Bills looking for second rounder for Lynch

This trade would be amazing (but unlikely, at least without the Bills giving something else up in return, like a 4th or 5th).

First, the pick never should've been made. Rumor has it that it was another Ralph Wilson Draft Day Special.

Second, the Bills got a few solid years out of Lynch at a decent price. That's the best you can ask for from a running back - they're not like any other position, they just don't last too long. Lynch is still young but his body has taken a beating because of his running style. Even without Lynch's off-field issues, would you really want to give him a second (bigger) contract? I think not.

Third, Lynch doesn't put in the work necessary to condition himself properly, learn the playbook and blocking schemes, etc. Why that didn't come up during pre-draft due diligence confounds me, but it's time to move on.

Finally, although I have little confidence in this organization or coaching staff, running backs are not too difficult to replace, especially one with Lynch's stats over the last couple of years. You can manufacture a comparable running game with good playcalling and decent young backs.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone be against Hasselbeck straight up for Lynch? Just saying, we are talkinga bout Donovan, or Campbell as a stopgap. Why not get Hasselbeck, draft a LT in round 1, Tebow in round 2, pick up a DT, or OLB, or RB in rounds 3-5.

Just a thought. I wouldnt be against it me thinks

so he'll be a better fit culturally in Seattle?

Perhaps not, but he would be back on the West Coast & may feel closer to home. Maybe the better point with respect to Seattle is that if anyone can get his head screwed on properly it is Pete Carroll. He knows Lynch very well and I am sure that you are familiar with his work with underprivileged kids, including gang members, in southern California.

You are never going to get a 2nd round pick for Lynch. With his crappy attitude and being one boneheaded Lynch move away from being suspended for a year, never going to happen. My guess is they will get a 4th or 5th for him or maybe just plain cut him.

Now we're talking sense - I wouldn't even have to think, I'd do this now.

I love Marshawn, but this is a move we NEED to make. We don't need two potential 1,500 yard backs on the roster, we DO need another quality, young player.

We have way too many holes to fill, and in a deep draft that second rounder could be gold!

Did you say two potential 1,500 yard backs?

"After a night of drinking, then driving, Lynch decided that hitting the back of O-linemen wasn’t enough, so he decided to hit drunk dancing Canadian women on Chippewa St with his SUV."

"Nine months later, 20 Dolla decides that smoking pot at home is boring, so he chose to go out with his friends in his unlicensed Mercedes with tinted windows (with an unregistered hand gun in the trunk), park on the side of the road and smoke up there…Wow, no policeman would ever find anything suspicious about that, now would they?"

I thought those were funny. Obviously, the author was making fun at what a dumbass Lynch was, just like when Plaxico shot himself.

I didn't think the article was horrible like Dorkula stated. The author did bring up some good points, Lynch had potential, always keeps his feet moving upon initial contact (which was a big complaint Bills fans had on McGahee), and is hard to bring down. It's just a shame that Lynch has been a problem child since he's been here.

+1 why trade a proven pro-bowler who had one less than spectacular year for an unproven rookie. thats not filling a hole, thats buying a lottery ticket. and for those of you who claim we have an abundance of talent at RB, Jackson is 29 and thats past most RBs' primes. its most likely downhill from here.

uticaclub had a good point too. we live a pretty sheltered life if we consider smoking a few joints gangster. maybe we're too quick to jump to conclusions about a kid from oakland

"Beast Mode" has carried 650 times in 3 seasons.

Jackson has only 425 carries in the NFL over 4 years. Not gonna count his carries in "NFL Europa".

So, he's pretty low mileage.