in that training camp is still 3 months away. But you know what? No one gets graded for this crap. No one gets called out for being dead wrong. That's because everything is forgotten as soon as it is written.

PTR

Yeah, the only information I found interesting was who got the first looks with the first units. There are clear battles at key positions, but its always interesting to see who gets first crack. The only exception is at QB since Chailey said Trent and Fitz will get the bulk of the reps the next 2 weeks since Brohm and Brown already got 100 reps each in his system at rookie camp...No shock really that Trent got first team reps first ahead of Fitz

This guy likes the word "disaster". LT is a disaster. RT is a disaster. QB is a disaster.

PTR

Where exactly does it say our QB situation is a "disaster?"

I would say our LT situation right NOW is a disaster...I also am not too sold/high on Cornell Green as our RT!

So I would say this guy was pretty spot on with his analysis.

None of this is surprising at all. Hardy at #2 WR is a little surprising but Trent getting the starting snaps and the vets Edwards, Williams, and Stroud starting on the D-line isn't surprising. Wood and Bell not being there also was expected.

None of this is surprising at all. Hardy at #2 WR is a little surprising but Trent getting the starting snaps and the vets Edwards, Williams, and Stroud starting on the D-line isn't surprising. Wood and Bell not being there also was expected.

Not really. Hardy was drafted a lot higher than Johnson, the only other guy I'd think could be the #2 (at present, since I think Easley will get it eventually).

Demetrius Bell, Jamon Meredith and Ed Wang are focusing on the left side. That leaves Green, a free agent pickup that figures to be a liability, with little competition on the right side. The Bills are setting themselves up for disaster.[/i]

The lack of obvious depth at RG and RT scares me a bit. We'll see how that shakes out. I'd be watching waiver-wire if I were the Bills.

The lack of obvious depth at RG and RT scares me a bit. We'll see how that shakes out. I'd be watching waiver-wire if I were the Bills.

Right now we have tons off depth...we just don't know what they can do yet.

PTR

It's not a disaster yet. It's an impending disaster right now.

"April 14, 1912, 2:00 pm: ...ordered crew to rearrange deck chairs fore, aft and amidships resulting in

a more efficient arrangement....the passengers were well pleased..."

From "Titanic: the recoverd diaries" (Penguin 1999)

What function exactly does Rotoworld serve? All they're doing is infringing on Mark Gaughan's and Chris Brown's work....

Rotoworld is designed ONLY for fantasy leagues. They don't do any reporting themselves and don't pretend to. All analysis of other papers and reporters stories is reflective of what it means to fantasy stats, not real football games, wins and losses, etc. So when they say Bell is a disaster at LT, what they mean is be wary of drafting Spiller or Freddy Jackson in your league because he probably won't get many holes and he won't score a lot of touchdowns in fantasy. It's actually very good resource for that stuff, as well as player contracts.

Not really. Hardy was drafted a lot higher than Johnson, the only other guy I'd think could be the #2 (at present, since I think Easley will get it eventually).

I think Hardy will become something good for us but he has had a lot of injuries to over come. That being said Easley makes too much sense for this team. He is 6'3", has run a 4.39 has an incredible amount of upside because he was in a running offense for a few years. THIS GUY CAN BLOCK! Add that in with the size and speed an eventually he could become a great starter for us.

I do not put much stock in who is the "starter" right now. Between now and the opening game much is likely to change. Even beyond the QB situation I would agree that the Tackle situation is a mess at best and a disaster at worst.

I do not put much stock in who is the "starter" right now. Between now and the opening game much is likely to change. Even beyond the QB situation I would agree that the Tackle situation is a mess at best and a disaster at worst.

I agree that you can't put much stock in the "starters" right now. I just found it interesting who they pencilled-in as starters.

As for the tackle situation, and offense in general, sorry but it WON'T be worse than it was last year after game 2, when Butler was lost. As I've been saying, the O-line was hampered by having Wood and Levitre being rookies (sandwiching Hangartner who was nursing a bad back for a good portion of the season), and seeing another rookie (Meredith) who barely was with the team, or a journeyman, have to start at RT. And at LT, you had a virtual rookie (Bell) who had never played in a real NFL game before and who was taking backup reps all training camp and pre-season, not to mention missing a couple weeks with an injury. Top that off with coordinating that was atrocious to begin with, and only got worse when Schonert got canned days before the season opener, and the offense was doomed from the start.