Olympics 2010

josh_564

An awesome performance and a great crowd. My favorite medal of these games.

An amazing story, she has guts. :thumbsup: Gotta admit I was a little choked-up watching that. That is a time of her life she will never forget, I'm glad there was something positive that came out of it as well.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know a ton about her, but it seems to me that Julia Mancuso is a total diva, who is just trying to sell her lingerie or whatever it is she is selling..........She's mad at Lindsey Vonn for crashing - yeah, she wanted to do it!.........and what does this statement mean:

"People are having a hard time reaching their potential because it's such a struggle for attention,"

You need attention to reach your potential?

I think BOTH Vonn and Mancuso are divas to be fair. The whole contrived press conference to announce that she may not be able to even ski and then takes gold in her first event... Mancuso carping to SI about struggling for attention.

Now we have the Canadian women *mock shock and disgust* celebrating on the ice after the arena is empty! Just shut women's sports down at the Olympics, it's obvious they don't know how to handle competition gracefully. :thumbsup:

I think BOTH Vonn and Mancuso are divas to be fair. The whole contrived press conference to announce that she may not be able to even ski and then takes gold in her first event... Mancuso carping to SI about struggling for attention.

Now we have the Canadian women *mock shock and disgust* celebrating on the ice after the arena is empty! Just shut women's sports down at the Olympics, it's obvious they don't know how to handle competition gracefully. :thumbsup:

Well, Vonn crashed out in SL, Mancuso did not even ski it. A great Olympics for the US Ski team (best ever), started way high and ended a bit low. Men's SL is the only event left.

Wasn't that part of a regularly scheduled press conference?

Oh My, USA/Finland

11:30 left in the first

3-0 USA

9:52 left in 1st

4-0, Kiprusoff pulls self

Kane sharp shooting, 5-0 w/ 7:28 left in 1st

6-0 w/ 7:13 left

HOLY "I don't want to circumvent the language filter" !!!!

Way to see short track speedskating go the way of figure skating with the "judging" and DQs. In the 500m final, either DQ both apollo and the canuck, or let them both stay in their medal positions. But no, you have the canadian judge ignoring a canadian push-off to give one canadian the gold, and DQing apollo to give another canadian the bronze.

I guess the key is to flop like a soccer player when you get touched.

Way to see short track speedskating go the way of figure skating with the "judging" and DQs. In the 500m final, either DQ both apollo and the canuck, or let them both stay in their medal positions. But no, you have the canadian judge ignoring a canadian push-off to give one canadian the gold, and DQing apollo to give another canadian the bronze.

I guess the key is to flop like a soccer player when you get touched.

How are those grapes, sour?

It wasn't just Ohno in the 500. Its been rampant throughout the Olympics. There's a serious problem in short track about what constitutes a DQ. 95% of the time its a judgement call.

The Koreans felt especially screwed in their 4x1000 race I believe. The girl tapped blades with another and the whole team was DQed.

That's the problem with the sport. It's an event almost designed for contact yet the rules make contact a judgement call.

It wasn't just Ohno in the 500. Its been rampant throughout the Olympics. There's a serious problem in short track about what constitutes a DQ. 95% of the time its a judgement call.

True enough, I think Ohno has benefited from those rules a few times, including his gold. I find it similar to pass interference calls in the NFL. Sometime they call it and sometimes they don't. The Canadian who won gold could have been DQ'd as well? I did here an announcer say that he looked like he was trying to defend himself so it's ok?