Leading Bid for Rams from Toronto

The Bills will still be the team of Southern Ontario. A Toronto team will ave exorbinant prices (if...a big one they got the Rams). They would price out all normal Canadian fans who would still supply 0-20% of the Bills crowd b/c they love hte Bills, have a history of going to the games and it is still very affordable and a great experience.

The only thing the Bills would lose out on would be gbig Canaian (Tornto) businesses buying suites at the Ralph, and they do not already. So basically everything stays the same and solidifies the Bills here.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on vacation in the Dominican over the summer and I was rocking some Sabres and Bills gear (not at the same time) and we ran into some people from the Toronto area and hung out for a few days. Talked everything, especially sports with the guys. Trust me when I say...TORONTO DOES NOT GIVE A FLYING **** about football. The prices for the Bills games would be around the same they would have to charge for regular games and those are astronomical. There is no fan base, and they pretty much laughed at me when I brought the whole thing up.

Sorry all, I am a paranoid Bills fan too, but this is not on the radar.

When the whole Toronto thing came about, it caused a lot of panic amongst us fans. Now that we've seen

two regular season games tank, I don't think Bills to Toronto is a problem, or the Rams for that matter. I

know we haven't been very good but believe fans of the NFL would go no matter what, and they didn't. The

Bills in Toronto series probably won't be extended, especially at the current cost to Rogers Communications,

and anything less for the Bills and they'll call it off anyway. Hopefully we can still draw the fans who come to

town.

good....

let the Rams move to Toronto... that mean the Bills won't be going there

I would rather the Bills go to LA and change their name then try to tell us "it's still out team" when they become the Toronto Bills or something similarly stupid

I still think the Bills are staying put right here, but I would like to see the Toronto threat go bye bye.

Sort of like the pushy single guy who really wants your wife. Once he gets married and his attentions go elsewhere, you can rest easier.

good....

let the Rams move to Toronto... that mean the Bills won't be going there

I would rather the Bills go to LA and change their name then try to tell us "it's still out team" when they become the Toronto Bills or something similarly stupid

I still think the Bills are staying put right here, but I would like to see the Toronto threat go bye bye.

Certainly, I would never support the "Toronto Bills" and if they move to Toronto full-time it's no different for me than if they moved to LA. In fact, it would probably be worse. The point is simply that if a team moves to Toronto, the Bills are gone. Period.

To remain in Western NY, the Bills need to cultivate the Southern Ontario fanbase. Toronto is one of the richest 20 cities in the world and is the only source of corporate support available in the region for the suites and premium tickets sales that generate non-shared revenue. Take that away and there is no business plan that can keep the team in WNY.

To remain in Western NY, the Bills need to cultivate the Southern Ontario fanbase. Toronto is one of the richest 20 cities in the world and is the only source of corporate support available in the region for the suites and premium tickets sales that generate non-shared revenue. Take that away and there is no business plan that can keep the team in WNY.

Absolutely incorrect.....first of all, Toronto would never want to share anything, and their "corporate wealth" is not about to fork over cash for a team that calls itself "Buffalo"....There is no corporate support from them now, and we are doing just fine.

This would great. I would hope maybe they could end up in our division, and it would be a super rivalry. Listen to the fans on Canada, and what they think of the NFL experience in Buffalo. Those same fans will come. Win a few more games, and/or make the playoffs more than once every eleven years, and the Bills would be fine.

A team in Toronto AND Buffalo would be awesome IMO. Another Buffalo home game that is an instant sellout.

I tend to believe that a threat of toronto getting the rams will have little effect on the bills situation.i say let it play itself out. they have no stadium and in addition, the possibilty of politicans going to court to protect the CFL interests exist. the bills and the fans should concentrate on protecting our interests. i see a defeatist attitude by some members of the media that was never there a few years ago. it seems to get fans in a negative mindset also. i truly believe there is enough money in the area , (one way or another) to secure the franchise after wilson dies. the only reason it is not being done proactively is wilson, obviously. the NFL goes out of their way to be the "LEAGUE", no willy nilly franchise shifts, teams having goofy nicknames(wild, heat, lightning) and to let a storied franchise just disappear would go against their history and overall image.

75 miles - right - as the crow flies.

Rochester is 63 miles from Buffalo - and Toronto is 60 miles from Buffalo.

Bills games in Rachacha get blacked out. Hell, games get blacked out close to Syracuse.

Yep. The blackout radius doesn't take into account driving distance. So Toronto is easily within the 75-mile radius. Even if you were to take Orchard Park as the center of the circle, it's still (barely) within the 75-mile radius. Thus no team can move to Toronto.

I understand the Glazer family has very strong ties to Rochester.

Look for them to move the Buccaneers to Monroe County. :censored:

I understand the Wilson family has very strong ties to Detroit.

Look for them to move the Bills to Wayne County, since there's no longer an NFL franchise there...

Why does my spidey sense think Rosenbloom's "Toronto" moneymen are a ploy to to drive up Checketts eventual bid?

I understand the Wilson family has very strong ties to Detroit.

Look for them to move the Bills to Wayne County, since there's no longer an NFL franchise there... :censored:

Why does my spidey sense think Rosenbloom's "Toronto" moneymen are a ploy to to drive up Checketts eventual bid?

Answer: Because your spidey sense is keen and accurate!

Besides, in LA, there is no stadium. And the only plan for one is through a guy who says he'll only build it if he owns a major share of the team that occupies his stadium.

Um, the Coliseum? The Rose Bowl? 90,000 plus seats in each?

It isn't that LA doesn't have stadia, it's the NFL's persistent insistence on a brand-new one with all the modern bells & whistles (and loads of mega $ private boxes) that has constantly road blocked a move here.

One of the three potential St. Louis Rams buyers is a group of investors organized by St. Louis Blues Chairman Dave Checketts. Multiple sources tell me that another group has strong ties to Toronto, which should concern those who want to see the Rams remain in St. Louis.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

If the Rams move to Toronto, what would be the consequences for our Bills? Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

One of the three potential St. Louis Rams buyers is a group of investors organized by St. Louis Blues Chairman Dave Checketts. Multiple sources tell me that another group has strong ties to Toronto, which should concern those who want to see the Rams remain in St. Louis.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

If the Rams move to Toronto, what would be the consequences for our Bills? Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

If the Rams went to Toronto, they would take with them all the Bills fans in Southern Ontario.

The Bills would have a hard time filling up the Ralph. Might be the end of pro football for WNY

There would be room for team in Toronto and Buffalo. There are many Sabres fans in Southern Ontario that are not Leafs fans. The people that are Bills fans wouls stay that way and I would imagine there are alot. Nothing would change except there would be 8 games in buffalo again. The tailgating would be so lame up there, people would still want that kind of experience.

I think the Rams are headed back to their original home with a second team- probably the Jags- joining them. At most, the Bills will play a 2nd or 3rd game in Toronto, but they would not move there permanently. .