Let's start building this team correctly

gjv001

Only the most ardent fan has thoughts of the Bills making the playoffs next year. Most football anaylists will probably have us finishing in the AFC East cellar next year. That being said, I would hope the brain trust of the Bills forget about splashy free agent signings or high profile draft picks,ala Tebow, and focus their attentions and dollars on building two dominant lines.

Only the most ardent fan has thoughts of the Bills making the playoffs next year. Most football anaylists will probably have us finishing in the AFC East cellar next year. That being said, I would hope the brain trust of the Bills forget about splashy free agent signings or high profile draft picks,ala Tebow, and focus their attentions and dollars on building two dominant lines.

Well it seems your dreams are coming true right before your eyes. For all we know, Buddy and Chan have been down in the Florida keys trolling along in their fishing boat spitting chaw into the water, with the lack of "splashy free agents" brought into Buffalo to try and sign since March 1st. :censored::censored:

I suspect building the offensive line and then the new defensive line going to the in vogue 3-4 has to be first on the agenda. There were opportunities in free agency that were bypassed...but that is water under the bridge. Now the key is to draft wisely from a truly exceptional group of offensive tackles in the first and again in the second or third round. We should be able to fill a couple of other holes in the offense. I think our problem coming up will be keeping our better players around, and that is where Nix is going to have to be very pro-active. I haven't seen any evidence of it in the present administration yet...but its early.

I love how fans include themself in the decision making process. People who say We when referring to the Bills make me laugh.

You clearly don't go to the games.. I think that once you own season tickets you will feel different. Not about the decision making process but I feel it is quite natural to feel connected to something so special

I love how fans include themself in the decision making process. People who say We when referring to the Bills make me laugh.

Why the Hell to you waste time on this board? If you're a fan, you say we. We get the business end of the NFL. We get that the team could be gone, yatta yatta. But the fun part of this is following the team. I've been doing it for 47 seasons and I've had many near bouts with depression. I've critcised and bitched out coachs, Ralph, GM's etc. But at the end of the day, it's my team and I'm going to say "we" til it ain't so any longer. It's called being a fan. What the Hell are you? If you hate everything about the team why are you on this board? Go follow the Argos.....

maybe it's because the Bills are like family. You can't get rid of them even if you wanted. I have friends who have moved to other cities and they still can't stop rooting for Buffalo and not for the local team. So when someone says "WE" instead of The Bills Organization. I say Go For it. They're our team!! There are no better fans than Bills fans!:censored: You sir, make me laugh

After playing countless Madden Franchises as the Bills over many years, I feel like "we" comes as naturally to me as being VP did to Al Gore.

You may be on to something here. If the entire Bills nation could play the bills in franchise mode, and the most successful party would then provide the blueprint for success we would effectively use computer modeling to save the franchise.

I think our problem coming up will be keeping our better players around, and that is where Nix is going to have to be very pro-active. I haven't seen any evidence of it in the present administration yet...but its early.

That couldn't be because they haven't been faced with that situation yet, now could it? For that matter, there aren't too many players on the present rendition of this team that could even create this scenario.

If Whaley stays true to his Pittsburgh roots, it is more likely that we have the pieces in place AHEAD OF TIME in order to let big contract players walk when they're up for a big new contract instead of resigning them... you know, instead of letting them walk/shipping them out AND THEN trying to come up with a contingency play, say moving another player out of position (to left tackle) for a week before ultimately cutting him on the eve of the season... I mean, hypothetically speaking, of course.

All WINNING franchises have a quality QB. Like Gailey said, either you have a probowler or a guy putting up probowl numbers. If you dont, you need a QB.

I think people miss the point. I have followed the team for years and will follow it until the team isn't gone. I am not negative about the team at all. Go look at my post history. I typically post in favor of the bills direction. I also think we will go 16-0 next season.

i have gone to games, purchased Sunday Ticket since i live in California, and buy the jerseys. However, i don't feel that the Bills owe me anything because i do this. I get the distinct impression that people here do. Alot of people feel that they deserve explanations or should have their voice heard because they spent Money on the bills.

We should do this, we should do that, Lets build this team right are just laughable statements. The Fans have zero input on the direction of the team. It's fun to speculate but in the end you don't have a say.

I am guilty. I refer to "we" and "us" all the time. I have too much invested in this team.

I am in full agreement with going heavy on both lines, but we need to be a little more draft savy this year and try to pickup some more picks in trading down or trading some player or players that can bring some 2nd to 3rd round picks. We saw how quickly things turn for Atlanta when they had all those picks two years ago :censored:

I love the start of this post, WE need to build lines, at the end of the day, lines make or break qb's, they make or break middle LB's (poz) and the win or loose games! its never the 'sexy' pick to grab linemen, but winners in any form of business are not intrested in sexy pics there intrested in quality products. WE WE WE WE WE- and of course WE!!!!!