The great and the ugly.

ICE

ICE, you're being a complete lunatic again.  Bledsoe, despite his three interception game (of which Kelly had a fair number of those as well) CARRIED the offense; the defense and special teams were great as well, but Bledsoe carried the offense.

Unlike you, I will actually offer PROOF instead of rhetoric.

Here's our first 5 scoring drives.  The first number is the number of yards, the second number in parens is the number of attemps/rushes.

First TD drive:

Passing - 34 (4)

Rushing - 3 (2)

Passing - 16 (2)

Rushing - 7 (2)

Total: Passing 6/50, Rushing 4/10 (Score 7-0_

FG drive 1:

Rushing - 2 (1)

Passing - 37 (2)

Rushing - 3 (1)

Passing - 13 (1)

Rushing - 2 (1)

Passing - 5 (2)

FG

Total: Passing 5/55, Rushing 3/7 (Score 10-0)

TD drive 2:

Rushing - 24 (3)

Passing - 45 (7)

Total: Passing 7/45, Rushing 3/24 (Score 17-3; note that spiked balls are not included in passing attempts, nor are plays called back due to penalty).  Note the *7* straight passes that gave us a TD (more if you count spikes, but as I said above, I didn't).

TD drive 3: (VERY nice balance, but not much yardage on the ground).

Rushing - 3 (1)

Passing - 8 (1)

Rushing - 0 (1)

Passing - 11 (1)

Rushing - 1 (1)

Passing - 0 (1)

Rushing - 3 (2) * Note one rush on reverse

Passing - 18 (1)

Rushing - 2 (1)

Total: Passing 4/37, Rushing 6/9 (Score: 24-3).  So our QB led us to a 24-3 lead, and our running game has 50 yards...  But that's not due to the QB at all? :doh:

TD Drive 4:

Rushing - 5 (2)

Passing - 33 (4)

Rushing - 30 (1) * Long lateral throw

Total: Passing 4/33, Rushing 3/35 (Score: 31-3); however, the 30 yard TD run was just as much the QB as it was the RB, as that was the 4th and 1 lateral to WM in which the ball was thrown to the sideline.

So how exactly did Bledsoe not play well?  Yes, he threw 3 picks, but if I recall they were all deep in Seattle territory anyway -- same as if he had to punt (drive starts at Seattle 42, Seattle 20, and Seattle 29).

So please ICE, tell me how these stats don't show that Bledsoe carried the offense? 

CW

136731[/snapback]

Fezzer,

Bledsoe was very good today. He was actually a playmaker today. Anyone who knows anything about football knows this. Like I said earlier.....Bledsoe's INT's today were Kelly-esque, where he was actually trying to make plays downfield AGGRESIVELY. And then, to his credit, he came back on the field, and didn't hang his head, but kept the pressure on by making even more plays.

For a QB that seemed to be losing confidence, my hat goes off to Drew today. He sucked it up, and if for only one week (hopefully not) was exciting again.

Way to go Drew!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So 3 INT's and Bledsoe carried this offense? Christ you guys honest to God have no clue.

but hey, that's cool. It really is sad when some of us can look at this team and see all but one aspect of it improve. The single aspect that has cost us a shot at the AFC East title and possibly the playoffs.

What is even worse is no matter how good this team does, Bledsoe is going to be the single factor that keeps us from being the team we can be. And we will NEVER win a superbowl with him. The last time I checked, winning a superbowl is our goal.

It's funny, we have the only fans in the NFL that thinks a 3 int game is a good thing.

So 3 INT's and Bledsoe carried this offense? Christ you guys honest to God have no clue.

but hey, that's cool.  It really is sad when some of us can look at this team and see all but one aspect of it improve. The single aspect that has cost us a shot at the AFC East title and possibly the playoffs.

What is even worse is no matter how good this team does, Bledsoe is going to be the single factor that keeps us from being the team we can be. And we will NEVER win a superbowl with him.  The last time I checked, winning a superbowl is our goal.

It's funny, we have the only fans in the NFL that thinks a 3 int game is a good thing.

136808[/snapback]

I take three INTs every game if we score 38 points a game. I think I'd be quite happy with that, but that's just me.

but hey, that's cool.  It really is sad when some of us can look at this team and see all but one aspect of it improve. The single aspect that has cost us a shot at the AFC East title and possibly the playoffs.

What is even worse is no matter how good this team does, Bledsoe is going to be the single factor that keeps us from being the team we can be. And we will NEVER win a superbowl with him.  The last time I checked, winning a superbowl is our goal.

136808[/snapback]

1.) You are the one that said the game was not put in Bledsoe's hands, but McGahee's, despite the 26 pass attempts (198 yds) vs 13 McGahee runs (41 yds) in the 1st half (when we had secured the victory).

2.) Seattle's average for turnovers is nearly 3/game. The interceptions all gave Seattle no worse field position than they would have had after a punt return. I know, you will cling to those three ints, and hold them close to your heart, as they are your "precious." Are 3 ints good? No! Did he (and the rest of the offense) make up for it? Yes. Even if Seattle scored TD's on each of the ensuing drives, we had enough points to beat them (yes, even if we subtract the 3Q TD drive that we had when we got the ball back 2 plays later). That's how well he, and the offense, did.

3.) "It really is sad when some of us can look at this team and see all but one aspect of it improve. The single aspect that has cost us a shot at the AFC East title and possibly the playoffs." So you're saying we would have no fewer than 3 wins (having swept the Pats) with Shane Matthews at the helm? :blush: If that were the case, then I guess they wouldn't have bothered benching Henry for McGahee, which would have hindered McGahee's development....Oh, and I guess Josh Reed and Sam Aiken would be in there instead of Evans....Smith would be entrenched at LG....

Yes, he threw 3 picks, but if I recall they were all deep in Seattle territory anyway -- same as if he had to punt

Yeah, exactly like punts.

Except for that little thingie where people usually don't punt on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down while in their opponent's territory.

But aside from that, they were just kinda sorta like punts......... :blush:

ICE and Simon are right. I mean, how could the Bills NOT score 47-59 points, instead of just 38?! How could Bledsoe just complete 67.6% of his passes instead of 70%? And I'm sure in some alternate universe the Bills' defense gave up MORE than 38 points to the Seahawks, and as a result the Bills lost. No, the 4-60+ yard scoring drives Bledsoe DIDN'T manage to fug up (in addition to the 51 and 15 yard drives) meant nothing because he threw 3 INT's. Bench him and bring in Losman. I'm sure he won't throw an INT ever.

ICE and Simon are right.  I mean, how could the Bills NOT score 47-59 points, instead of just 38?!  How could Bledsoe just complete 67.6% of his passes instead of 70%?  And I'm sure in some alternate universe the Bills' defense gave up MORE than 38 points to the Seahawks, and as a result the Bills lost.  No, the 4-60+ yard scoring drives Bledsoe DIDN'T manage to fug up (in addition to the 51 and 15 yard drives) meant nothing because he threw 3 INT's.  Bench him and bring in Losman.  I'm sure he won't throw an INT ever.

136951[/snapback]

Yeah MadBuff, that's exactly what I said.

I was commenting on the absurdity of the posters comparison of those picks to punts. I made no comment on Bledsoe or his play today.

But don't let that stop you from bringing my name up and putting words in my mouth to further your agenda.

Cya

My sole commentary on Bledsoe's play today

I was commenting on the absurdity of the posters comparison of those picks to punts. I  made no comment on Bledsoe or his play today.

But don't let that stop you from bringing my name up and putting words in my mouth to further your agenda.

Cya

136957[/snapback]

C'mon, you know you want to lick Bledsoe's crack. Join the club! :blush:

C'mon, you know you want to lick Bledsoe's crack. Join the club!

Damn, it's getting to be that no matter what you say one of these Bledsoe junkies has just got to turn it into whatever it is they want to see. Could be time for a Bledsoe board.

And any club that would deign to have the likes of me as a member.............. :blush:

Damn, it's getting to be that no matter what you say one of these Bledsoe junkies has just got to turn it into whatever it is they want to see. Could be time for a Bledsoe board.

And any club that would deign to have the likes of me as a member.............. :blush:

136962[/snapback]

They're just fighting back against the fradulant and mediocre bashers. Guys like you and I get hit with the flak from the blasts.

I was commenting on the absurdity of the posters comparison of those picks to punts. I  made no comment on Bledsoe or his play today.

Cya

My sole commentary on Bledsoe's play today

Sorry Simon. If you didn't mean to bash Bledsoe for his "lousy" play today, I apologize. As for my "agenda," it's to cheer for my team, not go on a crusade.