Official NBA Playoffs thread.....

Special K

The NBA playoffs are upon us, and there are a lot of interesting first round matchups this year.

Lakers/Thunder, Spurs/Mavs, Celts vs. D-Wade come to mind.

Being a Magic fan, I am looking foward to a Cavs/Magic conference finals, but the Bobcats should give the Magic a tough first round series.

Here's to a great playoffs :blush:

and GO MAGIC!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only Bobcats fan on the board?

After a miserable existence as a franchise, they finally scratched and clawed their way to the playoffs. The Cats aren't an offensively talented team, but seem to have a way of beating elite teams. They're 3-1 against the Cavaliers this season, and they've won 6 out of their last 7 against the Lakers.

The smart money is on the Magic to win this 2-7 matchup, but don't be shocked if the Bobcats force a game 7 (they're GREAT at home) or even win the series.

QUOTE (SageAgainstTheMachine @ Apr 15 2010, 04:57 PM)

I wouldn't sleep on the Mavericks...I believe they were the NBA's best team in the second half of the season.

That would actually be the Magic if I'm not mistaken...

Yep...the Magic ended the regular season 20-3, including a win over the Mavs.

Im nervous frankly.....my lakers are not playing well at all

I will be shocked if the Lakers are not in the finals...

Now, my guys, the Celtics, almost looked like the championship C's from two years ago, last night...great defense...but it was only against the Heat... I expect them to win this series, but anything beyond that would be a miracle...best of luck to everyone with a horse in this race...since I am resigned to the fact that the Lakers will be there (Dallas will not make it to the finals), I am kind of hoping for a Lakers/Magic rematch. Magic are an interesting team. They have a great jump shooting team, even without the Turk, and now they have a little bit of an inside game too...

Im nervous frankly.....my lakers are not playing well at all

I think that was mostly because Bynum wasn't in the lineup. They played like a different team on both ends of the floor this afternoon with him out there. Not a bad game 1, but they need to find some way to control Russell Westbrook. That kid killed them the whole game, what a talent. Way too quick for Fisher to guard off the dribble.

I will be shocked if the Lakers are not in the finals...

Now, my guys, the Celtics, almost looked like the championship C's from two years ago, last night...great defense...but it was only against the Heat... I expect them to win this series, but anything beyond that would be a miracle...best of luck to everyone with a horse in this race...since I am resigned to the fact that the Lakers will be there (Dallas will not make it to the finals), I am kind of hoping for a Lakers/Magic rematch. Magic are an interesting team. They have a great jump shooting team, even without the Turk, and now they have a little bit of an inside game too...

The Lakers are really lucking out. Teams in the West keep losing players. The Blazers had a ton of injuries this year, had a good season despite it and lose Roy. The Jazz would have been a very tough out and lose AK 47 and Okur. It's insane.

Either way, I'm more excited about the NBA and NHL playoffs than I have been in a long time. A lot of quality young players and teams.

The Celtics handled Miami pretty easily tonight...two huge runs in the second and third quarters....I hadn't seen the Heat play very much this year, but, they are not a very good team...how they won 12 of their last 13 games is beyond me...they have nothing beyond D-Wade, admittedly, a great player...kind of feel sorry for him. That said, I won't be surprised if the Heat get a pride victory at home, but the Celtics win in 5... I don't like the C's chances against Orlando, in the next round, but, you never know...

Well the Magic have taken care of business so far, but there were times in each game where they looked a little shaky.

It wouldn't shock me if Charlotte won one of their two home games, but Magic in 5 and on to the semifinals!! :thumbsup: