Bradford's workout leaves crowd in awe.

papazoid

NORMAN, Okla. — Four receivers will take part in QB Sam Bradford’s scripted workout Monday in Norman.

Josh Reed, who has spent the last eight seasons with the Buffalo Bills, as well as three of Bradford’s Sooners teammates — RB Chris Brown, TE Brody Eldridge and WR Adron Tennell — will be on the receiving end of the quarterback’s passes.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/29/bradfords-...s-crowd-in-awe/

EDIT: in order for the bills to move up to the #1 overall pick (draft pick value 3000 points), we would obviously have to swap this years #1, 9th overall (value 1350 points) AND next years #1 (value ?? 1350 points) PLUS a conditional pick, like a 3rd rounder ( value 225) depending on the value of next years 1st round pick.

so, is Bradford worth that ??.....i say YES !

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

i just don't understand the NFL draft process! so because this guy has a great workout in his gym gear he is a number one overall prospect now? but only weeks before he was lucky to go in the 1st round-don't get it

i just don't understand the NFL draft process! so because this guy has a great workout in his gym gear he is a number one overall prospect now? but only weeks before he was lucky to go in the 1st round-don't get it

Not true at all. Even with the injury he's been everyone's #1 QB. He's the real deal.

It now appears that the chance of Bradford being drafted #1 overall is roughly 100 percent. I suspect that a deal will get done prior to the draft, and sooner rather than later. St. Louis can't really play him off against another potential pick because no one in their right minds thinks there's a chance they'd take one of those other guys. Everyone knows that St. Louis has to -- and of course will -- take Bradford.

when exactly was he ever projected to not go in the first round?

most have said he would have gone #1 to Detroit last year ahead of Stafford if he came out

this isnt anything new

Not true at all. Even with the injury he's been everyone's #1 QB. He's the real deal.

Exactly...The only real question with Bradford has been, and will be, the shoulder...And it looks like it's fine right now...Whether or not he'll hurt it again will be anyones guess...But Bradford is a Franchise QB Prospect if he's healthy...And appearently he's VERY healthy...He'll be someones Pick at #1 Overall...The Rams would be crazy not to take him unless they get a rediculous offer... :thumbsup:

It now appears that the chance of Bradford being drafted #1 overall is roughly 100 percent. I suspect that a deal will get done prior to the draft, and sooner rather than later. St. Louis can't really play him off against another potential pick because no one in their right minds thinks there's a chance they'd take one of those other guys. Everyone knows that St. Louis has to -- and of course will -- take Bradford.

...and if the Redskins pass on Claussen...

Good for Sam--everything I've seen and read about the kid indicates that he's a good guy in addition to being a good football player. I hope he does well in St. Louis or wherever he ends up. Too bad it won't be B'lo.....

There was never a doubt that Bradford could throw the football. Look at his RS Sophomore year that he won the Heisman. Not only is he talented, he's also smart as evidenced by his Wonderlic score of 36. With the 1st pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams select............. Sam Bradford, Quarterback, from the University of Oklahoma.

He won't move up solely on the basis of this workout. This workout will prove that he is healthy. That could cause him to move up based on his career at Oklahoma and knowing that he is healthy.

If what NeverGiveUp says is true (that Bradford is the only QB in the draft the Bills have a first round grade on), and if they believe that he's a legit franchise QB ... trade up. Who cares what it costs. Do it.

I would have no problem if the Bills gave up the farm to get Bradford

If what NeverGiveUp says is true (that Bradford is the only QB in the draft the Bills have a first round grade on), and if they believe that he's a legit franchise QB ... trade up. Who cares what it costs. Do it.

Well, now...how the hell ya gonna get ahead of St. Louis to get him?

Ya think they are gonna give up that pick and miss out on him?

I would bet you my dog that the answer to that question will be "NO."

Well, now...how the hell ya gonna get ahead of St. Louis to get him?

Ya think they are gonna give up that pick and miss out on him?

I would bet you my dog that the answer to that question will be "NO."

How old is the dog? What breed? Does he/she have papers and a pedigree?

Just kidding. I agree. Bradford is out of reach for the Bills. The Bills would have had to go 0-16 to have a chance at Bradford. Too bad we didn't. On the other hand, had we gone winless, half of us would have probably blown our brains out and it would have then been a moot point for us hardcore, live and die with the Bills, fans.

Until the guy gets hit again on that 2x injured shoulder and is done for good...

in order for the bills to move up to the #1 overall pick (draft pick value 3000 points), we would obviously have to swap this years #1, 9th overall (value 1350 points) AND next years #1 (value ?? 1350 points) PLUS a conditional pick, like a 3rd rounder ( value 225) depending on the value of next years 1st round pick.

He was #1 Last year if he had come out, he is #1 this year BEFORE the workout. They only wanted to see if the shoulder was fine, which it is.

Until the guy gets hit again on that 2x injured shoulder and is done for good...

Bull ****. Had he got the thing fixed in the first place he wouldnt' have any issues at all. My God some of you really need to stop with the Bradford hate.

in order for the bills to move up to the #1 overall pick (draft pick value 3000 points), we would obviously have to swap this years #1, 9th overall (value 1350 points) AND next years #1 (value ?? 1350 points) PLUS a conditional pick, like a 3rd rounder ( value 225) depending on the value of next years 1st round pick.

I wouldnt. Many times the second guy drafted at a position has a better career than the first.

Unfortunately, we won't get him and I hope we dont draft Clausen if hes available just because he's the next projected QB to go. I think thats what we did with JP. We needed a QB traded back in and grabbed the guy we felt was the next slated QB to go. I hate to bring it up but Brady was a 6th rounder. We could find a guy after round one....

I wouldnt. Many times the second guy drafted at a position has a better career than the first.

based on papazoid's point assessment, I would make that trade and thank the Rams for it

The Kid made the point in another thread (edit: earlier in this thread): Even if the Bills were inclined to move up to the first pick for Bradford, what are the chances that the Rams would actually trade out of that position?

They may view Sam Bradford as the next Peyton Manning. And the Rams need a quarterback.

If the Bills made that attempt, which I think is highly doubtful, they would have to pay a King's ransom for the right to draft Bradford.

Bull ****. Had he got the thing fixed in the first place he wouldnt' have any issues at all. My God some of you really need to stop with the Bradford hate.

No hate for the guy, but the Bills giving up what it would take to acquire him wouldn't be worthwhile IMO. Not when they are changing the defense from a 4-3 to 3-4 and need LB-NT , not to mention OT and WR.

Besides, If the Bills really want the guy ...all they need do is simply wait 3 years and when he is beaten down and shell shocked from playing behind a crappy O line ...the Bills could get him for almost nothing. Isn't this the same team that gave up on Curt Warner for Marc Bulger :thumbsup:

It would take some huge balls to move up to take Bradford, and right now the only pair I've EVER seen in Buffalo are now residing in Indianapolis!

I definitely do not want Clausen. He was throwing to a thouroughbred receiver playing against a bunch of crap.

Im still on board with loading up with linemen and linebackers... making development the primary goal for this season, using a stopgap QB that could be Edwards or Fitz... Then draft the top QB next year and not have to trade anything for him.

Exactly...The only real question with Bradford has been, and will be, the shoulder...And it looks like it's fine right now...Whether or not he'll hurt it again will be anyones guess...But Bradford is a Franchise QB Prospect if he's healthy...And appearently he's VERY healthy...He'll be someones Pick at #1 Overall...The Rams would be crazy not to take him unless they get a rediculous offer... :thumbsup:

Bradford is awesome -

as long as there is no pass rush and the other team is inept on defense

and how he does not trip - because he dislocate his shoulder or break a collarbone or something

definitely a can't miss

How many balls did Josh Reed drop?

????

Reed was one of the more sure-handed of the Bills receivers. He was great in the clutch and really started to come into his own in the past few years, going over the middle for catches. Frankly, I'd have rather seen them get rid of Hardy.

I definitely do not want Clausen. He was throwing to a thouroughbred receiver playing against a bunch of crap.

Im still on board with loading up with linemen and linebackers... making development the primary goal for this season, using a stopgap QB that could be Edwards or Fitz... Then draft the top QB next year and not have to trade anything for him.

So much BS in one sentence.

Why would you hold it against a QB because he had a great receiver? The WR catches the balls thrown to him by the QB---that's pretty much how it works.

Anyway, Clausen somehow was able to complete 200 passes and 13 TDs to receivers other than Golden Taint. Same thin in '08.

ND played crappy teams?

????

Reed was one of the more sure-handed of the Bills receivers. He was great in the clutch and really started to come into his own in the past few years, going over the middle for catches. Frankly, I'd have rather seen them get rid of Hardy.

Yea, it took him 5 years to acquire those hands and even then he wasn't anything more then a "possession" receiver. I'd rather have the younger taller Hardy and train him the way I want.