Dear God Another Vick Rumor Has Him Possibly Coming To Buffalo

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/ru...mod_nfl_xxx_xxx

Vick trade rumors back on?

7:22AM ET

Michael Vick | Eagles | Interested: Bills?, Raiders?

Top Email

As of just one week ago, we were seeing more and more speculation that there would not be a trade involving Michael Vick this offseason. When the Philadelphia Eagles traded Donovan McNabb last weekend, there was more thought that this action pretty much sealed the (non-)deal.

However, in a column published Friday, Paul Domowitch of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that the Eagles are still trying to trade No. 7. Domowitch opines that coach Andy Reid "doesn't have a lot of faith" in Vick running the Eagles' offense, and the team needs a reliable fallback option behind Kevin Kolb; therefore, he thinks the team might target a reliable veteran like Marc Bulger. As we know, Bulger would prefer a team where he'd have a chance to start, but we're unsure how long he'll stick with that notion.

Delving back into the Vick files, the Buffalo Bills and Oakland Raiders have to be considered the front-runners to trade for him. For the Bills, Vick could be a dangerous weapon in Chan Gailey's spread offense whereas for the Raiders, most QBs with starting experience would be an upgrade over their situation.

:wallbash:0:) 'Nuff said.

Please God, just a rumor.

The Philly Daily news reads like a tabloid when it comes to sports. This seems like a whole lot of speculation by the writer, with Buffalo added in there only because of past rumors.

Hope you're right about that. I don't want that POS dog killer on the Bills.

won't happen...Buddy Nix is too smart to trade for a QB who's never been very good...CEO Russ Brandon is a marketing guy and the 1st rule of marketing is to know your customers...except the drunk idiots who don't even know the game (nor do they even go to games often), Vick's not welcome in Buffalo...Mary Wilson and Jim Kelly would be strong opposition to it as well

won't happen...Buddy Nix is too smart to trade for a QB who's never been very good...CEO Russ Brandon is a marketing guy and the 1st rule of marketing is to know your customers...except the drunk idiots who don't even know the game (nor do they even go to games often), Vick's not welcome in Buffalo...Mary Wilson and Jim Kelly would be strong opposition to it as well

I used this same logic to convince my buddy to renew his season tickets despite his extreme phobia that if the Bills sign Vick and he has tickets both his girlfriend and mom would never let him hear the end of it, and essentially would make him choose between them and the Bills. Girlfriend would be a tough but manageable task, but I don't think I anyone wants to disrespect their mother over the Bills. Actually, I take that back cuz I've read too many posts here, but Icertainly wouldn't piss my mom off like that.

I do believe that you are right on this one Philster. B-)

Vick is the only guy I would like to see take Edward's starting job away this season....MIKE VICK WOULD BRING IN THE WINS...Vick is MADE for the Gailey offense...we'd be in the SB in not time at all...

VICK VICK VICK VICK VICK...and yeah I don't care he is a dog hater...VICK VICK VICK VICK VICK...

Vick is the only guy I would like to see take Edward's starting job away this season....MIKE VICK WOULD BRING IN THE WINS...Vick is MADE for the Gailey offense...we'd be in the SB in not time at all...

VICK VICK VICK VICK VICK...and yeah I don't care he is a dog hater...VICK VICK VICK VICK VICK...

Linky

and how many consecutive winning seasons did the falcons have with vick at the helm?

answer: 0

how many SB did the falcons reach with vick at the helm?

answer: 0

I think you know where I stand on Vick....

Top Email

As of just one week ago, we were seeing more and more speculation that there would not be a trade involving Michael Vick this offseason. When the Philadelphia Eagles traded Donovan McNabb last weekend, there was more thought that this action pretty much sealed the (non-)deal.

However, in a column published Friday, Paul Domowitch of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that the Eagles are still trying to trade No. 7. Domowitch opines that coach Andy Reid "doesn't have a lot of faith" in Vick running the Eagles' offense, and the team needs a reliable fallback option behind Kevin Kolb; therefore, he thinks the team might target a reliable veteran like Marc Bulger. As we know, Bulger would prefer a team where he'd have a chance to start, but we're unsure how long he'll stick with that notion.

Delving back into the Vick files, the Buffalo Bills and Oakland Raiders have to be considered the front-runners to trade for him. For the Bills, Vick could be a dangerous weapon in Chan Gailey's spread offense whereas for the Raiders, most QBs with starting experience would be an upgrade over their situation.

B-):) 'Nuff said.

We haven't drafted Clausen or Tebow yet and even if we do, Vick would be a good option to have while they are groomed and as another offensive weapon. Gailey would be one of the better coaches for Vick and as you've seen, we have a bottom 5 offense. We NEED to upgrade our QB's. Not just the starter, but the backup as well. People say fitz is a 'backup' qb...yeah that's right, which means he shouldn't be starting in the NFL. So why have him? Trent...lol Trent. Brohm is a project 3rd stringer. People that HATE the thought of Vick must not watch every Bills game. If they do, they're probably just a racist or was a canine in a past life. Vicks gives our team a better chance to move the ball than our current options

Its the same 2 or 3 asshol*es saying the same dumb sh*t about vick coming to the bills...geez just get over it its retarded you fools are like lil bitc*es....

Im still for mike coming here i think he will because if kolb blows in his first 5 games those philly fans are gonna eat eagles management alive and want mike in the game. Thats how they are and it wont allow for kolb to grow as a qb (even tho i think he sucks). So they will trade mick, ill give a 4 or 5 for mike or ill trade whitner thats it...He'll put fans in the seat even if some people wanna take the "we like dogs more than humans" route and not buy tickets cuz he plays for the bills. People will wanna see if he has that magic still. But if he wins or dare i say when he wins they will be crawling back. Watch and you shall see..

Why not get vick and draft tebow. Hell tim wont be ready for bout 3 or 4 years anyway. That would a cool wildcat or trick play scheme im pretty sure chan "fu*king" gailey can create a play with mike, marshawn, fred, tim and lee all on the same field together thats has big play written all over it...lol..

Its the same 2 asshol*es saying the same dumb **** about vick coming to the bills...geez just get over it its retarded you two are like lil bitc*es....

FACT: vick has never led a team to back to back winning seasons

FACT: Vick Never took the falcons to the SB

What about those two factual scenarios is dumb?

Excuse me if I would prefer somebody who is consistently winning, instead of a flash in the pan player that can't get it done a a year to year basis.

Top Email

B-):) 'Nuff said.

Hope not!! I want them to draft a QB that has realistic chances of being a starter. He can be our #2 that's fine even though I don't care for him. Anything to get T. Edwards out of here!!!

FACT: vick has never led a team to back to back winning seasons

FACT: Vick Never took the falcons to the SB

What about those two factual scenarios is dumb?

Excuse me if I would prefer somebody who is consistently winning, instead of a flash in the pan player that can't get it done a a year to year basis.

ok here dumb a*s ill do this one time and one time only...

FACT: He was the only qb to beat farve in lambeau in the playoffs under 20 degrees

FACT: He went to pro bowls

FACT: He took them to the NFC championchip game

FACT: He had shi*ty receivers

FACT: He had the highest selling jersey 2 years in a row (marketing)

FACT: His highlights were always the best

FACT: He has a strong arm and qb rushing records

Now to crush your statements...

Marino went to 1 superbowl his whole life didn't win, but he still a hall of famer. Kelly went to 4 and didnt win any but he still a hall of famer. Point being those two went yea BUT DIDN'T WIN. So your ok with going to the superbowl and not winning? Trent dilfer went to the superbowl because of his defense not cuz he was a good qb same with brad johnson. So u say he never took the falcons to the Superbowl to say what exactly...

Just because you have back to back winning seasons that makes you a good QB. So what if your whole defense gets injured and nobody cant be stopped. But the qb puts up 34 points a game but the defense gives up 44 thats the qb fault to huh?

thats food for thought you do the dishes...

You are the weakest link GOOD BYE...

FACT: He was the only first qb to beat farve in lambeau in the playoffs under 20 degrees

FACT: He went to pro bowls-- Big deal, its a popularity contest, thats the argument with peters right??

FACT: He took them to the NFC championchip game--good for him

FACT: He had shi*ty receivers--the same recievers matt ryan had that look just fine now?? awesome argument

FACT: He had the highest selling jersey 2 years in a row (marketing)--now there's a good point, unfortunately, thats not the case nowadays

FACT: His highlights were always the best, very true, he had some sick highlights

FACT: He has a strong arm and qb rushing records--also true, however, he couldnt hit an open receiver to save his life, check the Comp %, he's bottom 1/3 among starters

So u say he never took the falcons to the Superbowl to say what exactly...

Just because you have back to back winning seasons that makes you a good QB. So what if your whole defense gets injured and nobody cant be stopped. But the qb puts up 34 points a game but the defense gives up 44 thats the qb fault to huh?

When has an entire defense ever gotten hurt in 1 yr????

What I am saying is that the "magic" you speak of that Vick supposedly has is a myth, its the same factual argument many others have made, his accuracy sucked, he was never a consistent winner, those two things have nothing to do with him being a scumbag

where as my personal view on vick is subjective, the FACT that he never won consistently and has always had questionable accuracy, not to mention the diminished skills potential in terms of his scrambling ability are legitimate reasons to Not want Vick in town as our Qb.

Now is marketability was, as you so aptly pointed out, his biggest strength, however, you may be hard pressed to find 1/10th the amount of people (outside of buffalo) willing to buy his jersey post-conviction.

FACT: He was the only qb to beat farve in lambeau in the playoffs under 20 degrees

Marino went to 1 superbowl his whole life didn't win, but he still a hall of famer. Kelly went to 4 and didnt win any but he still a hall of famer. Point being those two went yea BUT DIDN'T WIN. So your ok with going to the superbowl and not winning? Trent dilfer went to the superbowl because of his defense not cuz he was a good qb same with brad johnson. So u say he never took the falcons to the Superbowl to say what exactly...

ROFL, this is the best joke post I've seen on these boards.

Favre was getting old

So did B word-Mode Marshawn Lynch

That's a fair statement, but defenses eventially learned how to sit on the run and make him beat them through the air, it didn't work out too well for him

They might not have seemed so bad if he could deliver the ball. He's got a rocket arm but has no accuracy. Even with garbage receivers a good QB will make plays. How many guys has Brett Favre made look good (Bill Schroder comes to mind).

How many games will that win for you?

That's true

Trent Dilfer's the man

It's not the QBs fault when the opposing offense puts up a lot of points. It is the QBs fault when his errant passes consistently miss the mark

Bravo that was great.........These funny fans would rather take a chance and Waste a draft pick on clausen, tebow (delivery that had to be changed a month before draft who was terrible on his wonderlick and has to be worked with for years because he isnt ready) or weak arm brittle colt mccoy from Texas( you might as well keep T.E.) or Jason Campell (who put fear in no one) enough said. This draft focus on Defense / O.line to make it dominant get Vick cheap which will put fear in the AFC east and if he dont work out at least one side of the Ball will be fortified. Next year QB draft class would have Bradford the 3rd best QB. So if we need a QB get it next year.

Bravo that was great.........These funny fans would rather take a chance and Waste a draft pick on clausen, tebow (delivery that had to be changed a month before draft who was terrible on his wonderlick and has to be worked with for years because he isnt ready) or weak arm brittle colt mccoy from Texas( you might as well keep T.E.) or Jason Campell (who put fear in no one) enough said. This draft focus on Defense / O.line to make it dominant get Vick cheap which will put fear in the AFC east and if he dont work out at least one side of the Ball will be fortified. Next year QB draft class would have Bradford the 3rd best QB. So if we need a QB get it next year.

You didn't watch much of Colt's career, did you? For all of his faults, he's not injury prone.

I think he is Marshawn...

I am coming to a similar guess myself. That sucks in a whole lot of ways as it demonstrates:

• Colleges just let football players pass classes (read his posts, close to being functionally illiterate)
  • Marshawn is racist in addition to being very similar to a common thug
  • He cannot evaluate players (can't grasp that Vick wasn't very good), so his commitment to the NFL seems tenuous at best

When has an entire defense ever gotten hurt in 1 yr????

What I am saying is that the "magic" you speak of that Vick supposedly has is a myth, its the same factual argument many others have made, his accuracy sucked, he was never a consistent winner, those two things have nothing to do with him being a scumbag

where as my personal view on vick is subjective, the FACT that he never won consistently and has always had questionable accuracy, not to mention the diminished skills potential in terms of his scrambling ability are legitimate reasons to Not want Vick in town as our Qb.

really what has tebow ( no accuracy) , clausen (J.P. Losman demeanor) , campbell (won as much as TE), Bulger really Bulger. Fact is no QB that we are about to attain has won based on your definition. Fact is Vick Right Now put more fear in defenses than any one of your wishes x10.

Now is marketability was, as you so aptly pointed out, his biggest strength, however, you may be hard pressed to find 1/10th the amount of people (outside of buffalo) willing to buy his jersey post-conviction.

Vick jersey will sell off the shelves once he starts. He will do the things that our other choices will never be able to do n their dreams . Do you think Kordell Stewart was a better passer than Vick or better Passer. No he isnt but he was still feared. That is what Chan Gailey wants in a QB. He wants a QB that will put the fear in the Defenses. How do you think Opposing Defenses' is going to Rush us with Vick back there compared to any of your choices ? . They dont want to be Vicks highlight reel meaning they will be passive compared to any one you think should go back there.

You didn't watch much of Colt's career, did you? For all of his faults, he's not injury prone.

Of course I watch Texas play , with all that talent he havent won crap and him trying to throw in the NORTH EAST , Buffalo weather Winter you can forget about it . Texas players are generally mentally weak except maybe ORAKPO

Vick would be an upgrade over what we have.

Say what you will about dog killer and all of that. I understand the issues with him as a person. But there is no doubt in my mind that he would be an upgrade over what we have.

So, take a criminal for a marginal improvement at QB? I mean c'mon if he was a great QB, I can almost see it. Sell your pride, integrity, and humanity for a SB win...I can almost see that. But he wasn't.

here another FACT: Rob Johnson went to TB as a back up and won a superbowl (even tho he didnt play LOL)

Vick might be the most improvement for the buck this team could make this offseason. By draft day he might be had for a mid or late round pick or a player. I must admit, I am kind of intrigued by the possibility of a run oriented spread offense. Early adopters to new strategy tend to see the most benefit and I think our opponents in the AFC East are built defensively to stop the pass so it would give us a chance to sneak up on them.

Don't bother convincing me about what an evil human being he is, I root for the laundry. He did the crime, did his time and I eat the flesh of mistreated/tortured animals on a daily basis so I don't feel I have the right to exclude him from society.

It would also be nice to add Gaither. I don't know if I would part with our second for Gaither, he is a free agent and the cost to re-sign him offsets some of his value. But maybe a pick acquired in trade, or a player and a later pick, or a conditional pick in next years' draft. I have a suspicion on draft day that teams are going to want to hold onto their picks rather than trade for a free agent to be.

It would be heartening to see the Bills be aggressive and for a change be the team that is getting VALUE on draft day and thru trades. And I'm not talking about trading a third rounder and a second rounder to reach up for a need at the end of round 1.

Last year at this time I felt that the Jets were about as bad as the Bills. No QB. No playmakers on the outside. Marginal defensive talent(which Ryan molded into an outstanding Raven-style 3-4 unit). But on draft day they got creative. Got their QB of the present and a workhorse RB and those two pieces totally changed the dynamic of their team. The one thing they really had going for them at the end of 2008 was their OL, which they had great investment of draft picks and dollars in.

The Bills don't have that OL in place, but IMO, they have an opportunity to put a winning team on the field next year and long term if they win on draft day. Trade out of that ninth pick. Get more talent. Avoid that big rookie payout and the potential for a Maybin-esque holdout turning your top draft picks' season into a complete washout again.

Vick is just not the direction the Bills need to go... and as someone already said: if the Bills wanted him, they would have him already. Not to mention the Eagles paid him his bonus and probably need Vick themselves.

The Bills have to be looking at a 3 year plan at this point. Vick's skill set always erodes from this age forward... not to mention his skill set does not benefit from that much time in lock-up.

I think the world of McNabb too, but I didnt want the Bills to wast picks on him for pretty much the same reasons. By the time the Bills can build a good core, especially in the trenches, McNabb will be over the hill.

FACT: Vick looks like a washed-up, third string quarterback, at best.

OPEN your eyes.

Hope you're right about that. I don't want that POS dog killer on the Bills.

Agreed.

I would not want him to so much as get near the gate let alone be admitted to the stadium.

Question: if the article is not speculation and in some sort of dream world is based in fact: if Andy Reid does not think Vick capable, why would we want him?

What, Reid is not as good a judge of talent? We want other peoples garbage?

No thanks.

Really...When Vick beat Favre in Lambeau he was getting old? hehehehe...that's funny...he was a game away from the SB this past season...something tells me he still "got it" heheheh

Trent Dilfer is tha man though...hehehehehehehhehehehehehhehhe...

Vick needs to get to Buffalo and do what Kordell Steward wasn't good enough to do...run Chan Gailey's offense all the way to the SB...