The *Official* Draft Thread

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying this doesn't somehow alleviate you not stating your actual opinion correctly.

Read my posts and show me where I said any of what you infered from that.

I've never said anything close to that. You're just not reading what I'm saying. Go back through, look at my post history. It'll make sense to you, I promise.

why not?

when was the last time the Bills had a playmaker anywhere close to Spiller?

watch his highlights on youtube and you will understand

I did today, since I was hearing more and more spiller talk. didnt see any Clemson games, so checked him out.

Kids got game, for sure. potential home run threat every time touches the ball. I just hope he can jump, over the D-line coming in!

The two NT projected for round 1 are still available. Bulaga and Saffold are still available. Clausen is still dropping. Someone good at our need positions may drop to our round 2 pick or far enough to trade up.

also charlie brown there too

why not?

when was the last time the Bills had a playmaker anywhere close to Spiller?

watch his highlights on youtube and you will understand

Here is one someone posted in the shoutbox earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA

He definately has wheels and he will always be a threat to take it to the house! It should be exciting to see him play for years to come.

Read my posts and show me where I said any of what you infered from that.

I've never said anything close to that. You're just not reading what I'm saying. Go back through, look at my post history. It'll make sense to you, I promise.

Your statement was a reply indicating that the 'highlights' from Spiller were more important to the poster than winning championships. This means that you felt championships are won in a single offseason and not through building a solid organization with depth since you're advocating taking a player to fill a need. I liked Marv, but his drafting for need didn't work out very well.

So I respectfully disagree with your opinion that drafting for need to fill one need is a good idea. I'd say go for it if there was *one* area that needed improvement. Instead, I think it's wiser to get back to drafting the Best Player Available in the 1st round to avoid the kind of blunders made previously.

However, we simply disagree that this team has enough talent anywhere to draft for needs.

I did today, since I was hearing more and more spiller talk. didnt see any Clemson games, so checked him out.

Kids got game, for sure. potential home run threat every time touches the ball. I just hope he can jump, over the D-line coming in!

Fred Jackson was able to average 4.5 behind this line playing in a joke of an offense last year

and its not like the Bills dont have more picks coming to beef up the line

A running back huh Buddy. Yeah he will probably be a good one, but with all the positions of serious, and I mean serious need, they pick a running back without even trading down. I guess you are Buffalo Bills FO material after all Buddy.

Well at least it wasn' t a defensive back. :thumbsup:

Fred Jackson was able to average 4.5 behind this line playing in a joke of an offense last year

and its not like the Bills dont have more picks coming to beef up the line

saffold, charlie brown, and the Washington sister-bangin dude (not to open a can 'o worms)

A running back huh Buddy. Yeah he will probably be a good one, but with all the positions of serious, and I mean serious need, they pick a running back without even trading down. I guess you are Buffalo Bills FO material after all Buddy.

Well at least it wasn' t a defensive back. :thumbsup:

and who did you want them to take? Davis who a lot of people thought dropped to the second round and say is lazy?

trade down and take the chance of missing the guy they wanted with the Chargers and Texans both wanting a RB

they obviously wanted Spiller or they wouldnt have sent the card in as fast as they did

The way linemen are dropping off there won't be anything left worth taking the next time we pick.

There already might not be much left.

hopefully charles scott (i think? the guy from usc) is still around come the 2nd

Bulaga, Clausen, and Dan Williams now all fall to the 20s...good pick on Spiller, and great to not reach on any of those three needs who are available later if we want to trade up and would have been a reach at #9.