Let's start building this team correctly

gjv001

I suspect building the offensive line and then the new defensive line going to the in vogue 3-4 has to be first on the agenda. There were opportunities in free agency that were bypassed...but that is water under the bridge. Now the key is to draft wisely from a truly exceptional group of offensive tackles in the first and again in the second or third round. We should be able to fill a couple of other holes in the offense. I think our problem coming up will be keeping our better players around, and that is where Nix is going to have to be very pro-active. I haven't seen any evidence of it in the present administration yet...but its early.

Yeah, especially without a quarterback.....

I am in full agreement with going heavy on both lines, but we need to be a little more draft savy this year and try to pickup some more picks in trading down or trading some player or players that can bring some 2nd to 3rd round picks. We saw how quickly things turn for Atlanta when they had all those picks two years ago :censored:

Ironic you mention Atlanta. Their owner, Arthur Blank, hired former New England front office guy Tom Dimitroff to be GM. Dimitroff was selected over Buddy Nix and proceeded to sign one of the top UFA's that year in RB Michael Turner.

Then, in the draft Atlanta selected QB Matt Ryan who went on to thrive in Mike Mularkey's offense. ATL also picked an OT in the first round of that 08 draft, giving up three picks to do so.

Besides, Arthur Blank has always wanted a winner and will commit the resources. I'm not sure winning is RW's priority right now.