Olympics 2010

josh_564

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in Saranac Lake[10 miles from Placid] 1963-67 and they were still talking about the 1932 games like they were yesterday. My good Friend in the 6th grade used to train on the old 70 meter ski jump[11 years old!] and his brother competed in bobsled in the 1980 games, and went on to become a winter sports announcer for ABC sports.

Cool! I just saw him on NBC. John Morgan. I had no idea he was still in broadcasting.

I always think back in amazement that the greatest sporting event in US history (1980 hockey vs. USSR) was shown on tape delay. Olympics were in the US Eastern time zone and they still put it on delay!

Except that we in Buffalo were lucky enough to watch it live via CBC. I don't see how the rest of the country could have had the same experience as my entire family jumping around the living room!

I don't know what i'd do if my teammate tried to pass me and lost me a medal with 1/4 lap to go and all 3 of our team guaranteed medals. unbelievable.

I just saw that.....WTF. Couldn't have happened to a nicer group than the SK speed skaters. Best part is they hate Ohno and just gave him his record tying medal.

Except that we in Buffalo were lucky enough to watch it live via CBC. I don't see how the rest of the country could have had the same experience as my entire family jumping around the living room!

Well it wasn't like there was ESPN or FoxNews rolling a scroll at the bottom of the screen every four seconds back then. As long as we didn't have the radio on, we didn't know what had happened. But still....what were the TV guys thinking?

It's amazing the human knee can do that.

It really can't. Most of those skiers have have multiple knee surgeries, if not joint replacements.

That being said, I went skiing last weekend and did some moguls (slowly). The speed with which they go through them is impressive.

Ohno is a pimple on the ass of Eric Heiden and a bunion on Bonnie Blair's hallux.

I liked the graphic they had last night when NBC was so excited cause he could win his 6th medal tying Blair. It showed the break down of medals for Eric, Bonnie, and Apollo. Eric and Bonnie had mostly golds, while Apollo had mostly silver and bronze. So yea, he was going to tie the total count, but in terms of actually winning, Eric and Bonnie have that covered.

I liked the graphic they had last night when NBC was so excited cause he could win his 6th medal tying Blair. It showed the break down of medals for Eric, Bonnie, and Apollo. Eric and Bonnie had mostly golds, while Apollo had mostly silver and bronze. So yea, he was going to tie the total count, but in terms of actually winning, Eric and Bonnie have that covered.

Yeah, I knew Heiden won all golds and Blair had mostly golds, so the "the most decorated blah, blah, blah" was ridiculous. Even moreso when they put up that graphic.

Eric Heiden swept every event in Lake Placid, sprints to endurance. Blair had one bronze to go with 5 golds in the 500 and 1000 over three olympiads.

The only thing memorable about Ohno is his facial hair. He's so rock and roll. And that's more important than success in a legitimate event.

The amount of marginal sports now included in the winter games is staggering

same exact thing with the summer games - but worse, though I think short track speed skating is far more exciting than ping pong or sailing.

Yeah, I knew Heiden won all golds and Blair had mostly golds, so the "the most decorated blah, blah, blah" was ridiculous. Even moreso when they put up that graphic.

i don't disagree, but it's not his fault for that graphic - blame NBC and the state of media today. Ono is still pretty good at what he does.

It's nice to see figure skating is still as !@#$ed up as ever. People falling and scoring 10 points higher than people who didn't. That seems right.

Congratulations to Canada for winning gold on home turf.

Hopefully more will come.

It's nice to see figure skating is still as !@#$ed up as ever. People falling and scoring 10 points higher than people who didn't. That seems right.

Congratulations to Canada for winning gold on home turf.

Holy crap is this skating junk rigged! I really don't know how they can call it a sport. I'm certain the judges have written all the scores before hand. It's a complete joke.