Official NBA Playoffs thread.....

Special K

The Finals will be a legitimate series but is VERY likely to go 7. If that makes you think games 5 & 6 could contain a little funny business then so be it.

If I somehow needed money I would have bet on all of this. As it is, I'd rather enjoy the chuckles from watching people analyze the series and goe through x's and o's. It is funny.

You have way too much time on your hands...you seriously should put some money down...who can't use more?

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont like this at all......

The Suns are a lame team......absolutely no defense all offensive minded. And they are not good preparation for what we are going to see from the Celtics in the Finals.......

For Christ Sake Suns PLAY SOME DEFENSE PLEASE......its like beating up on your little brother or something.

I just dont like this at all......

The Suns are a lame team......absolutely no defense all offensive minded. And they are not good preparation for what we are going to see from the Celtics in the Finals.......

For Christ Sake Suns PLAY SOME DEFENSE PLEASE......its like beating up on your little brother or something.

The Suns are just too damn small to challenge the Lakers. The only way they can beat them, is to out-shoot them. Even though the Suns kept hanging in there the whole game, I never expected, at any point, they might beat the Lakers tonight.

Now, the Lakers sit until Monday? I hate the way they schedule these series... the last two times the Celtics had 3 days off in between games, they got beat pretty squarely....all part of David Sterns' diabolical plot, I suppose!

The Suns are just too damn small to challenge the Lakers. The only way they can beat them, is to out-shoot them. Even though the Suns kept hanging in there the whole game, I never expected, at any point, they might beat the Lakers tonight.

Now, the Lakers sit until Monday? I hate the way they schedule these series... the last two times the Celtics had 3 days off in between games, they got beat pretty squarely....all part of David Sterns' diabolical plot, I suppose!

The time off benefits us because we have so many injuries....and we overuse our starting rotation as we are not as deep as the suns......we have to keep at least two starters on the court at all times to keep things from falling apart.....

Kobe....shooting hand, knee, ankle

Bynum....torn menescous in knee

Pau....looks like he got punched by Mike Tyson in the eye

Any rest we can get at this point is good for us......

By the way...dont normally talk about Kobe too much because of the hate he gets on this board and I dont want to be sitting here defending him....but as a player he truly has matured....one game....40 plus points to help win....next game......20 points 13 assists to help win. Lakers fans are spoiled......

The time off benefits us because we have so many injuries....and we overuse our starting rotation as we are not as deep as the suns......we have to keep at least two starters on the court at all times to keep things from falling apart.....

Kobe....shooting hand, knee, ankle

Bynum....torn menescous in knee

Pau....looks like he got punched by Mike Tyson in the eye

Any rest we can get at this point is good for us......

By the way...dont normally talk about Kobe too much because of the hate he gets on this board and I dont want to be sitting here defending him....but as a player he truly has matured....one game....40 plus points to help win....next game......20 points 13 assists to help win. Lakers fans are spoiled......

I hate Kobe, but only because he is a Laker, and y'know, being a Celtics fan, I have to hate the Lakers...but I would never bag on him...he is one of the greatest players I have ever seen...hard to find too much bad to say about him.

Think of it as a 75 day break from all my "predictions" coming true.

Point me to those posts if you would. I see no one is arguing with you on the series stuff. I want to show them to someone as this is seriously the coolest troll I have ever seen. Thanks.

Point me to those posts if you would. I see no one is arguing with you on the series stuff. I want to show them to someone as this is seriously the coolest troll I have ever seen. Thanks.

My "predictions" started here.

They continued here and through the rest of that thread. I am unaware of predictions being called "trolls" but I think I'm answering your question. Let me know if I missed something.

Straight up embarassing is all I have to say..... :censored::sick::sick:

Maybe Stan Van slept with someones mother? :(

I will say, I am shocked at how weak an effort the Magic gave. I really was expecting a great game, and this was Orlando's best chance to win a game...

What do you think K? You have watched the Magic all year, were they that much better off with Turk? The ESPN guys seem to think so, from their post game comments.

Maybe Stan Van slept with someones mother? :censored:

I will say, I am shocked at how weak an effort the Magic gave. I really was expecting a great game, and this was Orlando's best chance to win a game...

What do you think K? You have watched the Magic all year, were they that much better off with Turk? The ESPN guys seem to think so, from their post game comments.

People downplay Hedo's contributions to the team.....he is a steady glue type player that doesn't fold under pressure.....Vince Carter on the other hand.....

If the lakers are gonna beat the Suns they need to do it quick.....we need rest just as much if not more then the Celtics.

I think the Magic would be better off with Turk, but his contract demands were too much--he wanted a 6 year contract at 10 million per that would last until he was 36. A 36 year old Turkoglu will not be a 10 million per year player IMO.

Keep in mind that Turk didn't do crap in Toronto this year--he chose money over winning--I don't blame the Magic on this one.

As for Carter, especially in this series, he makes all of these little mistakes on the defensive end that just add up in the end, and he is too soft to drive to the basket with any consistency(which has been an issue all year).

He can't guard Pierce, he can't guard Allen, and he doesn't have a killer instinct--and that shows up the most in the playoffs.

At 6' 10", at least Turk had the size to bother Pierce, and Turk is a much better facilitator than Carter.

The Magic's plan A was Turk, but they offered him a 3 year contract at $10 million per(rightfully so IMO), and he wanted a longer-term deal which equals more money in his pocket, so the Magic made the move for Carter.

At least Carter has an expiring contract next year, so they are only stuck with him one more year, or they can move him for someone who actually cares about being a competitor.

I never liked the move for Carter, but Turk made the descision to leave based on $, the Magic did not get rid of him.

I think the Magic would be better off with Turk, but his contract demands were too much--he wanted a 6 year contract at 10 million per that would last until he was 36. A 36 year old Turkoglu will not be a 10 million per year player IMO.

Keep in mind that Turk didn't do crap in Toronto this year--he chose money over winning--I don't blame the Magic on this one.

As for Carter, especially in this series, he makes all of these little mistakes on the defensive end that just add up in the end, and he is too soft to drive to the basket with any consistency(which has been an issue all year).

He can't guard Pierce, he can't guard Allen, and he doesn't have a killer instinct--and that shows up the most in the playoffs.

At 6' 10", at least Turk had the size to bother Pierce, and Turk is a much better facilitator than Carter.

The Magic's plan A was Turk, but they offered him a 3 year contract at $10 million per(rightfully so IMO), and he wanted a longer-term deal which equals more money in his pocket, so the Magic made the move for Carter.

At least Carter has an expiring contract next year, so they are only stuck with him one more year, or they can move him for someone who actually cares about being a competitor.

I never liked the move for Carter, but Turk made the descision to leave based on $, the Magic did not get rid of him.

The best part about that trade was aquiring Ryan Anderson...

I was worried Carter wouldn't know how to act come playoff time due to his miserable teams in the past. Looks like I was right, unfortunately. Turk fit our club's gameplan much better than Vince, and we did little to change our approach, much like this series. What a let down.

Have to give credit to Boston, though. They're playing exceptional ball.

Call me crazy, but now that it is looking fairly certain that the Celtics and Lakers will meet again (Crayonz had it all along!), I would prefer the Celtics to have as little down time before the finals, as possible. They are as healthy right now as they have been since the 2008 finals, and they may be playing even better than they were then. I really think, going into the Orlando series, the Celtics had an advantage over Orlando who was idle for about a week ahead of time. I know it will never happen, because of money, but I would love to see the NBA go to an every other night playoff schedule, like the NHL has. I know the Lakers are beat up...but, despite the loss tonight, they will be ready...

Call me crazy, but now that it is looking fairly certain that the Celtics and Lakers will meet again (Crayonz had it all along!), I would prefer the Celtics to have as little down time before the finals, as possible. They are as healthy right now as they have been since the 2008 finals, and they may be playing even better than they were then. I really think, going into the Orlando series, the Celtics had an advantage over Orlando who was idle for about a week ahead of time. I know it will never happen, because of money, but I would love to see the NBA go to an every other night playoff schedule, like the NHL has. I know the Lakers are beat up...but, despite the loss tonight, they will be ready...

Lamar Odom is a total enigma to me......when he plays well we are virtually unbeatable because we are going to get solid to great play out of Pao and Kobe.........

But every so often he will do this @hit......and Phil wont pull him when he does it.

Some of the foul calls on Bynum were bogus.......you cant have a power forward throwing himself into another big and be getting calls like that to put your bigs on the bench.....its the playoffs let them play for christ sake.