Chris Brown - Bills "Reporter"

Right, he doesn't bother me at all.... I like his insight on the team when he is on WGR on Mondays and his contributions to the website. He releases the official info from the team, without providing opinion,but people just need to know who signs his checks so you aren't going to get much criticism of the team or rumors.

I never mentioned a thing about opinions or rumors, nor said that he bothered me (to address Buftex comment). And of course his paycheck comes from the Bills. I am talking about confirmation of simple facts. In case you need a further example, it was a Philly beat writer who broke the Colin Brown release. The Bills need to throw Brown (the reporter) a bone once in awhile.

Edited by Beebes Bubble

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For that matter, when was the last time a local beat reporter broke any story? The national guys always know who the Bills have hired, released or traded for long before anyone in the supposed know ever has an inkling anything is going down.

The national guys get all their insider info from the agents.

You would think the Bills would toss Brown a bone now and then and let him break a juicy story, too --- all the NFL teams seem to want to take care of the national guys, Schefter, Rapoport, Clayton, Mort, etc etc --- at expense of their local beat guys

I actually think most of these stories are leaked by agents of players -- that's the connection Brown should make and other Bills beat guys ---

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

For that matter, when was the last time a local beat reporter broke any story? The national guys always know who the Bills have hired, released or traded for long before anyone in the supposed know ever has an inkling anything is going down.

Man, is that accurate. They're more like us, fans, but with real cool access to pressers.

Not really impressed with C Brown and cant see what value he brings. One of the many postings he wrote that aggravated me was this year heading into the Panthers game. The subject of the story was EJ and Fred reaching out to Russell Wilson and Marshawn on what to do vs the Panthers D. Russell shared "go deep" and Marshawn shared "stick with the run". In my view, that info shared to EJ and Fred should have been viewed as strategy info. My aggravation stems from Chris writing on what other players are telling our players on how to beat an opponent. The strategy info shared between the players should be kept quiet and behind closed doors, not shared in a public forum.

Brown can't "break" stories because the Bills won't allow transactions to be reported until they are finalized and approved by the league.

Now as for all the other Buffalo journalists, I have no idea?

That really sucks -- so he is nothing more than a glorified PR guy -- he probably can't even investigate or dig for stories because it would be a conflict with his bosses --- can't be too rewarding of a job for a "journalist"

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

Brown's ok for what he does. Always seems to ask thoughtful questions in interviews at least.

Does anybody else think John Murphy is useless? I would rather listen to just the audio of marv albert calling the game than him. Zero analysis, zero insight, and completely boring.

That really sucks -- so he is nothing more than a glorified PR guy -- he probably can't even investigate or dig for stories because it would be a conflict with his bosses --- can't be too rewarding of a job for a "journalist"

Don't know if any of you remember, back before the days when print media was a bit more relevent, Chris Brown was (I believe) the editor of Shout Magazine...his column was the best thing about it back then. He was more objective. Lets be honest, who can blame a guy for trying to make a living...mix in the fact that he gets to work for his favorite pro-sports team, as "glorified PR guy"...how many wouldn't jump at that chance?