The great and the ugly.

ICE

Sorry folks I loved the win, but I am as always objective.

(Note: If you want the 'crusade' to end...tell the QB)

First off, we just beat Seattles asses. We now have 'A' road win. Good to finally get one!

Best damn playcalling on offense in 3 years. Honestly, it was the best playcalling across the board on offense. The 4th and 1 play is the play of the year to date. good job Clements.(The OC Clements)

Sigh....here goes....

I said 'If we put it in bledsoes hands we lose, if we don't and put it in McGahee and the D's hands we win' Seems I was right. Folks...we won this game in spite of Drew Bledsoe. 3 more ill advised and crappy picks. AGAIN Great pocket. AGAIN all the time in the world. Over, under, behind throws.

Good for us Seattle can't catch a cold let alone a ball. Very easy the score could have been 17-10 Seattle at the half. But hey, that is why they play the games.

WM and LE have a very bright future in the NFL and for the Bills. Amazing what Evans can do when thrown to more than twice a game.

WM was just the bomb today folks. Ties a couple others at #2 for most TD's in a game for the Bills. I think somone said this guy doesn't have speed? Mighty fast on the 30 yard TD. Besides, I will take a POWER Back over some scat back any day.

Good job by the D, but no pressure on Seattle until late in the game. Kinda dissapointed there.

all in all a good game. Nice to hang a large score on the road like this. We still have one major problem with this team....and it isn't the OL.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, we just beat Seattles asses. We now have 'A' road win.  Good to finally get one!

Best damn playcalling on offense in 3 years. Honestly, it was the best playcalling across the board on offense. The 4th and 1 play is the play of the year to date. good job Clements.(The OC Clements)

Sigh....here goes....

I said 'If we put it in bledsoes hands we lose, if we don't and put it in McGahee and the D's hands we win'  Seems I was right.  Folks...we won this game in spite of Drew Bledsoe. 3 more ill advised and crappy picks. AGAIN Great pocket. AGAIN all the time in the world. Over, under, behind throws. 

Good for us Seattle can't catch a cold let alone a ball. Very easy the score could have been 17-10 Seattle at the half.  But hey, that is why they play the games.

WM and LE have a very bright future in the NFL and for the Bills. Amazing what Evans can do when thrown to more than twice a game.

WM was just the bomb today folks. Ties a couple others at #2 for most TD's in a game for the Bills. I think somone said this guy doesn't have speed?  Mighty fast on the 30 yard TD. Besides, I will take a POWER Back over some scat back any day.

Good job by the D, but no pressure on Seattle until late in the game. Kinda dissapointed there.

all in all a good game. Nice to hang a large score on the road like this. We still have one major problem with this team....and it isn't the OL.

136636[/snapback]

Well said an on the money!

I said 6 weeks agao that Evans should be getting the ball a whole lot more. I said a few weeks ago that he's our BEST WR! Guess what, I aint backing down! Moulds continues to go down on the first hit and doesnt get quiet as open as he once did. Evans makes Moulds better!

Anyone who thinks a QB who throws that poorly can win a SB for us is seriously smoking Stadium Wall. Aint gonna happen. Last week I took tons of flack for saying that Bledsoe was off the mark on every throw. Well today, the DB's turned around and caught the ball...3 times! Guess what, It aint gonna stop because he is only getting worse! We have just committed the ultimate fluke in winning a game when giving up 3 INT's!

This is not our bright future but a desperate grasp at the sinking present!

I think you can give Drew a game ball today too, despite 3 picks. It wasn't until the 2nd half that WM picked up steam. We built the lead on Drew's arm in the first half. The picks were almost a byproduct of a mad passing attack.

Drew is starting to look like the Bledsoe of early 2002. Could he be finally waking from a 2+ year coma? Is Sam Wyche finally making a difference? Also, if DB continues on a tear, is he the QB for 2005? You can't judge much from JP Losman's two appearances, but to me he just does not look ready to start.

PTR

First off, we just beat Seattles asses. We now have 'A' road win.  Good to finally get one!

Sigh....here goes....

I said 'If we put it in bledsoes hands we lose, if we don't and put it in McGahee and the D's hands we win'  Seems I was right.  Folks...we won this game in spite of Drew Bledsoe. 3 more ill advised and crappy picks. AGAIN Great pocket. AGAIN all the time in the world. Over, under, behind throws. 

Good for us Seattle can't catch a cold let alone a ball. Very easy the score could have been 17-10 Seattle at the half.  But hey, that is why they play the games.

WM was just the bomb today folks. Ties a couple others at #2 for most TD's in a game for the Bills. I think somone said this guy doesn't have speed?  Mighty fast on the 30 yard TD. Besides, I will take a POWER Back over some scat back any day.

136636[/snapback]

LOL, jesus, no friggin way.

Bledsoe had a great game today. While he threw three picks, he threw them while he was trying to make plays. Today, FINALLY, he was a playmaker. He made good throws. He made tough throws. He also, managed the team well. His picks weren't his normal, dumb-assed, I'm gonna get sacked picks. They were of Drew trying to make plays downfield.....kind of Kelly-esque I would say. He made a few bad decisions, but he also played on hell of a game. If we get that from him every week, this team would romp a lot of people.

His mistakes were aggressive today, which was nice. He finally played with some swagger. I like that. He also looked like he had confidence. He made mistakes today, but he also came right back and lead the team with confidence.

I'm not sure what the hell you saw, but Bledsoe was FINALLY a playmaker today. And we need him to have that confidence until we are officially eliminated.

Pick on Drew about his last two seasons, don't pick on him today!

Nice job today Drew. And damn our special teams are the SHIZZAT!!!

I said 'If we put it in bledsoes hands we lose, if we don't and put it in McGahee and the D's hands we win' Seems I was right. Folks...we won this game in spite of Drew Bledsoe. 3 more ill advised and crappy picks. AGAIN Great pocket. AGAIN all the time in the world. Over, under, behind throws.

Good thing that's not the fuggin gameplan then, right sparky?

99.9% of this board realizes that the team is not being put on Bledsoe's shoulders. The Bills aren't about Bledsoe. He's just another cog in the machine, that's it. The .1% who haven't gotten this yet continue with their retarded crusades.

I agree ICE...

Bledsoe's role on this team is to run the Mularkey offense and stay out of the way of it. This is not a put down of Drew, but if he's at his worse when he tries to do too much. Mularkey's stated goal from Day One has been to take pressure off of Drew.

The defense DID negate Drew's 3 INT's, even intercepting one back on the following drive.

At 5-6, Buffalo has a shot, not a big one, but one nevertheless... so ICE, do you think that Drew should be taken out for JPL when JPL is 100% healthy, or should the Bills keep winning with Drew (won 4 out of 5 with 5 games to go)?

I think Drew had 5 bad throws all game. The 3 INT's and then 2 overthrown. But the other 25 completions were RIGHT ON THE MONEY. Look at the last 2 minutes in the first half. He was throwing LASERS right into the stomach of Moulds and Evans and that TD pass was a beauty. So give him his due.

I agree ICE...

Bledsoe's role on this team is to run the Mularkey offense and stay out of the way of it.  This is not a put down of Drew, but if he's at his worse when he tries to do too much. Mularkey's stated goal from Day One has been to take pressure off of Drew.

The defense DID negate Drew's 3 INT's, even intercepting one back on the following drive.

At 5-6, Buffalo has a shot, not a big one, but one nevertheless... so ICE, do you think that Drew should be taken out for JPL when JPL is 100% healthy, or should the Bills keep winning with Drew (won 4 out of 5 with 5 games to go)?

136688[/snapback]

Dont ask him that. ICE would want JP to start even if the Bills were 11-0.

Anyone who thinks a QB who throws that poorly can win a SB for us is seriously smoking Stadium Wall. Aint gonna happen.

136648[/snapback]

Perhaps the greatest tribute to Bledsoe's play is that folks complaining about him have now fallen back to citing him as a QB who can never win the SB for us. Wow, just 2 weeks ago it was that he could never win a game for us and last week he will never win a road game for us. With progress like this the sky's the limit.

Look, JP is clearly the QB of the future, but his delay of game call shows that clearly the future ain't now. I have no complaints about Bledsoe's work today because though his flaws were real and important we put up 38 points with those flaws.

If you're waiting for Bledsoe to be John Elway, I agree with you he ain,t Elway, Montana or any of he greatest QBs ever. However, he clearly showed today that he can bea good seat warmer for our QB of the future, doing his part in road victories which allow JP to get the playing time he needs for his development in mop-up time.

I have no problem with that whatsoever and in fact as a Bills fan I'm pretty happy about it.

Sigh....here goes....

136636[/snapback]

Continually finding ways to discredit Bledsoe's efforts just to justify your brilliant prognostications...didn't put it in Bledsoe's hands.. (275yards 70% pass completion)makes you look like a political spinmeister when his guy is down by 15% in the polls.

It's getting very hard to take you seriously as you pray for Bledsoe mistakes.

I said 'If we put it in bledsoes hands we lose, if we don't and put it in McGahee and the D's hands we win'  Seems I was right.  Folks...we won this game in spite of Drew Bledsoe.

ICE, you're being a complete lunatic again. Bledsoe, despite his three interception game (of which Kelly had a fair number of those as well) CARRIED the offense; the defense and special teams were great as well, but Bledsoe carried the offense.

Unlike you, I will actually offer PROOF instead of rhetoric.

Here's our first 5 scoring drives. The first number is the number of yards, the second number in parens is the number of attemps/rushes.

First TD drive:

Passing - 34 (4)

Rushing - 3 (2)

Passing - 16 (2)

Rushing - 7 (2)

Total: Passing 6/50, Rushing 4/10 (Score 7-0_

FG drive 1:

Rushing - 2 (1)

Passing - 37 (2)

Rushing - 3 (1)

Passing - 13 (1)

Rushing - 2 (1)

Passing - 5 (2)

FG

Total: Passing 5/55, Rushing 3/7 (Score 10-0)

TD drive 2:

Rushing - 24 (3)

Passing - 45 (7)

Total: Passing 7/45, Rushing 3/24 (Score 17-3; note that spiked balls are not included in passing attempts, nor are plays called back due to penalty). Note the *7* straight passes that gave us a TD (more if you count spikes, but as I said above, I didn't).

TD drive 3: (VERY nice balance, but not much yardage on the ground).

Rushing - 3 (1)

Passing - 8 (1)

Rushing - 0 (1)

Passing - 11 (1)

Rushing - 1 (1)

Passing - 0 (1)

Rushing - 3 (2) * Note one rush on reverse

Passing - 18 (1)

Rushing - 2 (1)

Total: Passing 4/37, Rushing 6/9 (Score: 24-3). So our QB led us to a 24-3 lead, and our running game has 50 yards... But that's not due to the QB at all? :doh:

TD Drive 4:

Rushing - 5 (2)

Passing - 33 (4)

Rushing - 30 (1) * Long lateral throw

Total: Passing 4/33, Rushing 3/35 (Score: 31-3); however, the 30 yard TD run was just as much the QB as it was the RB, as that was the 4th and 1 lateral to WM in which the ball was thrown to the sideline.

So how exactly did Bledsoe not play well? Yes, he threw 3 picks, but if I recall they were all deep in Seattle territory anyway -- same as if he had to punt (drive starts at Seattle 42, Seattle 20, and Seattle 29).

So please ICE, tell me how these stats don't show that Bledsoe carried the offense?

CW

Perhaps the greatest tribute to Bledsoe's play is that folks complaining about him have now fallen back to citing him as a QB who can never win the SB for us.  Wow, just 2 weeks ago it was that he could never win a game for us and last week he will never win a road game for us.  With progress like this the sky's the limit.

Look, JP is clearly the QB of the future, but his delay of game call shows that clearly the future ain't now.  I have no complaints about Bledsoe's work today because though his flaws were real and important we put up 38 points with those flaws.

If you're waiting for Bledsoe to be John Elway, I agree with you he ain,t Elway, Montana or any of he greatest QBs ever.  However, he clearly showed today that he can bea good seat warmer for our QB of the future, doing his part in road victories which allow JP to get the playing time he needs for his development in mop-up time.

I have no problem with that whatsoever and in fact as a Bills fan I'm pretty happy about it.

136712[/snapback]

thank you for that post. for crissake, we just beat the bejeezus out of a team picked by many to represent the NFC in the super bowl...in their building...by 29 points. i'm pretty friggin' happy. :doh:

ZZZZZZZZ......ZZZZZZZZ.....

ZZZZZZZZ......HMMM, uhhh, what?

Oh, yes of course...   :doh:

ZZZZZZZZZ........

136658[/snapback]

ZZZZZ??

I like recaps that just dont have the rosy sunglasses on and looks at ALL angels of the game, not just the great ones.

I enjoyed the recap ICE and agree with a lot you said

Yeah, because I would've hated to win the game 38-16. :doh:

CW

Good for us Seattle can't catch a cold let alone a ball. Very easy the score could have been 17-10 Seattle at the half. But hey, that is why they play the games.

136636[/snapback]

[/quote

Let's see, they would have won if their receivers could catch, but when the Bills receivers drop balls and they lose, its the QB fault.

I guess I am just going to have to take a course in how to direct blame. Anyone know of any on-line universities that might offer that. B)