Official NBA Playoffs thread.....

Special K

The NBA playoffs are upon us, and there are a lot of interesting first round matchups this year.

Lakers/Thunder, Spurs/Mavs, Celts vs. D-Wade come to mind.

Being a Magic fan, I am looking foward to a Cavs/Magic conference finals, but the Bobcats should give the Magic a tough first round series.

Here's to a great playoffs :angry:

and GO MAGIC!!!!! :beer:

Going to today's Magic-Bobcats game. Right behind the Magic bench. Should be a good one, considering it's the Bobcats' first playoff game. I still see the Magic advancing fairly easily.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are looking old and tired......

We knew that Derek Fisher was passed it....but in the past he always found his stroke in the playoffs from 3 to make up for his lack of defense......it isn't happening this year.....

Kobe and Pao Gasol have played too many games this year when you combine winning the championship then playing in the offseason......

We look old and tired

We are looking old and tired......

We knew that Derek Fisher was passed it....but in the past he always found his stroke in the playoffs from 3 to make up for his lack of defense......it isn't happening this year.....

Kobe and Pao Gasol have played too many games this year when you combine winning the championship then playing in the offseason......

We look old and tired

I still like them to win it all, but, you know, for the first time, the last two games, Kobe is still a great player, but he doesn't look like Kobe of old...Durant did a great job on him... you are right, the Lakers have played a lot of basketball tthe last 4 years or so... the Spurs are looking surprisingly energized...the West should be very interesting...

I still like them to win it all, but, you know, for the first time, the last two games, Kobe is still a great player, but he doesn't look like Kobe of old...Durant did a great job on him... you are right, the Lakers have played a lot of basketball tthe last 4 years or so... the Spurs are looking surprisingly energized...the West should be very interesting...

We will not beat the Cavs playing like this.....we may not get out of this series playing like this.

The problem is Phil Jackson's loyalty to players that will run his system. What we should have done is upgraded our point guard position at the trade deadline. None of the players we have on our team currently are the answer.

We should be killing teams in the paint with our size but our guards throw such poor entry passes that it isnt in a good rythum

And then there is Kobe.....who is just missing shots he normally does not miss.....and cannot get to the free throw line to save his life.

Going to today's Magic-Bobcats game. Right behind the Magic bench. Should be a good one, considering it's the Bobcats' first playoff game. I still see the Magic advancing fairly easily.

Congrats to the Magic.....only team to sweep round 1!! :lol:

Despite some of the most horrific officiating on Dwight Howard I've ever seen, the Magic kept their composure and closed 'em out. He played less than 30 minutes per game and fouled out twice, but they still swept.

I've never seen a superstar player be charged with such ticky-tack fouls...if Lebron or Kobe were treated that way, people would be up in arms.

Luckily, the Magic have arguably the best backup center in the league in Marcin "the Polish Hammer" Gortat, and they needed him in this series.

Get some rest boys, and on to round 2!!!!!! :lol:

Despite some of the most horrific officiating on Dwight Howard I've ever seen, the Magic kept their composure and closed 'em out. He played less than 30 minutes per game and fouled out twice, but they still swept.

I've never seen a superstar player be charged with such ticky-tack fouls...if Lebron or Kobe were treated that way, people would be up in arms.

Every foul he was called on -- literally every foul -- caught him by surprise. According to Dwight Howard, he has never fouled anybody.

I wouldn't sleep on the Mavericks...I believe they were the NBA's best team in the second half of the season.

Safe to sleep now...the taffy assed Mavs, and their dickhead owner can go home now...god I hate that team!

Dang it.....I was really hoping Milwaukee would close it out tonight, oh well.

I'm really not that concerned with either ATL or MIL in the next round for the Magic, but the Bucks would have match-up problems all over the court vs Orlando.

Did Phil's whining finally backfire on him?

Good game tonight...this OKC team is tough...

IF they had any kind of size at all OKC is going to be scary very scary

But I still contend that the foul calling and free throw disparity was ridiculous.......I have never seen a player get ref protection like Kevin Durant....he is a talent but he literally lives at the free throw line.

IF they had any kind of size at all OKC is going to be scary very scary

But I still contend that the foul calling and free throw disparity was ridiculous.......I have never seen a player get ref protection like Kevin Durant....he is a talent but he literally lives at the free throw line.

Did you ever get a chance to watch Michael Jordan play in the 1990's?

Did you ever get a chance to watch Michael Jordan play in the 1990's?

That has been going on for decades. it wasn't just Jordan, or Kobe... how many times have you heard NBA coaches talking before a game, saying that his team needs to get to the foul line more...or bemoan the fact that they didn't get there enough...IMO, if there is one big problem with the NBA (and there are others), as much as I enjoy it, foul shots play too big a part of most games...to make it even more maddening, there are so many poor free-throw shooters in the league right now...