What do you think of the FRONT OFFICE so far?

Front office  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new Front Office so far?

• Going in right Direction
    • Have nt done anything yet
    • Seem Clueless
    • Waiting for draft to decide
    • Other-Write in

I like the fact they recognized we needed a Qb and went for the best one available (d.mcnabb) Like the espn article said, its not their (Front office) fault that Mcnabb would not sign an extension if traded to Buffalo

And I am very interested to see what we do in the draft. That number 9 pick is gonna be tough, cause now Claussen may be available

I like the fact they recognized we needed a Qb and went for the best one available (d.mcnabb) Like the espn article said, its not their (Front office) fault that Mcnabb would not sign an extension if traded to Buffalo

And I am very interested to see what we do in the draft. That number 9 pick is gonna be tough, cause now Claussen may be available

I think it's pretty damn tough to overcome all these years of ineptitude and negativity in such a short time. They need more time to change the perception of the organization through results. We'll really have to wait to "see the baby" as Buddy Nix said. Like all tortured Bills fans, I'm definitely hoping for the best moving forward.

Time tells no lies, we shall see.

I like the FA moves so far and the fact they seem to be involved in trade talks. That said, we need to wait for the draft (where we truly won't have results for 3 years) and this season to see how Gailey does as a coach. So I'm very encouraged but there's still a long way to go.

i voted Other, because im currently at a combination of "Going in right direction" and "Waiting for the draft to decide" since the draft will give us the best indication of their plan and how they enact it.

i like that they wanted McNabb, but didnt overspend on him. it's tough to judge a new FO by free agency because we dont know everything theyve tried to do. I'm excited to see how they build through the draft...

I love what they are doing. You build great teams through the DRAFT, not in Free agency. We are no where close to being ready to try and bring in big names, and we couldn't if we wanted to till we were more competitive.

I love what they are doing and am willing to give them time

I love what they are doing. You build great teams through the DRAFT, not in Free agency. We are no where close to being ready to try and bring in big names, and we couldn't if we wanted to till we were more competitive.

If Buddy is "going to build through the draft" why did he make an offer for McNabb?

If Buddy is "going to build through the draft" why did he make an offer for McNabb?

He did it for a good stop gap QB. It usually takes a QB 2-3 years to develope, and McNabb would only play for another 2-3 years, so we can assume. You still draft a young QB let him sit and learn behind a talented knowledgable QB then start him when he is ready.

How many QB's have been ruined by being thrown into the mix to early? No one knows

Way to early to tell. They really haven't done anything impressive or anything that is blatantly dumb, just journeyman moves so far. With the shape this organization is in, and I am not one who was happy with the hirings, but you have to give them at least a couple years to see how a few drafts and free agent signings pan out. This survey is kinda like grading a car you bought before you take it off of the dealer's lot.

I don't think Clausen will be available. I think that Washington only wants McNabb for a short time to get a new QB ready. Watch them take him with their pick.

Shanahan might with Clausen for 2 days and immediately traded for McNabb. They have a terrible oline and need to protect their new invest. Okung is a no brainer there. Shanahan doesn't want Clausen.

He did it for a good stop gap QB. It usually takes a QB 2-3 years to develope, and McNabb would only play for another 2-3 years, so we can assume. You still draft a young QB let him sit and learn behind a talented knowledgable QB then start him when he is ready.

How many QB's have been ruined by being thrown into the mix to early? No one knows

I'm with you on that---was just tossing it out to the "all problems will be solved in the draft, so sit tight for the next 3 years" crew.

I judge success by wins and losses. I don't care that they TRIED to get McNabb. What I care about is the product they put on the field this fall. If it stinks (most likely) than I'll be complaining like I have for ten plus years now. If they do well Buddy Nix is my hero. But I am not going to judge them in April before I've seen the finished product.

I like the FA moves so far and the fact they seem to be involved in trade talks. That said, we need to wait for the draft (where we truly won't have results for 3 years) and this season to see how Gailey does as a coach. So I'm very encouraged but there's still a long way to go.
naa, we will know on draft day if they did OK or not. Just like the Donte Whitner / John McCargo year in 06...last years draft and Jauron's failure to address the left tackle position after they traded away Jason Peters.

The FA's they brought in appear to be bandaids to me, still looking for that premier left tackle and really good right tackle.

The fact that Donavon McNabb was offered a contract extension and turned down Buffalo is along the same lines as Shanahan and Cowher being sought after and they end up with Chan Gailey.

I'm somewhat skeptical at this point, we will all know by the end of the month. :thumbsup:

I believe that we finally have a plan, a direction, AND qualified, proven people that know how to BUILD A TEAM in place.

Saying that, I believe that the future will be much brighter.

But I am waiting on the draft to grade out this offseason.

Maybe his offer wasn't the same as Washington's...maybe there was a player like M. Lynch or Whitner or Roscoe etc...combined with a pick? or maybe he had 2 players bunched in a trade with a 3rd team for that teams 2nd round pick...to get back into the second..who knows? Just ideas..

Shanahan might with Clausen for 2 days and immediately traded for McNabb. They have a terrible oline and need to protect their new invest. Okung is a no brainer there. Shanahan doesn't want Clausen.

Yeah what does that say about clausen? The QB maker trades for someone right after spending a couple days with him.

This kid must really be a douche bag in person.

.....unless they go with their current QBs....

Yeah...what do you think Claussen thought of the McNabb trade? It probably cost him somewhere between #4 and #22 money (unless we rescue him). OUCH!!!

I agree 100% The new FO boys are not kneejeck. Build us a young, strong and tough team through the draft and don't worry about the negative nabobs and their constant handwringing.

Well, the new football department has had to overcome the Bills' poor reputation as an organization. That is something they inherited and is a lot to overcome. But they shouldn't be blamed for not always being able to overcome this handicap. This team's reputation cannot be rehabilitated overnight.

As for what Buddy Nix has done since being named General Manager, he hired Chan Gailey. I don't mind the hiring and am happy to give Gailey a fair chance. Nix then hired Doug Whaley who has a sterling reputation and is probably the heir apparent to Nix. They have a succession plan and there's now hope that an organizational philosophy can be developed and that there will be continuity as the team rebuilds and hopefully contends. So the Whaley hiring was an excellent move.

They've signed three free agents. Andra Davis, and Dwan Edwards were both excellent signings. They also signed Cornell Green who has been somewhat maligned but who nevertheless fills a need for us.

The Bills also released a bunch of (in my eyes) inconsequential players.

So I think that so far they have done a good job. But it's too early to really say. In two weeks we'll know a bit more about our new braintrust.

They have to get another QB in here and obviously they are trying like hell. It's become pretty obvious that they believe Trent can't run this offense and to me that is a major step in the right direction. I liked the Davis and D. Edwards pickups. But it's all about the draft. If Buddy puts a premium on pass rushers like i think he will, I'll be thrilled.