(OT) The Real J.P. Era Begins

IDBillzFan

Our new son, Jayden Paul, was born yesterday @ 10:32 a.m.

After a slightly challenging episode with an umbilical cord and my son's neck, our doc did a great job bringing him into the world about three weeks early, but perfectly healthy and well developed at 5lbs. 15oz., 19.5 inches tall and a rather full head of hair.

As a man who has gone 42 years with no children, I have always chuckled to myself when people would show me pictures of their babies declaring that their baby was the most beautiful baby in the world. I now realize I was more right than DC Tom having a political debate with BF. Apparently wifey and I are the ones with the most beautiful baby in the world and all those other people were full of crap.

Most importantly, this successful pregnancy should also do away with a severe version of an illness that has debilitated my wife for the past two years. She finally should have her life back, just in time to share it with someone new.

Gotta split. Got a family to check on and a game to TIVO.

Go Bills.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats LA, everything changes about your life now for the better. I'm glad your wife and the baby are doing ok. Looking forward to seeing some pics of that new boy. Hoped you taped the child birth so you and the wife can enjoy it again in a few years.

My wife and I and our 8 year old son watched his child birth the other night. It was a slow night and nothing on tv and my son pulled that VCR tape out of the box. Making a long story short the nurse had my boy in the heat cube thing cleaning him of. It was a shot of the back of him. My son looked at me during that part of the tape and said " Dad, WOW my balls are really really big". I could not help but to start laughing as my wife did also. He then said " I want you to call me Nick the big sack from now on". I just about died laughing and said to myself, That's my boy!

Enjoy the new life you have created!

Great middle name, by the way.

135556[/snapback]

I thought you'd appreciate that. The name came from a person who caught me heading in a wayward direction years ago, and basically saved my life. He stood for everything I hope my son will stand for.

Frez, we had to go the route of a c-section because of some complications, so we won't be watching any videos of the birth. They let me snip the cord after he was out, and I made the mistake of turning around and looking over the curtain they put up to hide the surgery from us. Not what you might call video footage worth watching when nothing is on TV. <_<

I thought you'd appreciate that. The name came from a person who caught me heading in a wayward direction years ago, and basically saved my life. He stood for everything I hope my son will stand for.

Frez, we had to go the route of a c-section because of some complications, so we won't be watching any videos of the birth. They let me snip the cord after he was out, and I made the mistake of turning around and looking over the curtain they put up to hide the surgery from us. Not what you might call video footage worth watching when nothing is on TV. :D

135573[/snapback]

Like cutting a piece of celery uh? My first child was also a c-section. I did not want any part of that Mr. Johnson. <_<

Frez, we had to go the route of a c-section because of some complications, so we won't be watching any videos of the birth. They let me snip the cord after he was out, and I made the mistake of turning around and looking over the curtain they put up to hide the surgery from us. Not what you might call video footage worth watching when nothing is on TV. <_<

135573[/snapback]

stevestojan. thought you namd him for me! So much for the baby gift.

stevestojan. thought you namd him for me! So much for the baby gift.

135598[/snapback]

Don't worry, there's still hope that Ed will name his firstborn after you <_<

Oh yeah, congrats to the new Dad and the fighter.