Official NBA Playoffs thread.....

Special K

Lamar Odom is a total enigma to me......when he plays well we are virtually unbeatable because we are going to get solid to great play out of Pao and Kobe.........

But every so often he will do this @hit......and Phil wont pull him when he does it.

Some of the foul calls on Bynum were bogus.......you cant have a power forward throwing himself into another big and be getting calls like that to put your bigs on the bench.....its the playoffs let them play for christ sake.

It is the curse of being an "big man" who is not a superstar. Celtics Kendrick Perkins normally finishes every game with 5 or 6 fouls...most are of the "what was the call?" variety. Even when he makes a great defensive play, there are alway seems to be some phantom contact call with it.

Odom is far more consistent this year, it seems to me, than he has been in the past. I only got to see the first half of last nights game...what can Phil do, if Odom has a bad game? You can't really bench him...that is a slippery slope...you just let him play, and hope he can get through it.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the foul calls on Bynum were bogus.......you cant have a power forward throwing himself into another big and be getting calls like that to put your bigs on the bench.....its the playoffs let them play for christ sake.

Laker fans complaining about fouls against them kills me every time. That's good stuff. :worthy::devil::lol:

Great game by the Magic tonight...more of what I was expecting in game 2. Celtics looked tired, and played mindless down the stretch. Don't know what they were thinking on the last possession of regulation, not calling a timeout. I can honestly say, I had almost forgotten how great Dwight Howard can be...he was terrific tonight. Game 5 should be a barn burner...

Great game by the Magic tonight...more of what I was expecting in game 2. Celtics looked tired, and played mindless down the stretch. Don't know what they were thinking on the last possession of regulation, not calling a timeout. I can honestly say, I had almost forgotten how great Dwight Howard can be...he was terrific tonight. Game 5 should be a barn burner...

Finally, a game worth watching...

I still wasn't impressed with the way Stan handled the line-up tonight, but I was glad to see Bass get more minutes.

Here's to hoping Game 5 will bring the same intensity from both teams! :devil:

(I'm looking at you, Vince :worthy: )

Finally, a game worth watching...

I still wasn't impressed with the way Stan handled the line-up tonight, but I was glad to see Bass get more minutes.

Here's to hoping Game 5 will bring the same intensity from both teams! :devil:

(I'm looking at you, Vince :worthy: )

That's Wince Carter. He is a giant turd. He was just yukking it up on the bench during crunch time too. He used to be my favorite player and then I lost all respect for him after he quit on the Raptors. Personally if I was the coach, I'd bury him on the bench.

Tex, you said in an earlier post that you were happy the games would be every other day from this point on, and I think you should re-consider that position. I was actually ticked that the Celts were getting so much time in between games(2 days before game 1, 2 before game 2, 3 before game 3)

To me that is one of the few advantages the Magic have for the rest of the series--the Celts vets looked rather tired especially in the 4th and overtime.

Vince Carter continues to be worthless, and I was thrilled to see him pulled in crunch time--his defensive deficiencies are maddening, and his shot selection blows. JJ Redick got 33 minutes tonight and he should get 33 more on Wednesday.

One Boston team has blown a 3-0 series lead this year--let's make it two!!!(honestly, I'm just happy to not get swept!!)

Tex, you said in an earlier post that you were happy the games would be every other day from this point on, and I think you should re-consider that position. I was actually ticked that the Celts were getting so much time in between games(2 days before game 1, 2 before game 2, 3 before game 3)

To me that is one of the few advantages the Magic have for the rest of the series--the Celts vets looked rather tired especially in the 4th and overtime.

Vince Carter continues to be worthless, and I was thrilled to see him pulled in crunch time--his defensive deficiencies are maddening, and his shot selection blows. JJ Redick got 33 minutes tonight and he should get 33 more on Wednesday.

One Boston team has blown a 3-0 series lead this year--let's make it two!!!(honestly, I'm just happy to not get swept!!)

You may be right, but tonights game was the first, in my mind, where the Celtics looked like the older, tired, team. I wasn't displeased with their effort though, and I was actually impressed, to a degree, that they never let the Magic, who were obviously a very determined team tonight, run away with the game. To me, it really came down to that final 14 seconds or so, where the Celtics just looked tired and confused. I kind of blame Doc, for not calling a timeout. Pierce was looking very gassed the final five or six minutes, and was airballing all of his shots...Allen was the only one who looked to have anything left...but, as Doc Rivers said after the game, the one thing that has been maddening, about coaching this team for him, "they

just can't seem to stand prosperity, they make everything hard on themselves".

I don't see this team (Celtics) collapsing and letting the Magic tie the series up, but it could go back to Boston for game six. The Magic found their pulse. They managed to find their 3 point shot (JJ was huge for them)...my experience with teams that rely on the outside shot is that they eventually hit a dry spell...Howard has to play like he did tonight, if the Magic has any hope of evening this thing up.

I don't see this team (Celtics) collapsing and letting the Magic tie the series up, but it could go back to Boston for game six. The Magic found their pulse. They managed to find their 3 point shot (JJ was huge for them)...my experience with teams that rely on the outside shot is that they eventually hit a dry spell...Howard has to play like he did tonight, if the Magic has any hope of evening this thing up.

I'm looking foward to see what happens tonight.

The local paper was really harsh on Vince Carter, so we will see if all the criticism can motivate him to actually show up tonight--but I'm not holding my breath.

If the Magic win tonight, it will more likely be in spite of Carter rather than because of Carter.

Tonight we will see if the Celts have hit the wall, and if the long layoff in between games was a factor in their game 1-3 success. (A Magic fan can hope, can't he??)

Here's to a great game!! 0:):w00t:

I'm looking foward to see what happens tonight.

The local paper was really harsh on Vince Carter, so we will see if all the criticism can motivate him to actually show up tonight--but I'm not holding my breath.

If the Magic win tonight, it will more likely be in spite of Carter rather than because of Carter.

Tonight we will see if the Celts have hit the wall, and if the long layoff in between games was a factor in their game 1-3 success. (A Magic fan can hope, can't he??)

Here's to a great game!! 0:):w00t:

:beer:

I am pretty amped! The fact that the Lakers lost last night, takes a little of the sting out of the game 4 loss by the Celtics, for me. I just have to keep reminding myself, the Magic played their game, but the Celtics still had a chance to win in the final seconds. I am a little worried, now, about the fatigue factor...but I have to believe the Magic can't beat the Celtics 4 times in a row.

As much as you say the time between games was an advantage to the Celtics, I think the short break the C's had after the Cavs' series, compared to the week the Magic had, really was an advantage for the Celtics. So, it can go both ways... but yeah, I wouldn't mind another night off, right about now. Rondo and Garnett are, reportedly, both gimpy. Rondo has to dominate, or at least match, Nelson...and the bigs gotta frustrate Howard.

In truth the Celtics really should not be losing to this Orlando team at all......they make Sooooo many mistakes out there.

Celtics will take it......then they will have to wait because the lakers/suns are going 7 games

Uhh...refs are really giving Orlando a huge advantage...ejecting Perkins was total bs! Howard will be allowed to do anything he wants the rest of the game, tonight. 0:)

Tough first half...

Celtics-Lakers IS basketball... don't like the direction these series are going now at all.

Magic-Suns ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Care to explain, or is that just based on "history"?

Many knowledgeable fans think the Magic and Suns are 2 of the most exciting teams to watch in the NBA.

I'd love to hear your comparisons to these two different possibilities in regards to the finals.

Props to Orlando...I think the officiating was a little rough, and I am starting to gain a real hate for Gortot...but, the truth is, the Magic played great tonight. I was impressed by their level of energy, throughout. They had one little lull, before half-time, and then again, in the third quarter...the Celtics were too beat up/in foul trouble to make a move. Celtics look like the tired, broken down team that everyone assumed they would be at the end of the regular season. If Perkins is suspended a game, for those two bs technicals, and Davis (concussion) or Wallace (back) miss game 6, the Celtics are screwed.

Anyways, at the begining of the series, I thought the Celtics would win in 6...they still are on pace, but it sure feels a lot different being up 3-0, instead of 3-2. I am hoping for the weak Howard to show up Friday....

Props to Orlando...I think the officiating was a little rough, and I am starting to gain a real hate for Gortot...but, the truth is, the Magic played great tonight. I was impressed by their level of energy, throughout. They had one little lull, before half-time, and then again, in the third quarter...the Celtics were too beat up/in foul trouble to make a move. Celtics look like the tired, broken down team that everyone assumed they would be at the end of the regular season. If Perkins is suspended a game, for those two bs technicals, and Davis (concussion) or Wallace (back) miss game 6, the Celtics are screwed.

Anyways, at the begining of the series, I thought the Celtics would win in 6...they still are on pace, but it sure feels a lot different being up 3-0, instead of 3-2. I am hoping for the weak Howard to show up Friday....

Halfway there, but definitely not living on a prayer!!! :angry::P

The tide of this series is turning--the every other day theory I proposed looks to be proving true!!

The old vets looked tired and slow, and many of the bench players ended up injured.

The Magic are getting much better looks now than they did early in the seris, and the 3's are falling.

Perkins is a whiny little b**ch who complains about every call like he's a superstar--I'm glad to see all that whining finally caught up to him(however, I'm sure the league will rescind one of them so he isn't suspended for game 6). Someone let him know he's not a superstar, he just lucked into playing with a few.

All in all, I am happy with the direction this series is headed, and I'm glad the Magic aren't force-feeding the ball to Carter anymore--he's definitely a bit player in the team's success at this point.

Tex--you can't hate on the "Polish hammer" like that!! he's just taking his cue from the Celts..you've got to match the toughness your guys bring.

The Celts are facing a must-win on Friday as well, because if this thing goes 7, history will be made on Sunday!!

GO MAGIC!!!! :P:beer::beer:

Halfway there, but definitely not living on a prayer!!! :angry::P

The tide of this series is turning--the every other day theory I proposed looks to be proving true!!

The old vets looked tired and slow, and many of the bench players ended up injured.

The Magic are getting much better looks now than they did early in the seris, and the 3's are falling.

Perkins is a whiny little b**ch who complains about every call like he's a superstar--I'm glad to see all that whining finally caught up to him(however, I'm sure the league will rescind one of them so he isn't suspended for game 6). Someone let him know he's not a superstar, he just lucked into playing with a few.

All in all, I am happy with the direction this series is headed, and I'm glad the Magic aren't force-feeding the ball to Carter anymore--he's definitely a bit player in the team's success at this point.

Tex--you can't hate on the "Polish hammer" like that!! he's just taking his cue from the Celts..you've got to match the toughness your guys bring.

The Celts are facing a must-win on Friday as well, because if this thing goes 7, history will be made on Sunday!!

GO MAGIC!!!! :P:beer::beer:

Acutually, Gortot and Howard are both kind of unlikeable, in the sense that they are cheap-shot artists, who try to act innocent...at least when KG throws an elbow, he doesn't try to act like he didn't do it on purpose. He does it to make a point...Gortot and Howard are weasels. You would think of after all these years of being an "MVP", Howard would have caught on that all he has to do is show up, and everything will go his way, with the officials.

As for Perkins, he isn't a superstar, but if the game was being called the way it should be, he wouldn't be in foul trouble night in night out. I don't think I have ever seen a single player get more non-sense calls thrown at him than Perkins. As long as he was getting ejected, I wish he would have thrown one of those sharp elbows back at "Superboy" and wipe that smug, self-loving smerk off his face... you honestly think that either of those technicals on Perkins were legit?

All that aside, the Magic have taken the momentum in this series, their depth is something Boston can't match. I agree, if the Celtics don't find something Friday night, it is over...but that is a big "if". Should be a hell of a game Friday.

Care to explain, or is that just based on "history"?

Many knowledgeable fans think the Magic and Suns are 2 of the most exciting teams to watch in the NBA.

I'd love to hear your comparisons to these two different possibilities in regards to the finals.

I know you didn't ask me, but, the Suns will not win a championship...they would get destroyed by either the Magic or Celtics.

I also happen to think, although the Magic may be a better team than the Celtics, depth wise, a healthy Celtics team would stand a better chance of beating the Lakers in the finals, than would the Magic. I hate the Magic, at this moment (sorry, tonights game has me seething, normally I like Orlando), but I would root like hell for them to beat the Lakers...I just don't see it happening. The Suns are not versatile enough, IMO, to challenge anybody. They are giving the Lakers a tough time at the moment, but the Lakers will prevail.

Acutually, Gortot and Howard are both kind of unlikeable, in the sense that they are cheap-shot artists, who try to act innocent...at least when KG throws an elbow, he doesn't try to act like he didn't do it on purpose. He does it to make a point...Gortot and Howard are weasels. You would think of after all these years of being an "MVP", Howard would have caught on that all he has to do is show up, and everything will go his way, with the officials.

As for Perkins, he isn't a superstar, but if the game was being called the way it should be, he wouldn't be in foul trouble night in night out. I don't think I have ever seen a single player get more non-sense calls thrown at him than Perkins. As long as he was getting ejected, I wish he would have thrown one of those sharp elbows back at "Superboy" and wipe that smug, self-loving smerk off his face... you honestly think that either of those technicals on Perkins were legit?

All that aside, the Magic have taken the momentum in this series, their depth is something Boston can't match. I agree, if the Celtics don't find something Friday night, it is over...but that is a big "if". Should be a hell of a game Friday.

Howard and Perkins are both children. Howard has amazingly managed to squander a good deal of his "superstar goodwill" by throwing his little mini-tantrums and leading the lead in eye-rolling. If he would just grow up and keep his mouth shut, officials would cut him more slack and he could dominate even more.

Perkins is just as Special K described him...spoiled and whiny. He get's unfairly tagged a lot, but that's the way it goes for run-of-the-mill big men. However, BOTH technicals were BS, and the league should rescind them. This whole "double-tech" craze the NBA is entangled in is a joke, and even worse in the playoffs. Perk should never have been whistled, but with the second one, that's the risk you run when you whine about everything relentlessly.

Basically, talking back to the refs is part of the game, but there are two ways to approach it; like a man or like a child. Jordan, Kobe, Wade, Ray Allen...even LeBron...all have had their share of techs for jawing too much (some more than others). But right or wrong, they come at the refs with authority. Guys like Howard and sadly one of my favorites, Allen Iverson for some reason choose the whiny route. Refs are human...who do you think is going to get the better treatment?