Olympics 2010

josh_564

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone watching USA Men's Curling? It's been on CNBC and USA the last 4 days. The USA team literally choked away 3 wins. John Schuster, the cleanup rock thrower, lost 3 games single-handedly on the HAMMER. Unreal.

Today all Schuster has to do is knock away the Swiss rock. Instead he nails it dead on, the Swiss rock hits a US rock behind it and wins the point and the match. I mean he had to hit it just right to have that happen. One inch to the left or right and the USA wins. It's like they are trying to lose.

PTR

Watching, Not me. The US curlers don't want to win because they would have to buy the beer after the match.

Then don't deal with it, the good thing about the Olympics is it usually has something for everyone.

As far as Shaun White or the persona of snowboarders in general, myself personally, I appreciate the diversity it gives the winter Olympics. The Olympics allows us to see athletes from all walks of life and that to me makes it allot more interesting and fun to watch.

I understand each athlete is representing his our her Country, but who they are as individuals and the lives they have led is what makes their accomplishments in the Olympics that much more special.

Point taken. Just not my cup of tea, thats all.

I guess its a good thing, too. Wouldnt want to go around all comatose like the rest of the Olympians....especially the cyclists in the Summer, right beerball?

I thought losers buy the beer? The USA team must be tapped out by now.

PTR

nope, winner buys...

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug...o&type=lgns

It’s great for fostering goodwill and congeniality

It’s no accident that Laphroaig Scotch is an official sponsor of the USCA – custom dictates that after every curling match, winners buy losers a round of drinks. Indeed the first section of the USCA rule book says, “Curlers play to win but never to humble their opponents. … While the main objective of the game is to determine the relative skills of the players, the spirit of the game demands good sportsmanship, kindly feeling and honorable conduct.”

Point taken. Just not my cup of tea, thats all.

I guess its a good thing, too. Wouldnt want to go around all comatose like the rest of the Olympians....especially the cyclists in the Summer, right beerball?

CTV has a spot about snowboarders. It looks like their hips take most of the pressure on their moves. Hey Kelly Clark STF up. You can't sing.

nope, winner buys...

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug...o&type=lgns

It’s great for fostering goodwill and congeniality

It’s no accident that Laphroaig Scotch is an official sponsor of the USCA – custom dictates that after every curling match, winners buy losers a round of drinks. Indeed the first section of the USCA rule book says, “Curlers play to win but never to humble their opponents. … While the main objective of the game is to determine the relative skills of the players, the spirit of the game demands good sportsmanship, kindly feeling and honorable conduct.”

The greatest distillery in the world right there.

Don't tell me anything. The taped time delay is so bad in Alaska I think I am watching the 2006 games.

You could go to CTV.ca and watch it. As I am taking a little time off (Feb) for a much needed time out from work, I have been watching CTV's coverage from Vancover. I usually start watching around 9:30 est. They have a very good morning show, which holds no bars. Today they went down to the "modified" fence around the torch which is a joke. Get your picture taked here with the fence around the torch in the back ground!

You could go to CTV.ca and watch it. As I am taking a little time off (Feb) for a much needed time out from work, I have been watching CTV's coverage from Vancover. I usually start watching around 9:30 est. They have a very good morning show, which holds no bars. Today they went down to the "modified" fence around the torch which is a joke. Get your picture taked here with the fence around the torch in the back ground!

Actually I am OK with the tape delay as long as I stay off the Internet. That way it's as good as live. But I have no will power :rolleyes: