Nic Harris

Am I the only person that think this guy is going to be a solid football player? I hope the coaching staff keeps him and finds a way to get him in to the lineup

You might very well be, although I think he has an upside. The Bills moved him to LB which fit in last year with all the other small LB's. He should be playing Safety, but there is a lot of competition there. Unless they trade Donte, it's going to be tough for him to earn a roster spot.

Why?

A 3/4 LB is more of a DE/LB tweener. Nic Harris is an oversized Safety, but an undersized LB. You're not going to put him on the inside and he's not big enough to be a pass rusher.

Of course, there's always an exception to the rule, if you will. Maybe he's just a freak of nature in camp? Stranger things have happened.

i thought he looked very good in limited action last year, especially in the preseason. i think he could be a solid player but nothing spectacular because he really doesn't fit in with the defense all that well. good potential though

A 3/4 LB is more of a DE/LB tweener. Nic Harris is an oversized Safety, but an undersized LB. You're not going to put him on the inside and he's not big enough to be a pass rusher.

Of course, there's always an exception to the rule, if you will. Maybe he's just a freak of nature in camp? Stranger things have happened.

Certainly true of the OLBs, does it apply to the ILBs? I honestly don't know the answer.

im a big fan of harris. he may be small but you cant tell it on tv. HE PLAYS BIG. and you cant say the same for poz whose the ideal weight but you never really see him deliver a hit or pop a running back in the hole. if youve seen harris play, you know he's a hell of football player and no number on a roster can change that.

im a big fan of harris. he may be small but you cant tell it on tv. HE PLAYS BIG. and you cant say the same for poz whose the ideal weight but you never really see him deliver a hit or pop a running back in the hole. if youve seen harris play, you know he's a hell of football player and no number on a roster can change that.

+1. Let'em all line up and see who wins. This kid can hit and he's got the attitude we need. There's been lots of undersized linebackers who get it done. Screw the measuring tape and let'em win it or lose it on the field.

I am positive at least Wendling didn't fail a physical and get cut, he just got straight up let go.

He did fail a physical. Hence the reason he hasn't been signed by anyone yet.

He had knee surgery after the season for what seemed to be a major problem. There was an article on the front page last week from the Laramie Boomerang detailing it.

Certainly true of the OLBs, does it apply to the ILBs? I honestly don't know the answer.

Every site you look at will tell you that James Farrior (arguably best in the business for 3-4) is in the 240s but Pittsburgh writers and fans will say there is no way he's bigger than 220. When you got big uglies in front of you on the line it doesnt matter how big your ILB is.

He will be on the roster for sure. Likely start on special teams and back up at inside linebacker. He's young and has nothing but upside. Mitchell is'nt getting any younger and next season could be gone so the kid just has to hang in there and if he's good enough they can't help but let him play.