Official NBA Playoffs thread.....

Special K

That has been going on for decades. it wasn't just Jordan, or Kobe... how many times have you heard NBA coaches talking before a game, saying that his team needs to get to the foul line more...or bemoan the fact that they didn't get there enough...IMO, if there is one big problem with the NBA (and there are others), as much as I enjoy it, foul shots play too big a part of most games...to make it even more maddening, there are so many poor free-throw shooters in the league right now...
No one more than Jordan though... but it wasn't always that way. I used to love watching Mahorn & Laimbeer from the great Pistons teams of the late 80's beat the living crap out of him & treat him like the dirty dog that he is. Then "The Jordan Rules" book came out, and everything changed for the worst. :rolleyes:

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one more than Jordan though... but it wasn't always that way. I used to love watching Mahorn & Laimbeer from the great Pistons teams of the late 80's beat the living crap out of him & treat him like the dirty dog that he is. Then "The Jordan Rules" book came out, and everything changed for the worst. :D

Eh...maybe...King James got some nice calls/no-calls down the stretch of tonights game against the Celtics...just part of the game...

Did you ever get a chance to watch Dwayne Wade throw himself into 3 defenders out of desperation and get bailed out with 8 billion Free Throws?

This was more recent. And more disgusting (Games 3 and 5 of that series) than any Jordan game I ever saw.

Celtics in 6 over the Cavs....

:beer: another please!

Congrats, Buftex!!

I knew your boys would make that a tough series.

As much as Cleveland is hyped, they are a one man team with a buch of over-the-hillers and softee's.

If Boston can't do the deed, I'm confident Orlando will take 'em out again!! :)

Congrats, Buftex!!

As much as Cleveland is hyped, they are a one man team with a buch of over-the-hillers and softee's.

I dunno man, the Hawks are learning how to play team D....they already have some explosive players who can score, so if they can learn to shut down opponents and create more takeaways, they may give Orlando a run....especially since Orlando is apparently WAY overconfident and cocky about this series.

Congrats, Buftex!!

Despite the little lapse in the 4th qtr, I really like the way the Celtics are playing the Cavs. Boston certainly lucked out, a little, because Lebron had a very bad game, especially by his standards. But, I think, as you suggest, this exposes, really, how much of one man team Cleveland has. Next games isn't until Friday, so I am sure James will be rested, and back on his game...

The Celtics have really amped it up defensively, and, despite two consecutive games of having to play against the Cavs and the officials, have really held their own. The refs gave Cleveland every opportunity to win, and comeback in this game, but the Celtics stood strong. I like that Rondo is running the show. I must admit, I really underestimated how good this kid could be, and, he doesn't lose his head, in the crunch. I have seen about half the Celtics games this season, and this has to be the first time I have seen Rasheed Wallace contribute, anything, in a Celtics uniform. He looked great...like he was engaged in the game of basketball for once...if they can keep him from his slumber, I like their chances of making it past the Cavs...

Despite the little lapse in the 4th qtr, I really like the way the Celtics are playing the Cavs. Boston certainly lucked out, a little, because Lebron had a very bad game, especially by his standards. But, I think, as you suggest, this exposes, really, how much of one man team Cleveland has. Next games isn't until Friday, so I am sure James will be rested, and back on his game...

The Celtics have really amped it up defensively, and, despite two consecutive games of having to play against the Cavs and the officials, have really held their own. The refs gave Cleveland every opportunity to win, and comeback in this game, but the Celtics stood strong. I like that Rondo is running the show. I must admit, I really underestimated how good this kid could be, and, he doesn't lose his head, in the crunch. I have seen about half the Celtics games this season, and this has to be the first time I have seen Rasheed Wallace contribute, anything, in a Celtics uniform. He looked great...like he was engaged in the game of basketball for once...if they can keep him from his slumber, I like their chances of making it past the Cavs...

Rondo is quickly becoming one of the more exciting players in the League to watch. He's incredible.

Dare I say; As Rasheed goes, so do the Celtics???

BTW, I'd love a Magic-Celtics ECF. Their series last year was awesome. Got to go to a game. Ya, it was the one Baby hit his game-winning shot. I'll always remember it as being the loudest and quietest place at one time. After that shot, you could've heard a mouse fart in that building! Except for the 2 Celtics fans sitting next to us. They had nothing to say all game until that shot. Then, they wouldn't shut up all the way to the parking garage!! Nice guys, though.

Rondo is quickly becoming one of the more exciting players in the League to watch. He's incredible.

Dare I say; As Rasheed goes, so do the Celtics???

BTW, I'd love a Magic-Celtics ECF. Their series last year was awesome. Got to go to a game. Ya, it was the one Baby hit his game-winning shot. I'll always remember it as being the loudest and quietest place at one time. After that shot, you could've heard a mouse fart in that building! Except for the 2 Celtics fans sitting next to us. They had nothing to say all game until that shot. Then, they wouldn't shut up all the way to the parking garage!! Nice guys, though.

Rondo is awesome, always liked Doc Rivers & Ray Allen, and Pierce is a warrior. Too bad Garnett is such a B word.

Rajon has been the best/2nd best player on that team for over a year now.

billscursed got it right above...'Sheed is the barometer. Since he refuses to guard anyone or enter the paint for a rebound, it's going to take a few more 70% shooting nights. Shaq can body him and Raggedy Andy can flail himself all around, but anytime he gets Hickson on him, he should immediately jog his pudgy ass to the block and dominate. But he won't.

Unless LeBron is seriously injured....Cavs in 6.

I was pretty excited about the Magic game tonight. What a waste of 3 hours.... :wallbash:

Not that I won't take the win, but can Atlanta maybe show up Thursday?? How embarassing for them. :devil:

I smell sweep....

I was pretty excited about the Magic game tonight. What a waste of 3 hours.... :wallbash:

Not that I won't take the win, but can Atlanta maybe show up Thursday?? How embarassing for them. :D

I smell sweep....

Funny, and I mean this as no disrespect to Orlando, who I think is the team to beat in the East. As a Celtics fan, my ideal scenario would be for Orlando to sweep Atlanta, sit around for a week, waiting to play the Celtics... for whatever reason, the Celtics match up horribly with Atlanta, and just cannot seem to beat them. I know Orlando is a much better team (see tonights score) but I think Boston would have a better shot at gutting out a series win over the Magic, than getting run into oblivian, up and down the court, by the Hawks...but, I am a Celtics fan... :devil:

I dunno man, the Hawks are learning how to play team D....they already have some explosive players who can score, so if they can learn to shut down opponents and create more takeaways, they may give Orlando a run....especially since Orlando is apparently WAY overconfident and cocky about this series.

What isn't there to be overconfident and cocky about??? :wallbash:

I hope game 1 changes your opinion......obviously they can't all be 40 point blowouts, but expect more of the same in this series......Magic in 4 or 5.

Rondo is awesome, always liked Doc Rivers & Ray Allen, and Pierce is a warrior. Too bad Garnett is such a B word.

Garnett was awesome when they won the championship, it was very much his team. Pierce was always a great player, but Garnett challenged him to be even better than he had been...he intimidates his teammates as much as he does opponents. I can think of two of my other favorite sports teams, who could use a player like that. That championship is on Garnett.

KG is still a leader, and very key to whatever chance the C's have, but this is, dare I say it, becoming Rondo's team. I think the Celtics got a great deal in Garnett. Honestly, when they made the deal, and then signed Allen, something inside me was telling me that the Celtics wouldn't come through...building a team like that "never works", so Buffalo sports fans tell me, over and over again...

What isn't there to be overconfident and cocky about??? :wallbash:

I hope game 1 changes your opinion......obviously they can't all be 40 point blowouts, but expect more of the same in this series......Magic in 4 or 5.

lol, yep, so much for that! What a shocker...I did not expect that. Kudos to Orlando, though, for being ready to whoop some arse. I'm a Sixers fan, so what do I care about the Hawks? lol

I'm a Sixers fan

The chosen few. Literally. I had a 10-game pack this season...to say that the arena was half-full on average is generous. They even kept 30-40% of the vendor windows closed on most nights. Before AI's little visit, it was like a ghost town.

But hey, things are looking up...we've contacted Doug Collins about being our next coach! Apparently our coaching search plan is to re-hire every coach the Wizards have fired in reverse order. The best part is Jim Lynam is already an assistant....I'm sure he'll get the nod after Bernie Bickerstaff and Leonard Hamilton get their shot.... :wallbash:

Apparently our coaching search plan is to re-hire every coach the Wizards have fired in reverse order. The best part is Jim Lynam is already an assistant....I'm sure he'll get the nod after Bernie Bickerstaff and Leonard Hamilton get their shot.... :wallbash:

:devil:

They could not be more of an afterthought in Philly. I guess that's not too surprising since the popularity order is Eagles 1, while 2, 3, and 4 depend entirely on who is good at the moment.

:wallbash:

They could not be more of an afterthought in Philly. I guess that's not too surprising since the popularity order is Eagles 1, while 2, 3, and 4 depend entirely on who is good at the moment.

Yup...and it doesn't look like current order will change anytime soon.

Sad thing is, the Sixers are tailor-made for a superstar (yeah, yeah I know...who isn't? :devil:). Iguodala can definitely be the 2nd best player on a contender, Thad has 20-5 potential, Lou and Speights play good ball, Sammy is a top 5 defensive center and Jrue Holiday just might be the answer at PG. It's a team full of young, quality, 2nd-tier players. Just no leader...no alpha-dog. You bring in Wade and I could coach them to 55 wins.

Of course there is the small issue of Elton Brand and his 79 million reasons why this team will probably go nowhere. At least they took a swing I guess...

Yup...and it doesn't look like current order will change anytime soon.

Sad thing is, the Sixers are tailor-made for a superstar (yeah, yeah I know...who isn't? :doh:). Iguodala can definitely be the 2nd best player on a contender, Thad has 20-5 potential, Lou and Speights play good ball, Sammy is a top 5 defensive center and Jrue Holiday just might be the answer at PG. It's a team full of young, quality, 2nd-tier players. Just no leader...no alpha-dog. You bring in Wade and I could coach them to 55 wins.

Of course there is the small issue of Elton Brand and his 79 million reasons why this team will probably go nowhere. At least they took a swing I guess...

Yes, the Sixers definitely have some good pieces... maybe, with all of the upcoming free-agency mania, they will find themselves in a better position...