Official NBA Playoffs thread.....

Special K

The chosen few. Literally. I had a 10-game pack this season...to say that the arena was half-full on average is generous. They even kept 30-40% of the vendor windows closed on most nights. Before AI's little visit, it was like a ghost town.

But hey, things are looking up...we've contacted Doug Collins about being our next coach! Apparently our coaching search plan is to re-hire every coach the Wizards have fired in reverse order. The best part is Jim Lynam is already an assistant....I'm sure he'll get the nod after Bernie Bickerstaff and Leonard Hamilton get their shot.... :P

We need more CROCE!!! :lol:

I miss that guy!

I've never been a huge NBA guy, but I loved going to the Core States Center (or whatever it's called now) to see the Sixers play...That was back when I thought some combination of Stackhouse-Iverson-Hughes would be our starting backcourt for the next ten years....oh well!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least the Hawks actually showed up for the game tonight.

The 4th quarter is the money quarter, and the Magic took charge when it counts most--great defense in the 4th.

Up 2-0! :worthy:

Could I have to get the broom out for the second straight series??

The 4th quarter is the money quarter, and the Magic took charge when it counts most--great defense in the 4th.

Up 2-0! :worthy:

It's over...fat lady is-a-warmin up! The way they're discounting Hawks tickets here in ATL is embarrassing. This city is so pathetic when it comes to the sports culture. There are tested and true fans of the Braves, but the Hawks, Thrashers, and Falcons? Not a chance.

Could you imagine anyone discounting HOME PLAYOFF TICKETS in the NFL?

Up 2-0! :thumbsup:

How disappointing is Josh Smith?? How can you not get up for a Playoff game? That dude looks defeated 3 minutes into the game... :worthy:

I'm going to be really shocked if we don't sweep these clowns. Wake me up when Cleveland/Boston comes calling...

The Celtics vs. LeBron and his elbow tonight... I get the feeling LJ is faking his elbow injury, just so he has an excuse not to shake the Celtics hands, after they knock the Cavs out... :worthy:

Beware of the flying towel of Danny Ainge...or the creak of Paul Pierces' wheelchair LeBron...we are coming to get you!!!!

How disappointing is Josh Smith?? How can you not get up for a Playoff game? That dude looks defeated 3 minutes into the game... :thumbsup:

I'm going to be really shocked if we don't sweep these clowns. Wake me up when Cleveland/Boston comes calling...

Funny moment with Josh Smith last night. Right after the Hawks went on their 8-0 run in the first quarter to cut it to 3, Van Gundy called a timeout. Smith was walking back to the bench and caught a live mic and clearly said: "Sh-t...we in this mu'fcker now!" :thumbsup:

I rewound it a few times....any one else catch that?

The Celtics vs. LeBron and his elbow tonight... I get the feeling LJ is faking his elbow injury, just so he has an excuse not to shake the Celtics hands, after they knock the Cavs out... :nana:

Beware of the flying towel of Danny Ainge...or the creak of Paul Pierces' wheelchair LeBron...we are coming to get you!!!!

Friggin' idiot! :thumbsup:

Okay...off the ledge now...Celtics follow up their worst home playoff loss ever, with a near masterpiece...I know it is overstated sometimes, but RONDO was friggin' unbelievable. If he could shoot free-throws at a higher success rate, I might be tempted to say he is now an elite player in the NBA...he is close, and getting better all the time...being a life-long Bills and Sabres fan, I had almost forgotten what it was like to see one of my teams pass a gut-check...not saying the C's are going to pull this off, they are going to have to win another game in Cleveland, but I think they still have a good chance. Shaq had a decent game today, but, beyond LeBron, and the occaissional hot-hand from Mo Williams, I am not all that impressed with the Cavs overall...but James can be a beast... can't wait until Tuesday for game 5!

btw- I realize nobody here really likes the Celtics, but, if you watch the games, has any player in the NBA gotten less respect from officials than Kendrick Perkins? Nearly every game he is in foul trouble early after a bunch of phantom calls...it is disgusting. Not saying there aren't bad calls all of the time in the NBA, but nearly every call against Perkins is a head scratcher...

Okay...off the ledge now...Celtics follow up their worst home playoff loss ever, with a near masterpiece...I know it is overstated sometimes, but RONDO was friggin' unbelievable. If he could shoot free-throws at a higher success rate, I might be tempted to say he is now an elite player in the NBA...he is close, and getting better all the time....

I watched the entire game, and that performance by Rondo was one of the best individual games by any player in the playoffs that I have ever saw. 29-18-13. Those numbers are absolutely ridiculous, especially the 18 boards coming from a point guard who is listed at 6'1 and might be 165 pounds soaking wet. Just an amazing effort. I don't think there is any question that he is one of the elite players in the league today.

Shaq had a decent game today, but, beyond LeBron, and the occaissional hot-hand from Mo Williams, I am not all that impressed with the Cavs overall...but James can be a beast... can't wait until Tuesday for game 5!

You know this is my sentiment toward the Cavs as well.....go get 'em!

After the Magic dispatch the Hawks tomorrow night, we will be well rested, and waiting for ya in the Conference Finals!! :thumbsup:

Okay...off the ledge now...Celtics follow up their worst home playoff loss ever, with a near masterpiece...I know it is overstated sometimes, but RONDO was friggin' unbelievable. If he could shoot free-throws at a higher success rate, I might be tempted to say he is now an elite player in the NBA...he is close, and getting better all the time...being a life-long Bills and Sabres fan, I had almost forgotten what it was like to see one of my teams pass a gut-check...not saying the C's are going to pull this off, they are going to have to win another game in Cleveland, but I think they still have a good chance. Shaq had a decent game today, but, beyond LeBron, and the occaissional hot-hand from Mo Williams, I am not all that impressed with the Cavs overall...but James can be a beast... can't wait until Tuesday for game 5!

btw- I realize nobody here really likes the Celtics, but, if you watch the games, has any player in the NBA gotten less respect from officials than Kendrick Perkins? Nearly every game he is in foul trouble early after a bunch of phantom calls...it is disgusting. Not saying there aren't bad calls all of the time in the NBA, but nearly every call against Perkins is a head scratcher...

As much as I despise Boston area sports teams, I enjoy watching this Celtics team. I've always liked Pierce, Allen, and Garnett. Rondo is just fantastic with those guys!

That said, Perkins to me is a whiny pooh-butt with little to offer. I've never liked him at all. I'd rather Big Baby get all his minutes.

BTW, nice win! :thumbsup:

I have to go clean off my broom for tonight, now!!!

As much as I despise Boston area sports teams, I enjoy watching this Celtics team. I've always liked Pierce, Allen, and Garnett. Rondo is just fantastic with those guys!

That said, Perkins to me is a whiny pooh-butt with little to offer. I've never liked him at all. I'd rather Big Baby get all his minutes.

BTW, nice win! :thumbsup:

I have to go clean off my broom for tonight, now!!!

I'm with you...I despise all the other Boston area teams... part of the reason Perkins has "little to offer" is that he gets called for a foul any time he comes near the ball...I think he even was an intentional (by the refs) scapegoat for a call that should have clearly been on Rondo, tonight. There have also been, at least three instances, in this series, where LeBron was clearly the last man to touch the ball before it went out of bounce, but it was called out on Perkins. He may be limited skill wise, but, he can play well at times, and, when he is in foul trouble, it is problematic for the substitutions.

I love Big Baby too, but he was a pretty big disappointment in the regular season. Getting suspended the first 20 games didn't hurt the team too much (they were something like 17-3 during that stretch) but, since he came back, the team was always out of sinc.... what I do like about him, he brings it in the playoffs, and isn't afraid to take shots.

My hope is that the Celtics win, what will be a long series (at least six games) and catch a rusty Orlando team. I really have a lot of respect for the Magic, so I am hopeful for any edge...I have seen that scenario pay off for the underdog way too often in the NBA and the NHL, not to give it some merit.

Good times!

After the Magic dispatch the Hawks tomorrow night, we will be well rested, and waiting for ya in the Conference Finals!! :)

Another series, another sweep!

A minimum of 5 days rest before the conference finals....I love it!

The only downside: I had tickets to Game 5. :thumbsup:

You can't ask for more than having your team play at its absolute best in the playoffs.

Everyone wants to talk about the Magic's offense, but its been that way for 2-3 years. Its the defense that has turned up several notches and was particularily evident in the Hawks series. If this team can keep playing defense with this much intensity, it will be hard for anyone to beat this team.

By the way, for all the crap that Stan Van Gundy gets from the national media, this guy can coach, and is one of the main reasons this team has been deep in the playoffs the past few years---Thank You, Stan Van!

I can't wait for the next round so Orlando can continue its "Magical" run!!! :sick:

Another series, another sweep!

A minimum of 5 days rest before the conference finals....I love it!

The only downside: I had tickets to Game 5. :sick:

You can't ask for more than having your team play at its absolute best in the playoffs.

Everyone wants to talk about the Magic's offense, but its been that way for 2-3 years. Its the defense that has turned up several notches and was particularily evident in the Hawks series. If this team can keep playing defense with this much intensity, it will be hard for anyone to beat this team.

By the way, for all the crap that Stan Van Gundy gets from the national media, this guy can coach, and is one of the main reasons this team has been deep in the playoffs the past few years---Thank You, Stan Van!

I can't wait for the next round so Orlando can continue its "Magical" run!!! :)

On top of my "man crush" on SVG, I'd also like to say what a pleasure it is being a fan of a team with such a great GM in Otis Smith. Man has he put together a helluva team this year!

Our Defense has gotten better with the additions of Barnes and Carter (doesn't hurt to have Dwight at Center either). What an exciting team!

Celtics played a good game, but I mean, I feel like George Carlin could've done a basketball vs. hockey bit like he did with football vs. baseball.

You have to win Game 3 at home in a 1-1 series to win the series, and Game 4 is pretty much a gimme if you lose Game 3. Neither of those things are true with hockey. That unpredictability is 1 reason I find myself watching more pucks this year.

Celtics in 6 over the Cavs....

:thumbsup: another please!

I agreed with you then, and Thursday that prediction will come true!

All you can say about that game is wow....what a head-scratcher that Lebron would have such a horrid game in a game that meant so much---and we all know that that group of misfits has no chance against anyone if Lebron plays like that.

I wanted Orlando to be the one to take those losers(Especially Shaq) out, but at least a Boston victory would give Orlando home-court advantage in the Conference Finals.

Good Luck on Thursday!! <_<:lol:

All you can say about that game is wow....what a head-scratcher that Lebron would have such a horrid game in a game that meant so much---and we all know that that group of misfits has no chance against anyone if Lebron plays like that.

I wanted Orlando to be the one to take those losers(Especially Shaq) out, but at least a Boston victory would give Orlando home-court advantage in the Conference Finals.

Good Luck on Thursday!! :thumbsup:<_<

This game makes game 3 (when the Cavs blew out the Celtics in Boston) all the more perplexing. It is becoming more and more obvious. while LeBron is the best player on the court, the Celtics are the better team. This is kind of reminding me, a bit, of the Celtics/Lakers championship series back in 2008.

It isn't real common for bench guys to rise to the occasion, particularly on the road. Glen Davis looks like an all-star some nights, during the last three playoff runs. Yet, he doesn't contribute much during the regular season.

I am thrilled with tonights game. I thought the Celtics would win, but not a blowout. Can you remember a player of LeBron James stature being such a non-factor in such an important game, before?

I did feel kind of bad for the Cavs fans. How many times have we, as Bills/Sabres fans, been in that same position? They just kept showing shot after shot of disillusioned Cavs fans. I feel real empathy for Cleveland area sports fans. I am starting to get the feeling that James is going to leave. I don't think he will win a championship with this roster, and the core of them are under contract for another 2-3 years...he is stuck with them. That team just has no prescience, beyond James.

Oh well, I am amped for Thursday. I think it stinks, if the Celtics win, game 1 of the Conference final will be on Sunday. Why on earth did they just not schedule the Lakers/Suns for Sunday afternoon?

Good Luck on Thursday!! :thumbsup:<_<

I don't know if it is such a head-scratcher. IMO even the best players in any sport will have the odd off-day. Sports cliches tell us that truly great players always rise to transcendent greatness when there is a lot on the line...but in reality, a lot can be attributed to random chance. Gretzky laid a couple eggs in big games. Jeter has had his share of 0-5 performances in the playoffs. Favre has blown a few playoff games. Hell, even Jordan had a handful of awful playoff performances...the difference being that Pippen or somebody else usually picked up the slack.

Lebron didn't shoot the ball well (or do much else well). It happens. Unfortunately for him, his teammates seem incapable of shouldering the load when he's off his game. If Lebron plays like an MVP in games 6 and 7, I don't doubt that the Cavs will pull the series out. One more hiccup, however, and it's the end of the line once again.

Just like last year, all the analysts and experts opined that the Cavaliers would just walk into the Finals for the destined (and disgustingly overhyped) Lebron vs. Kobe matchup, without ever stopping to think that the Celtics and/or Magic would have something to say about it. Fools.

Even if the Cavs scratch and claw to win this series, they won't beat the freight train that is the Magic right now. I still can't get over how bad they made the Hawks look.

The more I watch this series, and Lebron in general, the more I believe that the reason that he is still a step behind Kobe Bryant at this point in his career is due to his unselfishness. Particularly in the latter stages of games. He has to realize when to take over a game. He's the best player on the court every night, just like Bryant, and he has to demonstrate that he understands this when the Cavs need key buckets. Too many times I've watched him dish to guys like Varejo or Jamison for a jumper in this series late in the game, instead of just using his raw talent to create and finish for himself. He surely has the skills to do so. Kobe understands that there are certain times in the game that need to be put solely in his hands. MJ had the same mindset. Sometimes you need guys like them to be selfish to win games. Lebron is an unbelievable player, but he needs to understand this in order to win a championship.