Official NBA Playoffs thread.....

Special K

Sad to hear that Tom Thibideaux seems to have agreed to go to New Orleans...I was hoping he would get Rivers' job, if he steps down after the season, as rumored.

My only guarantee for Sunday night...the Celtics will play much better than they did in game 1. I am not saying they necessarily win, but I expect a much better effort. Probably not a wise move, by Gasol, to make the "Garnett is not the player he was" comments. What Gasol said is true, but KG still has some pride...and he can bring it from time to time. I expect him to play like a wild man tomorrow. It seems, to me, Gasol is falling into the Paul Pierce trap, of not knowing when to shut up...

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job to the celtics in game 2......my key to the game is they came out of it with all the hustle plays....that and Ray Allen getting very hot.....

My only problem with this was the out of bounds play with Garnet and Gasol.....that ball was CLEARLY off Garnett then they actually reviewed it and STILL got it wrong.

Anyway....on to game 3

My only problem with this was the out of bounds play with Garnet and Gasol.....that ball was CLEARLY off Garnett then they actually reviewed it and STILL got it wrong.

well, I think that the wide disparity in FTs more than made up for that missed call

Anyway....on to game 3

The rare legit games/series like this are tough for the refs too. There is a lot of pressure and they can't get everything right.

The rare legit games/series like this are tough for the refs too. There is a lot of pressure and they can't get everything right.

:lol::worthy:

I am hanging on your every word Crayons... ;) It is funny how nobody can see what an utter farce (way worse than that other league... ;) ) the NBA is! Even with the ref's hands caught in the cookie jar on past occassion, people still want to think it on the up and up! :wallbash:

Maybe. Maybinot.

A double tech about 12 seconds in may have actually calmed things down a bit in a weird sort of way.

I never said there would be a brawl, I simply said there is a better chance of one since this is all legit at this point. I'll stand by that. I certainly think a legit series like this is hard to predict. That said, I think game 1 has to make you think the Lakers are the better team.

If I had to predict the outcomes of the rest of the games based on the legitimacy/Stern's desires combo it would be:

2 - Lakers

3 - Celts

4 - Celts

5 - Lakers

6 - Celts

7 - Lakers

And yes I'm aware it is a 2-3-2.

:wallbash:

Good job to the celtics in game 2......my key to the game is they came out of it with all the hustle plays....that and Ray Allen getting very hot.....

Anyway....on to game 3

I actually think they got it right...it was pretty close...to me, it looked like it was Garnett's touch that pushed the ball out of bounds, but it went off of Gasols' hand. It may have gone off Garnett, but I don't think it was so obvious...just like the NFL, they have to have definitive evidence, to reverse the call.

I was happy with the Celtics effort tonight. Very happy. Rondo came to play, and this game gave evidence, to me anyways, why game 1 was such a lopsided affair...Ray Allen was in foul trouble most of that game, and played little. Losing that long range shooting threat really limits what you can do against a big team like the Lakers...

I will say, the officiating was atrocious, on the whole. Although the Lakers had more free throws than Boston, I think I counted 1 of Kobe Bryant's 5 fouls that was legit.

I am thrilled with the win, and thrilled with the Celtics effort, but, I still feel like they need to do a lot of things better to win this series. If I am a Lakers fan (and I am not) I don't think I feel too bad about this game. I know, they "lost the home court advantage" theoretically, but I don' think that means much, particularly for these two teams. Paul Pierce played his ass off, defensively, but Kevin Garnett was near useless out there. I expect him to have a monster game, a vintage KB game, if you will, in game 3. He will feed off the home crowd. His demise, in this series, is kind of shocking. He looked so fluid and strong against Orlando, Cleveland and Miami. I really don't think it is anything the Lakers are doing, either he is really hurting, or he has gotten really old, physically. Van Gundy pointed out tonight, that Garnett was trying to do a lot of things (shoot, rebound) one- handed. I thought, in game 1, and again tonight, he looked like he might be trying to hide some problem with his left shoulder. I could be imagining it, but it looks, to me, like something is bothering him, other than that knee.

Looking forward to Tuesday night.

I actually think they got it right...it was pretty close...to me, it looked like it was Garnett's touch that pushed the ball out of bounds, but it went off of Gasols' hand. It may have gone off Garnett, but I don't think it was so obvious...just like the NFL, they have to have definitive evidence, to reverse the call.

I was happy with the Celtics effort tonight. Very happy. Rondo came to play, and this game gave evidence, to me anyways, why game 1 was such a lopsided affair...Ray Allen was in foul trouble most of that game, and played little. Losing that long range shooting threat really limits what you can do against a big team like the Lakers...

I will say, the officiating was atrocious, on the whole. Although the Lakers had more free throws than Boston, I think I counted 1 of Kobe Bryant's 5 fouls that was legit.

I am thrilled with the win, and thrilled with the Celtics effort, but, I still feel like they need to do a lot of things better to win this series. If I am a Lakers fan (and I am not) I don't think I feel too bad about this game. I know, they "lost the home court advantage" theoretically, but I don' think that means much, particularly for these two teams. Paul Pierce played his ass off, defensively, but Kevin Garnett was near useless out there. I expect him to have a monster game, a vintage KB game, if you will, in game 3. He will feed off the home crowd. His demise, in this series, is kind of shocking. He looked so fluid and strong against Orlando, Cleveland and Miami. I really don't think it is anything the Lakers are doing, either he is really hurting, or he has gotten really old, physically. Van Gundy pointed out tonight, that Garnett was trying to do a lot of things (shoot, rebound) one- handed. I thought, in game 1, and again tonight, he looked like he might be trying to hide some problem with his left shoulder. I could be imagining it, but it looks, to me, like something is bothering him, other than that knee.

Looking forward to Tuesday night.

I thought the replay should it plain as day......garnett's hand was closest to the ball....Gasol's hand was clearly behind Garnets on the other side........

The lakers will not win this series without all of their parts playing......Lamar Odom has been a complete no show....we will not win if he doesn't contribute.

Bills thats just Fisher he is a really emotional guy who quite frankly played like crap the majority of the season and gave his team enough to win tonight so he is happy......its actually one of the things I really like about him....

Good game......horrible officiating both ways......Lakers found a way to get it done. This was actually a game I had in the loss column and then coming on strong in the next one.

Looks like this goes back to LA after all Paul Pierce.