McNabb to Redskins

Fingon

It's likely to make the Bills pick much more valuable if Clausen is on the board.

I think Clausen is going to slide and lose some serious coin. I don't think he's a Buddy Nix guy and if the Bills don't take himn he could slide well into the teens if not 20's. Clausen is a glorified late 1st, early 2nd round talent, so I don't think his slide should come as much of a surprise.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You seemed to miss the question. The question was not, "Why would they trade him?". It was, "Why would they trade him in the division to a team that *needed* a QB?".

I was being facetious. :wallbash:

But to answer your question, Reid either must think McNabb is done and/or that the Eagles can defense him properly when they play him, a la the Patriots and Bledsoe. Shanahan OTOH thinks that McNabb still has something left. I guess we'll find out who's right at the end of the season.

If some other team wants Clausen, then we trade down. Otherwise we take the best player available other than Clausen or any other QB in this draft.

No. We don't take the best player, I am going to finally end any support of this team if we take a !@#$ing CB, Safety, kicker or even a linebacker till QB, LT and NT are addressed

No kidding, right?

THAT IS CRAZY! I cannot imagine what they gave up to get him.

Redskins, with the addition of Larry Johnson and Willie Parker ...as well as some Defensive additions...become a legit contender. Especially with a good Head Coach now. They may be the favorites out of the NFC East now.

:wallbash:

The 2006 NFC East maybe.

i think Wash would pick any of these 4 (Bradford, McCoy, Suh & Okung) , BEFORE Bulaga.

Listening to talk radio in DC they seem pretty high on Okung, Berry and Bradford. With no chance of landing Bradford I think Okung is the choice. It appears that they weren't very high on Clausen as well.

:wallbash:

The 2006 NFC East maybe.

Yea seriously, the redskins have 3 washed up runningbacks instead of 1 and they have a better QB. Unfortunately that doesn't solve any of the problems that is plaguing this team year after year.

Quick note: McNabb is four years older now than Bledsoe was when we acquired him. And the price was about the same (same-year 2nd vs. next-year 1st).

The commitment next year is a 3rd or 4th not a 1st. So it doesn't take them out of next years 1st round.

Not a bad move.

man, I am getting real tired of the Bills doing absolutely nothing this offseason. They are not trying to bulk up the team at all...plus Lynch being MIA? What do we really have here, Gailey takes the tvs out of the weight room? I'm holding out some hope for the draft; but, this is shaping up to me another lost year.

this may open up the Jason Campbell discussion again. could be an option.

Anyone else want to make the argument that if McNabb had ANYTHING left in the tank, the Eagles would never have traded him to a division rival?

Nah...we'll ignore that for the time being.

Andy Reid let his feelings get in the way. There is nothing smart about trading McNabb to the Skins. He is still a top 10 QB and is much better than Bledsoe was when we traded for him.

They have a young receiving core, 3 solid rbs, a good defense, and will get the best LT in the draft. The Skins could be really dangerous. The Eagles will be the worst team in that division.

Anyone else want to make the argument that if McNabb had ANYTHING left in the tank, the Eagles would never have traded him to a division rival?

VERY reminiscent of the time Belicheck swindled the Bills in 2002. At least it wasn't a #1.

Quick note: McNabb is four years older now than Bledsoe was when we acquired him. And the price was about the same (same-year 2nd vs. next-year 1st).

McNabb is light years better than Brain Dead Drew though.

I called this in one of the many Mcnabb threads. Not sure how I could find it but what ever. I did not think Philly would have traded him inner division. They think A. DM is one or B. The Skins are not going to be that great this year. By the time its turned around he will be done.

Andy Reid let his feelings get in the way. There is nothing smart about trading McNabb to the Skins. He is still a top 10 QB and is much better than Bledsoe was when we traded for him.

They have a young receiving core, 3 solid rbs, a good defense, and will get the best LT in the draft. The Skins could be really dangerous. The Eagles will be the worst team in that division.

Larry Johnson and Willie Parker are far from being solid RB's anymore. Go back 3 years then yeah, they will be dangerous as hell.

And Eagles being the worst? Come on, Kolb is the real deal and will prove it this year. Plus that 2nd rounder they picked up is a pretty prime pick in this historically deep draft.

in the division? eagles are dumb and the skins must have paid

why are the Eagles dumb? the Skins were obviously offering the best deal and the Eagles took it

the Pats traded Bledsoe in the division, how did that work out?

the Skins stink and the Eagles know it

i am soooooooooo glad we didnt get mcnabb.....why pay a guy 14 million a year who averages 4 missed games a year? yes donovan is a good qb,but id rather build the buffalo bills through the draft.go bills in"2010

man, I am getting real tired of the Bills doing absolutely nothing this offseason. They are not trying to bulk up the team at all...plus Lynch being MIA? What do we really have here, Gailey takes the tvs out of the weight room? I'm holding out some hope for the draft; but, this is shaping up to me another lost year.

this may open up the Jason Campbell discussion again. could be an option.

I agree. The Bills have done nothing. The last day to renew my season tix is April 7th. What have they done to earn my $$$ for another season. I have every intention of renewing because I do love the Bills, but man give me something to get excited about. Or should I be excited about the possibility of the guys we draft this year and next hopefully developing into decent players in 2-3 yrs......and sprinkle in a few underachieving overpaid FA's along the way. At least last year T O was something to talk about.

How is Russ gonna sell tix this year?

This is the correct viewpoint, I think. Donovan McNabb sucks and this trade to a division rival proves it. He's going to have an awful 2010.

How about not giving you something to get 'excited' about and getting good players instead of TO?

The draft is were the Bills will do something, either surprise us with taking Clausen or dealing either Lynch or Whitner to move up ahead of San Diego to take Cody in the second round.

To bad they make you re-apply the season tickets before the draft instead of after. :wallbash:

they have a young receiving corp that isnt any good

3 solid RBs, are you kidding me? Portis hasnt been good for years, is done and prob wont even be on the team next year Johnson was benched and cut and is obviously a head case and Parker was replaced last year and cant stay healthy

a good defense really? i didnt think they were that good last year and they are switching to a 3-4 which doesnt suit their best defensive player

Skins could be really dangersous, give me a break...seems we hear that every year and they never are, just like the Mets

I agree. The Bills have done nothing. The last day to renew my season tix is April 7th. What have they done to earn my $$$ for another season. I have every intention of renewing because I do love the Bills, but man give me something to get excited about. Or should I be excited about the possibility of the guys we draft this year and next hopefully developing into decent players in 2-3 yrs......and sprinkle in a few underachieving overpaid FA's along the way. At least last year T O was something to talk about.

What exactly would you have them do. Most of the free agents on the market (and I don't know if you've been living in a cave but it's slim pickins this year w/ the uncapped yr) have other options and don't want to come to Buffalo. In the meantime, what, are you whining b/c they didn't give up the future for a spent over the hill McNabb who wouldn't have done well here and who wasn't going to get traded here anyway?

They brought in quality players to fill areas of need on defense, and I'm not excited about Green, but at least he improves the area of greatest need. The draft hasn't even occurred yet.

Are they supposed to hold a gun to player's heads and force them to sign?

This is the correct viewpoint, I think. Donovan McNabb sucks and this trade to a division rival proves it. He's going to have an awful 2010.

I disagree

McNabb is still a pro-bowl QB given the right people around him. Why Reid gave him to the Skins in the division will cost him a game in the division and maybe a playoff spot.

Philly fans will boo Kolb and start asking for Vick by week 8...you heard it hear first lol

It was TD who started the annual "big buzz" offseason move to sell tix...that did nothing in the medium-term to improve the team. Danny Boy's the same kind of marketing genius, and will likely get the same results.

Well there goes those dreams. Now what do we do when Clausen is there at 9?

I would hope that we draft the best left tackle available. No sense in getting a quarterback and spend a couple of years watching him get his ass beat and leave football a broken man. I will pass on having Shane Falco early in his career.

No. We don't take the best player, I am going to finally end any support of this team if we take a !@#$ing CB, Safety, kicker or even a linebacker till QB, LT and NT are addressed

Wrong. Let's say we get QB, NT and LT in the first 3 rounds - do we instantly become a superbowl contender? No - we will still finish 3-4 place in the division. Look what happens when we draft for need versus talent (ex. Maybin, Whitner, Lynch, Losman, McCargo, Williams). Take the best player because we aren't even close.

Here's the relevant quote from ProFootball Talk:

"In an insanely gutsy move, the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to trade Donovan McNabb to Washington, according to

ESPN's Adam Schefter. This is not a belated April Fool's joke."

Now here's the properly fixed quote:

"In an insane move, the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to trade Donovan McNabb to Washington, according to

ESPN's Adam Schefter. This is not a belated April Fool's joke, but a real joke."

Sounds like Snyder's at the helm again.......another angle to keep the merchandise sales flowing. The Redskins don't have an offensive system anything remotely like McNabb is used to running. Remember, McNabb has been in the same offensive system for a long time. Now he has to adjust to something completely different. As much as he's a class act and a real professional, he's not Favre.

they have a young receiving corp that isnt any good

3 solid RBs, are you kidding me? Portis hasnt been good for years, is done and prob wont even be on the team next year Johnson was benched and cut and is obviously a head case and Parker was replaced last year and cant stay healthy

a good defense really? i didnt think they were that good last year and they are switching to a 3-4 which doesnt suit their best defensive player

Skins could be really dangersous, give me a break...seems we hear that every year and they never are, just like the Mets

Good point. Mike Shanahan isn't a good offensive coordinator at all. All he ever does is draft stud rbs and they never produce. Oh wait, he never does that. He just plugs in guys and they become studs. And guys like Brian Griese and Jake Plummer were all pros Qbs before coming to Denver. Whoops again.

The Skins have a top 10 defense. They will get the best LT in the draft. moss and Cooley are solid receiver and Thomas and Davis started to come on last year. The Skins have made a ton of dumb moves in the past. But this is a really good one and they will challenge for the division. Mark it down.

Larry Johnson and Willie Parker are far from being solid RB's anymore. Go back 3 years then yeah, they will be dangerous as hell.

And Eagles being the worst? Come on, Kolb is the real deal and will prove it this year. Plus that 2nd rounder they picked up is a pretty prime pick in this historically deep draft.

Johnson and Parker are rotational guys. Shanahan plus in no names and they becomes studs.

And let's wait a bit before crowning a guy who has 4 td to 7 ints for his career. Rob Johnson says hi.

why are the Eagles dumb? the Skins were obviously offering the best deal and the Eagles took it

the Pats traded Bledsoe in the division, how did that work out?

the Skins stink and the Eagles know it

yea well, trading away the only the franchise QB that that Eagles have had the last 20+ years... the guy that took them to the playoffs last season ...seems pretty darn dumb to me also.

The Eagles had better hope that Kolb plays like Tom Brady because trading him to a division rival is pretty much a huge slap in his face and will come back to bite them.

I'd love to see the Skins take their division next year :wallbash:

Good point. Mike Shanahan isn't a good offensive coordinator at all. All he ever does is draft stud rbs and they never produce. Oh wait, he never does that. He just plugs in guys and they become studs. And guys like Brian Griese and Jake Plummer were all pros Qbs before coming to Denver. Whoops again.

The Skins have a top 10 defense. They will get the best LT in the draft. moss and Cooley are solid receiver and Thomas and Davis started to come on last year. The Skins have made a ton of dumb moves in the past. But this is a really good one and they will challenge for the division. Mark it down.

More likely the Redskins AND Eagles will fail to make the playoffs.

Here's the relevant quote from ProFootball Talk:

"In an insanely gutsy move, the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to trade Donovan McNabb to Washington, according to

ESPN's Adam Schefter. This is not a belated April Fool's joke."

Now here's the properly fixed quote:

"In an insane move, the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to trade Donovan McNabb to Washington, according to

ESPN's Adam Schefter. This is not a belated April Fool's joke, but a real joke."

Sounds like Snyder's at the helm again.......another angle to keep the merchandise sales flowing. The Redskins don't have an offensive system anything remotely like McNabb is used to running. Remember, McNabb has been in the same offensive system for a long time. Now he has to adjust to something completely different. As much as he's a class act and a real professional, he's not Favre.

ummm no!

Shanahan was the OC at SF when they won a super bowl, he learned the west coast offense the same place Andy Reid did, plus he took it to Denver and trained John Elway the WCO and won 2 super bowls there.

The Eagles have run the west coast offense since Andy Reid got there and now the Redskins will run it under Mike Shanahan, if anything the rest of the team needs to get up to speed with Shanahan and McNabb.

I'd be willing to bet the Redskins are in the playoffs next season and Andy Reid gets fired.