I Met Trent, Brohm and Levitre

Guest dog14787
Will Trent be the long term franchise qb? I can't say that. But what I can say with confidence is that he is better than the other qbs on the roster.

I just hope the front office can shore up the OL, especially at LT. The OL also needs some additional depth so that injuries won't result in a total collapse of the offense, as it happened last year. I would like to see the qb candidates have a fairer chance to demonstrate what they can or can't do.

You know John, my gut feeling tells me Nix/Gailey want TE to be that guy, believe TE can be that guy and have probably even told him as much privately, but now its up to TE to go out and prove them correct.

Trent Edwards is on a mission, next stop the Superbowl...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for pointing out my disgust with our awful QB. I don't know him personally. The only reason I give a rats ass about him is he is potentially the leader of the football team I've rooted for since birth. So, when I say "!@#$ him" I mean it and don't apologize for it. Its cool, I guess, that you saw him at a bar, but the "its just a game" crowd needs to realize that this game is the ONLY reason I know his name or give two ***** about him. That said, he is awful at this game, so.... !@#$ him.

Sorry for pointing out my disgust with our awful QB. I don't know him personally. The only reason I give a rats ass about him is he is potentially the leader of the football team I've rooted for since birth. So, when I say "!@#$ him" I mean it and don't apologize for it. Its cool, I guess, that you saw him at a bar, but the "its just a game" crowd needs to realize that this game is the ONLY reason I know his name or give two ***** about him. That said, he is awful at this game, so.... !@#$ him.

Did you mean two stevestojans? Sorry I could not resist! :unsure:

This news makes me so angry. These guys aren't supposed to be having fun during the offseason. They should be working out, watching game film, and drinking protein shakes non-stop. If I read about the beer pong results on their twitter pages, my head will explode.

Yeah, Chan should pull all the TV's out of McFaddens tonight! Great thread. Put me in the "surprised as Hell" column if Wood can come back this soon after that brutal injury!

Yeah, Chan should pull all the TV's out of McFaddens tonight! Great thread. Put me in the "surprised as Hell" column if Wood can come back this soon after that brutal injury!

It has been pretty clear for a while now that he will be back. How some people miss everything about Wood beats me.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, and I'm certainly not suggesting TE is about to become the next Joe Montana, but a 77.9 career QB rating playing on a dysfunctional offense run by Dick Jauron and company is not "awful."

Whether the game is the reason you know a person's name or not, your comments are pretty freaking immature.

Why is this crap necessary? You really find it necessary to insult a person you don't know because he didn't perform well enough on a sports team you root for? Because if it really is that important to you, you need to get a real life.

And thanks for manning up and paying after you lost your bet this year. :unsure: I can respect that.

I'm sure you've said anything negative about a bills player before.

This is a message board. It's what people DO!

Guest dog14787
I'm sure you've said anything negative about a bills player before.

This is a message board. It's what people DO!

Posting while offering zero insight, without adding zero to the debate, just to say F@%K this person or that person are what the narrow minded idiots do on this message board.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

I agree...

Can't wait for the preseason games. I'm routing for Levi Brown myself. I think they are going to give Brohm every chance to win it because they don't know what they have in him.

They certainly know what they have in Edwards and Fitz...

So enlighten me.. What comparisons and/or evidence do you have, that makes Trent better than all of the other QBs on the roster? If we are not allowed to compare players against each other using the past as a barometer, then how are you reaching your conclusion?

You have an ass backward view on the qb situation. Don't waste your time making assumptions on the qbs based on the past. Let them compete and see which one grabs the mantle. The Bills organization has been in a state of chaos from the inept coaching staff, peculiar personnel decisions to a USFL caliber offensive line. For heavens sake just prior to the beginning of last season the inept HC fired the OC and gave the position to an already inexperienced qb coach who was completely out of his depth. Prior to the season the troglodyte HC decides to go to a no huddle offense. Why? What was the benefit of going to an offense that requires more ability and talent than the talentless Bills had on offense?

Instead of asking me what evidence do I have about Edwards ability to be a starter, why don't you ask yourself what evidence do you have that Brohm or Fitz have to be starters? There are doubts about all three qbs. It is probable that none of the three will be our long term franchise qb. Maybe Levi Brown might be the best prospect in the long run? No one knows for sure.

Let the three qbs compete against one another and see which one prevails. Why prejudge the outcome before they get on the field? There are plenty of qbs who have struggled before things clicked or the situation was conducive to success. Kurt Warner didn't have instant success; neither did Brees, nor did Matt Schaub the qb for Houston; Seattle's Hasselbeck and Green Bay's Rogers and many other qbs.

The Bills over the past decade have been a very BAD franchise. Over the past decade they ranked 29 out of 32. What the Bills can't afford to do more than any other team is close the door on any player at any position. Let the players compete against one another and see who wins the position. This anti-Edwards attitude before he gets on the field this year is not only foolish but also self-defeating.

You know John, my gut feeling tells me Nix/Gailey want TE to be that guy, believe TE can be that guy and have probably even told him as much privately, but now its up to TE to go out and prove them correct.

Trent Edwards is on a mission, next stop the Superbowl...

My view is the coaching staff is going to seriously look at all the veteran qbs (exclude Levi Brown) and in short order make a decision as to who is going to be the starter. Nix/Gailey have no interest in favoring any of the candidates. Their only interest is to determine which qb gives the team the best opportunity to win.

One way of upgrading the performance of the qb position is to upgrade the OL. There is still plenty of work to do in that area. I strongly suspect there will be some additional player moves along the line.

Guest dog14787
My view is the coaching staff is going to seriously look at all the veteran qbs (exclude Levi Brown) and in short order make a decision as to who is going to be the starter. Nix/Gailey have no interest in favoring any of the candidates. Their only interest is to determine which qb gives the team the best opportunity to win.

One way of upgrading the performance of the qb position is to upgrade the OL. There is still plenty of work to do in that area. I strongly suspect there will be some additional player moves along the line.

I wasn't trying to imply the QB's wouldn't be given an equal opportunity, but in my opinion Nix/Gailey already have a good idea who they would like to step up and take the reigns.

How can you not start favoring one candidate over the other as we progress into training camp and preseason and still determine our starter.

The evaluations have already started...