Aaron Maybin

Billsfan=pain

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it before, I'll say it again....there is no way in hell he gained the type of weight he did in as short a time as he did without being on the Juice. Sorry, that is just how it is. Anyone thinking otherwise is out of touch with reality.

heres the deal... ill believe he was juicing based on the lone fact that he was playing a sport at a professional level, or was trying to. if you want to talk about being in touch with reality, then we need to put it out there and accept that 95% of professional athletes are on SOMETHING. The other 5% are just there to ride the pine and collect the pension.

but all hating aside, it is completely possible for a 20 or 21 year old to gain 20-30 pounds in a couple months. it happens all the time, to most college kids. i went from 165 to 185 in a summer for rugby and, on a 5'10" skinny frame, and ive never used steroids.

im not doubting that he was shooting, but the weight gain is not an obvious and direct conviction of roid use.

Aaron Maybin's body shape has changed drastically in the past year. When he was at the combine last year he looked like a defensive end at 6'4 250, now he looks samller than James Hardy 6'5 220. How does a player lose 30 pds of muscle from March(combine) to August(training camp)?

I guess next season we will get the answer?

creatine and water weight.

Maybin will never be able to play at a solid 250 because he does not have the build. His waist is smaller than TOs and anyone with eyes can tell you that. He has a WRs body. Hopefully he can somehow be affective at 235 because I dont see him ever being able to carry more than that through a season.

The Bills drafted a guy with a WR's build to be a DE. Brilliant! The only chance he has of even getting on the field is as an OLB in a 3-4 defense and I have no idea if he can play that position. I do know he will never be a DE in the NFL.

We never drafted him to plat DE unfortunately he was not in camp to make the transition to OLB.

He is at best 220 and always has been maybe he inserted some weights into his body

I remember seeing a post with two pictures from behind him of how he looked when finishing his colege season & how he looked at the combine. There was a significant difference in his physique and it had been reported that he gained 20 lbs.

creatine and water weight.

Maybin will never be able to play at a solid 250 because he does not have the build. His waist is smaller than TOs and anyone with eyes can tell you that. He has a WRs body. Hopefully he can somehow be affective at 235 because I dont see him ever being able to carry more than that through a season.

I saw a picture of him standing next to Hardy on the sidelines last year and said, "Maybin has the same build as James Hardy!!" People then mocked me and said, "maybe Hardy should move to DE/OLB!" It's not so funny, now that his weight/body frame dilemma has become more apparent to everyone..

I said it before, I'll say it again....there is no way in hell he gained the type of weight he did in as short a time as he did without being on the Juice. Sorry, that is just how it is. Anyone thinking otherwise is out of touch with reality.

probably got it from the POZ - who also packed on a good deal of size in a short time period.

too bad his bones got brittle from it

I remember reading rumors (I think on PFT) that the Bills were worried about him as early as the OTA's last year.

The guy has not shown anything on the pro level and had a limited body of work at the collegiate level. He may end up being great or may end up being a bust. So far, there really is not anything from his time with the Bills that would indicate that he was anything other than a huge reach.

I hope he ends up being worth a first round pick. The onus is definitely on him.

I thought he didn't show up for OTA's on account of him wanting more $$$$

Aaron Maybin's body shape has changed drastically in the past year. When he was at the combine last year he looked like a defensive end at 6'4 250, now he looks samller than James Hardy 6'5 220. How does a player lose 30 pds of muscle from March(combine) to August(training camp)?

I guess next season we will get the answer?

My honest opinion? I was seriously pissed last year, when we took him over Orakpo, and I'm even more pissed now. And......I'm also a Penn State fan. But I have to admit, I would like to see what he may be able to do in the 3-4. At least now he MAY have a chance. My only hope is that he is pretty young, and probably is still filling out.

I hated the pick on draft day. I think he was drafted as a marketing pick because he's a Penn State player. There hasn't been one single play that I've seen all season that has given me even a shred of hope that he won't go down as a monumental bust. Probably even worse than Erik Flowers or John McCargo.

Maybin is a BUST......and will probably stay a bust.

at Penn St, he was a backup !!....only through injuries to players ahead of him did he get his chance to start. he is the ultimate one year wonder.

i am a season ticket holder.....i watched him closely when he got in. first thing i noticed was how he does NOT stop, cut and change direction very well. all he can do is run fast, straight ahead. that weakness will be more pronounced when he switches to LB.

Maybin is a BUST......and will probably stay a bust.

at Penn St, he was a backup !!....only through injuries to players ahead of him did he get his chance to start. he is the ultimate one year wonder.

i am a season ticket holder.....i watched him closely when he got in. first thing i noticed was how he does NOT stop, cut and change direction very well. all he can do is run fast, straight ahead. that weakness will be more pronounced when he switches to LB.

He's a bust because of a year filled with a lack of playing time and bad coaches to learn from? He didn't make any big moves when he was in play, however like any rookie. It's to early to call him a bust.

I just have one thing to say. We could have had Orakpo and we passed on him for another first round bust.

Really? Oh gee whiz. Thanks for making us aware of that. No one on this board has ever made that statement before.

Since Maybin is only 21 maybe we should let him come to camp and try out? What do you think?