Favorite Coffee

Corp000085

My favorite coffee is 8'oclock coffee original. I buy the whole beans and grind them to a medium grit using a coffee grinder weekly. Then I brew it in my Bunn coffee maker. Don't get my started on coffee pots, cause I'll argue till the day I die that Bunn makes the only coffee maker worth anything.

I do enjoy the STarbucks Christmas blend, but that's only available november/december. I will drink Dunkin Donuts coffee too. Very flavorful, but for a pure coffee taste, I love 8'oclock.

What's yours?

the one i am about to go and get......

i don't have a favorite, i like trying new coffees, when i was in richmond i used to go to a small roaster every morning for his offerings of the day, usually had 3, loved the sumatra coffees as well as the timor mimbase(sp?), but for the most part, i enjoyed them all. Although I do tend to gravitate towards the bolder of the coffees....ok, time to go fire up the keurig machine

My favorite coffee is 8'oclock coffee original. I buy the whole beans and grind them to a medium grit using a coffee grinder weekly. Then I brew it in my Bunn coffee maker. Don't get my started on coffee pots, cause I'll argue till the day I die that Bunn makes the only coffee maker worth anything.

I do enjoy the STarbucks Christmas blend, but that's only available november/december. I will drink Dunkin Donuts coffee too. Very flavorful, but for a pure coffee taste, I love 8'oclock.

What's yours?

I really don't have a favorite but I'd be interested to see who here hates Starbucks like I do. I can't stand their coffee.

I won't say that I hate Starbuck's coffee, but I think it is over-rated.

I have been satisfied with the Gevilia products I get.

The best coffee I have had at a restaurant is at the Greenbrier.

I really don't have a favorite but I'd be interested to see who here hates Starbucks like I do. I can't stand their coffee.

<_< Count me in, on that....got a $50 Starbucks gift certificate from someone last fall...they knew I loved coffee, but not that I despise Starbucks...I sold the certificate on Ebay for $48!!!

My dislike for Starbucks has nothing to do with political correctness (they are the Wal-Mart of coffe shops, after all) and everything to do with the taste of their bitter, chickory laden coffee...yeech! :D I'd rather drink a cup of Folgers... I will say, Starbucks does make a great lemon bar...

I won't say that I hate Starbuck's coffee, but I think it is over-rated.

I have been satisfied with the Gevilia products I get.

The best coffee I have had at a restaurant is at the Greenbrier.

Yes, you're right, hate is a bit tough because I will drink it. But it has to be one of those desserty caramelmachiafrappesurgarchino things to cover the bitterness.

What's yours?

Starbucks Whole Bean Columbian.

Seattle's Best Whole Bean Blend.

<_< Count me in, on that....got a $50 Starbucks gift certificate from someone last fall...they knew I loved coffee, but not that I despise Starbucks...I sold the certificate on Ebay for $48!!!

My dislike for Starbucks has nothing to do with political correctness (they are the Wal-Mart of coffe shops, after all) and everything to do with the taste of their bitter, chickory laden coffee...yeech! :D I'd rather drink a cup of Folgers... I will say, Starbucks does make a great lemon bar...

The Starbucks you get in the store, for the most part, is pre ground and shipped in large bags. The Starbucks whole bean is a lot better. In fact, just about any whole bean is better than pre ground.

It's a bit overrated, but it's better than the dirtwater served at Tim Horton's, by leaps and bounds.

As someone else said in this thread, whole bean is much better than pre-packaged ground coffee

first off let me take note that if we ever do a gift exchange here on this site to not bother getting you anything,,,, :D , second, i am a huge fan of chickory coffee....second...starbucks is an over roasted...aka burnt....of anything else you can get at a quality roaster...or on your own

My dislike for Starbucks has nothing to do with political correctness (they are the Wal-Mart of coffe shops, after all) and everything to do with the taste of their bitter, chickory laden coffee...yeech! :o I'd rather drink a cup of Folgers... I will say, Starbucks does make a great lemon bar...

Personally I despise coffee, I just think it tastes terrible.

However, Chef Jim, you can count my mom as one who hates Starbucks.

She loves Peet's coffee.

No particular favorites, but a bunch of ones I enjoy immensely:

Whole Foods Market Italian Roast

Starbucks Italian Roast (home brewed - the only way to drink any Starbucks flavor)

Jazzman's Cafe Signature Blend

Jazzman's Cafe French Roast

Green Mountains Coffee Vermont Blend

I have heard good things about Green Mountains Nantucket Blend, but have been unable to find it except on line.

I don't mind it, but I can understand the complaints-- it has a real "woody" flavor to it. I tend to go with an americano instead, since the espresso has a cleaner taste.