Official NBA Playoffs thread.....

Special K

Man Howard could not make a 5 ft shot the WHOLE game with single coverage.

What really hurt was the 5-6 times he was fouled and couldn't complete the layup for the "and 1" 3 point play.

A lot of open shots and easy shots just were not falling for the Magic in that game--I just don't see that trend carrying on to game 2.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really hurt was the 5-6 times he was fouled and couldn't complete the layup for the "and 1" 3 point play.

A lot of open shots and easy shots just were not falling for the Magic in that game--I just don't see that trend carrying on to game 2.

What is scary, if you are fan of great shooting teams, like Orlando, sometimes trends do continue...particularly against strong defensive teams. For a while there, I sort of adopted the Pacers as one of my teams...they would shoot the ball, lights out, and then get to certain series, where they couldn't make the shots they had been making all year, simply because their opponent was taking them out of their game. Howard really has to pick things up, offensively, I think, for Orlando to win this series. I have no doubt the Magic will run away with a game or two in this series, but I can see the Celtics frustrating them too. This was just one game...so no reason to panic yet. Stealing the first game of the series, IMO, for the Celtics, was kind of predictable... Orlando can take solace in that they beat the C's last season, after falling behind, in the playoffs. But, I think this Celtics team is playing a lot better than last year's team. Can't wait for part 2, tomorrow night!

And tonight we will see if Phil has done anything about the lakeshow's problems with running people off the three point line and matching up in transition......

The lakers are flat out beat to @hit....Kobe had a huge amount of fluid taken out of his knee over the break to go along with his other multitude of injuries, Bynum is playing with torn meniscous in his knee......and our guards vs their guards is a joke of matchup.......

I personally think we are in trouble.....We needed to be healthy at this point in the season and we are not.......

And tonight we will see if Phil has done anything about the lakeshow's problems with running people off the three point line and matching up in transition......

The lakers are flat out beat to @hit....Kobe had a huge amount of fluid taken out of his knee over the break to go along with his other multitude of injuries, Bynum is playing with torn meniscous in his knee......and our guards vs their guards is a joke of matchup.......

I personally think we are in trouble.....We needed to be healthy at this point in the season and we are not.......

Lakers in 5!

Sometimes I am so glad i dont know everything!

... Orlando can take solace in that they beat the C's last season, after falling behind, in the playoffs. But, I think this Celtics team is playing a lot better than last year's team. Can't wait for part 2, tomorrow night!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think JJ Redick needs more minutes guarding Ray Allen. He was great against Allen in the series last year...I was suprised Stan Van didn't go to him earlier.

I don't get having Barnes guard Allen instead of Pierce, especially due to the fact that Barnes looked limited because of his sore back--it's really a shame his back is giving him trouble since he is the Magic's best on the ball defender. Why have him running all over the place chasing Allen around??

I do like the Gortat/Howard lineup when Rashard Lewis is on the bench---on the defensive side of the floor, but it does limit them offensively.

If the Celts are going to gaurd Howard like that, I think the Magic have to use the drive and kick out ability of Nelson and Carter to get into their 3-point shooting game, instead of the dump it in to Howard and pass out of the double team approach(since there will be no double team.)

As you said, game 1 was the most likely game the Magic could lose.....so I think game 2 will be more indicative of the direction of this series...can't wait to see what happens!!! :bag:

Stan Van Gundy is a good coach, he will make some adjustments we will see how different the Magic play in the second game.

Lewis has to play better for the Magic, they need Carter to act like he did in Toronto but does he still have that in him?

The Lakers looked very good tonight...peaking at the right time...did Kobe miss a shot in the third quarter?

Suns fans are convinced the lakers played their best game......

Bynum did pretty much nothing in that game......so still room for improvement....the x factor was Lamar Odom actually showing up and deciding to play.....

Congrats to the Celtics for dismantling my Magic in these two games :thumbsup:

Even if the Magic somehow found a way to win that game, I would not have been confident in their chances for the series.

The Celts D is just clicking on all cylinders right now.

Those old coots are playing like they are 25 again.

The only enjoyable moment for me was watching that "actress" Paul Pierce laying on the ground after Howard's playoff-caliber foul.

Rashard Lewis is a ghost--props to the Celts for making stopping Lewis the number 1 priority.

If it does end up being Lakers/Celtics, I won't plan on watching very much of that series--it would be like watching a Patriots/Cowboys Super Bowl :devil::sick:

Congrats to the Celtics for dismantling my Magic in these two games :thumbsup:

Even if the Magic somehow found a way to win that game, I would not have been confident in their chances for the series.

The Celts D is just clicking on all cylinders right now.

Those old coots are playing like they are 25 again.

The only enjoyable moment for me was watching that "actress" Paul Pierce laying on the ground after Howard's playoff-caliber foul.

Rashard Lewis is a ghost--props to the Celts for making stopping Lewis the number 1 priority.

If it does end up being Lakers/Celtics, I won't plan on watching very much of that series--it would be like watching a Patriots/Cowboys Super Bowl :devil::sick:

I feel your pain, K, I really do. I always feel like I have to apologize for being a Celtics fan (most everyone hates them!), but the Magic have been such a great team to watch.

It seems like everyone has been tripping over themselves trying to make excuses for why the Celtics are winning...but, two huge differences between last year, and this year. The most obvious, Kevin Garnett is playing...second...Rajon Rondo is getting better at a phenominal rate. His game tonight was another masterpiece. Last season, he had most of the moves, but couldn't finish. I give him credit, he has learned to finish...I don't know if I have seen a smarter basketball player in recent times, besides Kobe.

I don't expect the Magic to be swept (Pierce foolishly promised it after tonights game), but as deep as they are, they just don't seem to match up well with the Celtics. I really think Carter has to become a bigger factor, he is used to playing the kind of basketball the Celtics excel at.

I feel your pain, K, I really do. I always feel like I have to apologize for being a Celtics fan (most everyone hates them!), but the Magic have been such a great team to watch.

It seems like everyone has been tripping over themselves trying to make excuses for why the Celtics are winning...but, two huge differences between last year, and this year. The most obvious, Kevin Garnett is playing...second...Rajon Rondo is getting better at a phenominal rate. His game tonight was another masterpiece. Last season, he had most of the moves, but couldn't finish. I give him credit, he has learned to finish...I don't know if I have seen a smarter basketball player in recent times, besides Kobe.

I don't expect the Magic to be swept (Pierce foolishly promised it after tonights game), but as deep as they are, they just don't seem to match up well with the Celtics. I really think Carter has to become a bigger factor, he is used to playing the kind of basketball the Celtics excel at.

I have to be honest; it would not surprise me one bit to see Orlando take the next two, what with the way the Celts have played at home this year.

Since we're being honest, though, it wouldn't surprise me to see Boston close it out at home with the next two either... :thumbsup:

I don't like what Stan is doing in this series, that's for sure. I think he's trying to over-coach a little.

Here's hoping they can at least make it a series.... :devil:

I have to be honest; it would not surprise me one bit to see Orlando take the next two, what with the way the Celts have played at home this year.

Since we're being honest, though, it wouldn't surprise me to see Boston close it out at home with the next two either... :thumbsup:

I don't like what Stan is doing in this series, that's for sure. I think he's trying to over-coach a little.

Here's hoping they can at least make it a series.... :devil:

I hate to say it, but I completely agree. He is a little tightly wound. I may be nuts, but I thought I saw a little bit of a "STFU"

look on his players faces, on the sidelines...Carter in particular.

I won't say I am shocked that the Celtics won tonight, but I honestly thought the Magic would take this game. I wouldn't have been too upset by a close loss. I think, with three days to prepare, that Magic will take at least one game in Boston. As you said, the Celtics haven't played as well at home this year. Of course, when this playoff started, I would have laughed in your face if you told me the Celtics would be in the position they are in now...they really are a different team than they were the second half of the regular season.

I hate to say it, but I completely agree. He is a little tightly wound. I may be nuts, but I thought I saw a little bit of a "STFU"

I won't say I am shocked that the Celtics won tonight, but I honestly thought the Magic would take this game. I wouldn't have been too upset by a close loss. I think, with three days to prepare, that Magic will take at least one game in Boston. As you said, the Celtics haven't played as well at home this year. Of course, when this playoff started, I would have laughed in your face if you told me the Celtics would be in the position they are in now...they really are a different team than they were the second half of the regular season.

Playoffs will do that to guys who know how to "act like you've been there before".

Imagine how much money you could have made betting on the pre-ordained outcomes once they had been revealed.

I realize it isn't as much fun as analyzing the looks on players faces when they're talking to Stan Van Gundy as if it were all legitimate, but still, it is $$$$$$$.

At this point there is probably not much money left to be made, unless you can figure out next years heartstring tugging winner early.

Imagine how much money you could have made betting on the pre-ordained outcomes once they had been revealed.

I realize it isn't as much fun as analyzing the looks on players faces when they're talking to Stan Van Gundy as if it were all legitimate, but still, it is $$$$$$$.

At this point there is probably not much money left to be made, unless you can figure out next years heartstring tugging winner early.

Just curious, have you put any money on any of this? You seem to know exactly what will happen...the Cavs were heavily favored to beat the Celtics, as are/were the Magic. Go for it...according to your scenario, the Lakers should beat the Celtics in the finals? Or, is that the series you said the NBA would let be "legitimate"...so there is still hope for the C's?

Just curious, have you put any money on any of this? You seem to know exactly what will happen...the Cavs were heavily favored to beat the Celtics, as are/were the Magic. Go for it...according to your scenario, the Lakers should beat the Celtics in the finals? Or, is that the series you said the NBA would let be "legitimate"...so there is still hope for the C's?

The Finals will be a legitimate series but is VERY likely to go 7. If that makes you think games 5 & 6 could contain a little funny business then so be it.

If I somehow needed money I would have bet on all of this. As it is, I'd rather enjoy the chuckles from watching people analyze the series and goe through x's and o's. It is funny.