CJ Spiller's Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Honestly, I loved Spiller from the start. However, I questioned picking a running back that high because of all the other needs we have. That said, it is making a lot of sense now. In the top 10, you need to hit homeruns. Spiller is as good of a bet to be a homerun as anyone in the draft.

Anyone who just thinks he is rb is clueless. He has great hands for a rb and I could definitely see him being split out in the passing game. This league is about matchups. No LB can stay close to Spiller.

Additionally, he is a beast KR. Between Spiller and McKelvin, we have the BEST KRs in the entire league. He breaks a ton of tackles and runs with power.

I only go with throwbacks jerseys because I hate taking risks on unproven guys (I still get a chuckle out of Losman jerseys). But based on everything I read about this guy, I'm jumping full aboard the Spiller train. Great dude who is a great football player. If Gailey has any creativity at all, we jsut drafted the Offensive Rookie of the Year. :pirate:

Honestly, I loved Spiller from the start. However, I questioned picking a running back that high because of all the other needs we have. That said, it is making a lot of sense now. In the top 10, you need to hit homeruns. Spiller is as good of a bet to be a homerun as anyone in the draft.

Anyone who just thinks he is rb is clueless. He has great hands for a rb and I could definitely see him being split out in the passing game. This league is about matchups. No LB can stay close to Spiller.

Additionally, he is a beast KR. Between Spiller and McKelvin, we have the BEST KRs in the entire league. He breaks a ton of tackles and runs with power.

I only go with throwbacks jerseys because I hate taking risks on unproven guys (I still get a chuckle out of Losman jerseys). But based on everything I read about this guy, I'm jumping full aboard the Spiller train. Great dude who is a great football player. If Gailey has any creativity at all, we jsut drafted the Offensive Rookie of the Year. :pirate:

He is such a stud, that last run was unreal :flirt:

Soooooooo glad he is a Bill!!!

He'll have a great season with Gailey as coach...I think he throws better on the run than Fitzy and Edwards hehehe...Spiller can do anything...still don't agree with the pick, but I think he'll push for the rookie of the year...except you're missing one major fact that will not allow Spiller to get offensive rookie of the year..

LEVI BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehehehe

While Spiller is a good player, I dont think he was the right choice for our team. The impact of a top T goes un-noticed to the average fan but it would translate to a better running and passing game. The top 10 is not where RBs belong if they are going to go to a team like this Buffalo team. Their careers are short lived because of the nature of the position. A T could play for 15 years at a PB level, a RB one third of that.

What scares me about Spiller is he is a RB whose best attribute is his return abilities, not his RB abilities. People love his pass catching abilities too, and he is a mis match for any LB. But not once has his between the tackles ability been praised...Im not convinced he can carry a full time load, or a complete RB. Once more he wont even be asked to be a complete RB... so now our top 10 RB will be splitting carries with two other guys and cant do it all? Im not too happy with this....

While Spiller is a good player, I dont think he was the right choice for our team. The impact of a top T goes un-noticed to the average fan but it would translate to a better running and passing game. The top 10 is not where RBs belong if they are going to go to a team like this Buffalo team. Their careers are short lived because of the nature of the position. A T could play for 15 years at a PB level, a RB one third of that.

What scares me about Spiller is he is a RB whose best attribute is his return abilities, not his RB abilities. People love his pass catching abilities too, and he is a mis match for any LB. But not once has his between the tackles ability been praised...Im not convinced he can carry a full time load, or a complete RB. Once more he wont even be asked to be a complete RB... so now our top 10 RB will be splitting carries with two other guys and cant do it all? Im not too happy with this....

I was on the tackle train but we need a homerun in the top 10. If the Bills passed on Okung, I would understand your point more. But they had questions about the tackles on the board and given how many fell, there was good reason.

The Bills have severely lacked playmakers. Spiller is as good of a playmaker in this draft. The Vikes had Chester Taylor coming off a 1,200 yard season when they drafted Peterson. You don't pass on impact guys. When Nix was with SD, he started with a top 10 rb (LT) and went from there. Need is very important but if you just draft for need, that's how you get busts.

Is he better than Chris Johnson? because Chris Johnson for all his greatness got the Titians to 8-8, I don't think the Bills had a terrible draft but this is a passing league and you need competence at QB and OL, are the Bills prepared to be competent in those two areas now? well see.

His best atribute is his return abilities? So everyone raved about him because of his return abilities?

Is he better than Chris Johnson? because Chris Johnson for all his greatness got the Titians to 8-8, I don't think the Bills had a terrible draft but this is a passing league and you need competence at QB and OL, are the Bills prepared to be competent in those two areas now? well see.

He had better career #s than Johnson did in college and faced much better competition. http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=192151

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=162658

And if Jeff Fisher would have pulled the plug earlier on Kerry Collins, they would have been in the playoffs.

I only go with throwbacks jerseys because I hate taking risks on unproven guys (I still get a chuckle out of Losman jerseys). But based on everything I read about this guy, I'm jumping full aboard the Spiller train. Great dude who is a great football player. If Gailey has any creativity at all, we jsut drafted the Offensive Rookie of the Year. :thumbsup:

+1

It jsut amazing to me that people who watch the Bills don't realize how badly we need a homerun hitter. This team hasn't be fun to watch. Now we got a guy is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball and people complain because we passed on Bulaga (who I liked but is probably best as a RT) or a guy with attitude issues (Davis).

It jsut amazing to me that people who watch the Bills don't realize how badly we need a homerun hitter. This team hasn't be fun to watch. Now we got a guy is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball and people complain because we passed on Bulaga (who I liked but is probably best as a RT) or a guy with attitude issues (Davis).

Exactly, and we are building for the future. How good could this guy be in 4 years when we have filled many more needs. You can't fix a team like ours in 1 year, but you just can't pass on a play-maker like him because you have other needs.

He had better career #s than Johnson did in college and faced much better competition. http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=192151

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=162658

And if Jeff Fisher would have pulled the plug earlier on Kerry Collins, they would have been in the playoffs.

Can't agree with C. Biscuit enough.....they were a playoff team if Fisher wasn't so damn stubborn......

Holy cr@p. I haven't seen many Clemson games in recent years so I haven't had the full CJ Spiller experience. Let's just say I'm no longer rationalizing this pick. Damn, that kid is fast - and he can play WR and he even threw for a TD! I think Fred and CJ will be a sick combo even with a weak line (just remember, the Packers potentially had an even weaker line - so it ain't only about the line).

WOW ... I am out of breath just watching that vid .... he is an amazing player ... an incredible running back ... a great kick returner ... and a really good passer!!

Too bad that he will be long gone before we get to draft him .... oh wait, he is ours! McCoy was someone no one wanted until late on Friday night ... Claussen ... guess he wasn't a top pick either.

And, those leftover tackles ... they just aren't going to do what CJ will do once he is set loose. We have a coach who believes in going for the jugglar and wearing opponents down ... Spiller and Jackson both know how to find the holes, both can catch the ball, and wow CJ can take it to the end zone each time he finds an opening!

Just maybe ... our passing game will open up more effectively with Spiller than it would have with Davis being on his learning curve ...

Thank goodness we have a coaching and GM team that wants to win (not just play to avoid losing) and they know it starts by running the ball and stopping the run!

GOOD DRAFT!!! :thumbsup:

Buzzwords aside, the Buffalo Bills aren't in a situation to pick "best athlete" or "homerun hitter". See: Detroit Lions, 2003, 2004, 2005. Or: Matt Millen.

The huge difference is those players were receivers. Receiver is the most dependant position in football. You need an oline to give the QB time and then the QB has to give it there. IMO, Evans is stud receiver but suffers because of our oline and QB play.

With Spiller, it is a lot easier to get him the ball. You can hand to him, throw it to him, or have him return kicks. He's a weapon and it's easy to find ways to use him.

I was on the tackle train but we need a homerun in the top 10. If the Bills passed on Okung, I would understand your point more. But they had questions about the tackles on the board and given how many fell, there was good reason.

The Bills have severely lacked playmakers. Spiller is as good of a playmaker in this draft. The Vikes had Chester Taylor coming off a 1,200 yard season when they drafted Peterson. You don't pass on impact guys. When Nix was with SD, he started with a top 10 rb (LT) and went from there. Need is very important but if you just draft for need, that's how you get busts.

I still think Bulaga was worth the pick. He fell but so did Oher. Just because he fell doesnt mean he was not worth the pick. No on would say now the Oher is a reach at 11... I bet we say the same thing about Bulaga next off season. On top of that im sure we could of moved down after seeing all the trades that happened, and still landed Bulaga.

Wang and the other better be able to hold up, or our O aint going anywhere.

The huge difference is those players were receivers. Receiver is the most dependant position in football. You need an oline to give the QB time and then the QB has to give it there. IMO, Evans is stud receiver but suffers because of our oline and QB play.

With Spiller, it is a lot easier to get him the ball. You can hand to him, throw it to him, or have him return kicks. He's a weapon and it's easy to find ways to use him.

So if we draft OL to "give the QB time" it would help Evans, right? And our new draft pick from UConn? And we'd still have Fred Jackson and Marshawn to run the ball right? And we wouldn't have to have them split carries with another RB.

CJ Spiller

At the NFL Scouting Combines, Spiller ran the 40-yard dash in 4.27 seconds. As a sprinter on the Clemson track team, he ran the 100 meters in 10.2 seconds and the 60 meters in 6.58 seconds. He is a rare blend of track speed and football instincts.

He was the Atlantic Coast Conference Player of the Year in 2009 as he rolled up 1,212 yards rushing and 503 yards receiving. He scored 21 touchdowns, including five on kick returns. On one touchdown, a 92-yard kickoff return against Maryland, Spiller lost a shoe and still outran the pursuit in one shoe and one sock.

As a senior, he amassed 2,680 combined yards to set a conference record. He finished his career with 51 touchdowns and 21 were on plays 50 yards or longer. His explosiveness and versatility make Spiller a lock to be drafted in the first round on April 22.

“You have to make a commitment to this guy as a three-phase player,” said NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock. “You have to get him touches as a running back, you have to throw him the ball and you have to use him in the return game. Every time he has the ball in his hands, he has the potential to change a game.”

We haven't had a RB that has world class speed on the team since OJ - who ran track at USC.

If he's not seen by the FO as an every down back - that could be the reason Marshawn is still on the team.

CJ Spiller

At the NFL Scouting Combines, Spiller ran the 40-yard dash in 4.27 seconds. As a sprinter on the Clemson track team, he ran the 100 meters in 10.2 seconds and the 60 meters in 6.58 seconds. He is a rare blend of track speed and football instincts.

He was the Atlantic Coast Conference Player of the Year in 2009 as he rolled up 1,212 yards rushing and 503 yards receiving. He scored 21 touchdowns, including five on kick returns. On one touchdown, a 92-yard kickoff return against Maryland, Spiller lost a shoe and still outran the pursuit in one shoe and one sock.

As a senior, he amassed 2,680 combined yards to set a conference record. He finished his career with 51 touchdowns and 21 were on plays 50 yards or longer. His explosiveness and versatility make Spiller a lock to be drafted in the first round on April 22.

“You have to make a commitment to this guy as a three-phase player,” said NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock. “You have to get him touches as a running back, you have to throw him the ball and you have to use him in the return game. Every time he has the ball in his hands, he has the potential to change a game.”

We haven't had a RB that has world class speed on the team since OJ - who ran track at USC.

If he's not seen by the FO as an every down back - that could be the reason Marshawn is still on the team.

you have it wrong. Jocob ford from CLemson ran the 4.27, Spiller ran a 4.37 I believe.

Hopefully he'll spend his entire rookie season running around in the open field with inspiring music in the background.

You want to see a real play and not just some silly edited highlight video that makes him look great with no tacklers anywhere near him? Check out this play on 3rd/18 with 5:00 left in a game Clemson trails by 3.

Brains and balls

Watch his portly coach running down the sidelines during the play and then jacking him up when Spiller converts the 3rd down. <_<

you have it wrong. Jocob ford from CLemson ran the 4.27, Spiller ran a 4.37 I believe.

There is video somewhere (I don't have time to look it up) where the guys covering the combine (I assume for NFL Network but not sure) showed the 40s run by Spiller. They clocked him unofficially at 4.27 and 4.28. I think his official time there was 4.32

On this nfl prospect page, the best one I found overall, he is listed at 4.27

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospec...w;pageContainer

There is video somewhere (I don't have time to look it up) where the guys covering the combine (I assume for NFL Network but not sure) showed the 40s run by Spiller. They clocked him unofficially at 4.27 and 4.28. I think his official time there was 4.32

On this nfl prospect page, the best one I found overall, he is listed at 4.27

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospec...w;pageContainer

I saw a clip of a Spiller kick return where Ford absolutely blows by him to get in front to make the final block. That kid is obscenely fast.

Guest dog14787

I only go with throwbacks jerseys because I hate taking risks on unproven guys (I still get a chuckle out of Losman jerseys). But based on everything I read about this guy, I'm jumping full aboard the Spiller train. Great dude who is a great football player. If Gailey has any creativity at all, we jsut drafted the Offensive Rookie of the Year. <_<

Great post Biscuit, great highlights,

I'm giddy about this guy and can't wait to see him play in a Bills Uni <_<:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I saw a clip of a Spiller kick return where Ford absolutely blows by him to get in front to make the final block. That kid is obscenely fast.

I saw that too, but there are just as many clips where Spiller is obscenely fast. I think Ford is a little faster as well, and the link I provided above has Ford at 4.22 with Spiller at 4.27. Either way, Jesus Christ. <_<

I only go with throwbacks jerseys because I hate taking risks on unproven guys (I still get a chuckle out of Losman jerseys). But based on everything I read about this guy, I'm jumping full aboard the Spiller train. Great dude who is a great football player. If Gailey has any creativity at all, we jsut drafted the Offensive Rookie of the Year. <_<

Check the signature!

The Spiller pick was all good. Without question we had more pressing needs but Spiller is rare. I think it's difficult to pass up on that ridiculous amount of truly rare speed and talent. Spiller wasn't some late round prospect whose only talent was unofficially timed sub 4.3 speed. Spiller is a great RB, WR and return man first round talent that HAPPENS to have sub 4.3 speed. The pick reminded me of when the Vikings suprised everyone and made me throw something at the TV when they drafted Adrian Peterson in front of us. They already had a good 1000yd RB in Chester Taylor but took him anyway.

The post draft "everything is possible" buzz is catching up with me and my optimism is starting to get out of hand as it always does this time of year but I think Spiller could potentially change the franchise. If he is used and can perform at a Chris Johnson Adrian Peterson kind of level, look out. Hell if he ends up being a healthier Reggie Bush we just made our franchise significantly better.

Works pretty good for the Saints. Now if we can just find Drew Brees ..... *looks under rock*

Buzzwords aside, the Buffalo Bills aren't in a situation to pick "best athlete" or "homerun hitter". See: Detroit Lions, 2003, 2004, 2005. Or: Matt Millen.

See drafting WRs that early.

If this was a number of any other years with a different RB talent pool I would say the CJ pick was dumb. It's all speculation but CJ is nasty. I mean seriously....look at the tape. He litteraly does EVERYTHING AND is world class ridiculous fast.