What's Your Favorite Sandwich?

Alright...being men (most of us), there aren't too many simple pleasures in the world better than a nice sandwich. So what's your favorite?

Here's what I like...

2 slices white bread with sesame seeds

3 slices turkey breast (fresh is best, but I'm a fan of Butterball naturally roasted if it has to be from a deli counter)

slather it with spicy brown mustard (and I mean SLATHER it, you can't have too much mustard imo)

add 6 or 7 green olives on top after the mustard

And there you have it. So who wants to top it? Maybe we'll all give each other ideas.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 slices of dense, grainy bread

4 or so slices of hard salami

2 or so slices of provolone cheese

Agree on the spicy brown mustard, slather it on

A few shakes of Franks RedHot

If I'm feeling adventurous, I'll throw some banana pepper rings on there too.

Egg salad. Eggs hard-boiled in the Martha Stewart method --- cover with water, bring to boil for three minutes, then remove from heat and let sit for 16 minutes. Drain and fill with cold water, add ice cubes and let melt. Drain. Peel.

Mash with Miracle Whip (the only mayo I'll have), minced garlic & onion, parsley & a little oregano, black pepper and sea salt. A slice of American, Swiss or provolone. Lightly toasted pumpernickel. Otherwise, half the egg mixture falls out. Petite dill pickles at the side.

Any other "Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy"s out there?

Egg salad. Eggs hard-boiled in the Martha Stewart method --- cover with water, bring to boil for three minutes, then remove from heat and let sit for 16 minutes. Drain and fill with cold water, add ice cubes and let melt. Drain. Peel.

Mash with Miracle Whip (the only mayo I'll have), minced garlic & onion, parsley & a little oregano, black pepper and sea salt. A slice of American, Swiss or provolone. Lightly toasted pumpernickel. Otherwise, half the egg mixture falls out. Petite dill pickles at the side.

Any other "Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy"s out there?

Just a matter of personal taste obviously, but Miracle Whip is one of the most unfortunate things to ever happen to food IMO. I love egg salad, but it's gotta be mayo. Never heard of putting cheese on it though, that's interesting.

Just a matter of personal taste obviously, but Miracle Whip is one of the most unfortunate things to ever happen to food IMO. I love egg salad, but it's gotta be mayo. Never heard of putting cheese on it though, that's interesting.

I've never tasted Miracle Whip. What the hell is it,flavored mayo?

Yuk. I think it's that mayonnaise that has a Pound of sugar dumped in it. Horrible, ruins perfectly good food.

Me-a fresh bagel[as in still hot from the oven] sliced in half and filled with smoked thin Virgina ham[not that sweet "maple"garbage],Genova salami, and a strong Swiss chess or provolone,real mayo, shredded lettuce,and a dash of dryed red peppers

You either love Miracle Whip or hate it. I am a hater, nothing like Hellman's mayo!

Miracle Whip is not mayo... It is a salad dressing. I think it is vinegar that gives it that God awful taste!

I think Miracle Whip is made like mayo... Hence the "miracle" moniker?? I think. You can make you own mayo... It is basically only eggs and oil... Then whipped. Inverting (is that the word) the oil into the egg I guess???

The contenders:

A great beef on weck (maybe one from Schwabls)

A double steak and cheese from Viola's in Niagara Falls (preferably Elmwood Ave location)

A pulled pork sandwich from any great BBQ restaurant in Memphis

A nice chunk of a very crusty Italian baguette or crusty roll, hot capicola, a few paper thin pieces of prosciutto, good salami (the spicy Sicilian from Latino is terrific) and sharp imported provolone cheese (not that round bland deli crap, but real provolone). That's it. Dry. No condiments needed.

You either love Miracle Whip or hate it. I am a hater, nothing like Hellman's mayo!

Miracle Whip is not mayo... It is a salad dressing. I think it is vinegar that gives it that God awful taste!

I think Miracle Whip is made like mayo... Hence the "miracle" moniker?? I think. You can make you own mayo... It is basically only eggs and oil... Then whipped. Inverting (is that the word) the oil into the egg I guess???

The best sandwiches come from leftovers

Meatloaf sandwiches on white with a lot of ketchup

Hot Turkey sandwiches (leftover turkey like from Thanksgiving with heated up leftover gravy poured on top)

+100 :doh::unsure:

Though to be totally different I actually like subway whole wheat with all the veggies (was actually best when they offered fresh spinach as lettuce is just water basically) - including hot peppers, pickles olives with (put my own on) a light drizzle of virgin olive oil (no cheese). I eat these 3x a week - dropped weight and cholesterol like crazy - especially if I do egg whites or oatmeal in the morning for breakfast.

A nice chunk of a very crusty Italian baguette or crusty roll, hot capicola, a few paper thin pieces of prosciutto, good salami (the spicy Sicilian from Latino is terrific) and sharp imported provolone cheese (not that round bland deli crap, but real provolone). That's it. Dry. No condiments needed.

Dammit Dean, you stole my "sangwich!"

hat's almost excactly what I was going to post, gabagool, prosciutto, spicy salami and provolone or a good pepper jack cheese. The only think I add to mind is sliced pickled cherry peppers. Now a couple hours after eating said sangwich, you probably aren't going to be the most popular person in the room. :doh:

Edit: anyone who posts in this topic that is from WNY must refer to the subject of this topic as a "sangwich." Thank you.

Dammit Dean, you stole my "sangwich!" T

hat's almost excactly what I was going to post, gabagool, prosciutto, spicy salami and provolone or a good pepper jack cheese. The only think I add to mind is sliced pickled cherry peppers. Now a couple hours after eating said sangwich, you probably aren't going to be the most popular person in the room. :doh:

That's OK, I'm rarely the most popular person in the room.

Wash it all down with a cold beer or a nice glass of red wine.

I may get one of those today, if I think I can take the salt intake.

A big Ol Crusty Italian roll. 2 slices of Buffalo Hot Wing Cheese and 3-4 slices of real Turkey, none of that processed stuff.

Throw it in the toaster oven for about 2 min, or untill the cheese is slightly melted. Then add a slice or 2 of bacon.(microwave bacon cause its so easy to cook!!!)

(Light on the following)sweet banana peppers, onions, lettuce, Mayo, Honey Mustard.

It's a ginat explosion of flavor and spice inside of your mouth!!!!