What's Your Favorite Sandwich?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of you guys ever try an arepa? It's made of corn masa and similar to a tortilla but thicker like a bun. You cut it open and use it to make a sandwich. My mom makes the BEST ones,real soft and sorta fluffy. Fill it with some carne machada,which is a slow cooked meat similar to American pot roast, a little cilantro and onion and some shredded lettuce. It's damn good!

Any of you guys ever try an arepa? It's made of corn masa and similar to a tortilla but thicker like a bun. You cut it open and use it to make a sandwich. My mom makes the BEST ones,real soft and sorta fluffy. Fill it with some carne machada,which is a slow cooked meat similar to American pot roast, a little cilantro and onion and some shredded lettuce. It's damn good!

That sounds good!

I'd have to delete the garlic and the onion from the carne machada, adding just a bit of onion powder - I have a sensitivity to those ingredients, unfortunately.

That sounds good!

I'd have to delete the garlic and the onion from the carne machada, adding just a bit of onion powder - I have a sensitivity to those ingredients, unfortunately.

While I like onion flavor, I don't process onion very well. Garlic on the other hand...BRING IT ON!