My Free Agent Wishlist

H2o

With all of the UFA/RFA mess it's pretty much safe to say not many RFA's will be going anywhere. So out of the coming up UFA's I see these are the guys I hope we persue.

1. Richard Seymour - He played well for the Raiders at DT and would be an upgrade for us in the middle, or at DE if we happen to go to a 3-4 (seriously doubt). I think he would love to stick it to the Pats* twice a year.

2. Karlos Dansby - Dansby is a monster who has good instincts and loves to hit people as hard as he can. This would solve our SOLB problem. He could also probably play MLB if we wanted him too. I hope we throw the kitchen sink at this guy to try to get him here. He'd be the biggest FA signing we've had on defense since Spikes.

3. Kevin Walter - With Reed and Owens pretty much heading out the door at OBD he could easily start opposite Evans. He has good size, quickness, and knows how to get open. I think people forget about his size more than anything. The guy is 6'3" and 215lbs. The big WR compliment we need for Lee?

I think we could address the OL, DE, and QB with the draft or possible trades. I think our team as a whole, especially the run defense, would be vastly improved if we could land these guys and if we could not get Seymour I would like to see us go after Ryan Pickett.

With all of the UFA/RFA mess it's pretty much safe to say not many RFA's will be going anywhere. So out of the coming up UFA's I see these are the guys I hope we persue.

1. Richard Seymour - He played well for the Raiders at DT and would be an upgrade for us in the middle, or at DE if we happen to go to a 3-4 (seriously doubt). I think he would love to stick it to the Pats* twice a year.

2. Karlos Dansby - Dansby is a monster who has good instincts and loves to hit people as hard as he can. This would solve our SOLB problem. He could also probably play MLB if we wanted him too. I hope we throw the kitchen sink at this guy to try to get him here. He'd be the biggest FA signing we've had on defense since Spikes.

3. Kevin Walter - With Reed and Owens pretty much heading out the door at OBD he could easily start opposite Evans. He has good size, quickness, and knows how to get open. I think people forget about his size more than anything. The guy is 6'3" and 215lbs. The big WR compliment we need for Lee?

I think we could address the OL, DL, and QB with the draft or possible trades. I think our team as a whole, especially the run defense, would be vastly improved if we could land these guys and if we could not get Seymour I would like to see us go after Ryan Pickett.

I also would have Richard Seymour and Karlos Dansby on my dream list but would replace Kevin Walter with Ben Watson because I think Nelson could be a WR in the Vincent Jackson mode

I think we could address the OL, DE, and QB with the draft or possible trades. I think our team as a whole, especially the run defense, would be vastly improved if we could land these guys and if we could not get Seymour I would like to see us go after Ryan Pickett.

I like Walter, but I would rather draft somebody like Graham Zug or Eric Decker for that "Wes Welker" role on the team. Seymour would be nice and could be had, but I have a hard time thinking Arizona will let Dansby walk. Getting Clancy Pendergast in here as our D.C. would certainly help our case in trying to get him. However, I think Shawne Merriman, if cut or able to look elsewhere, is the guy we go after. I completely base this on the fact that Nix drafted him and Maybin could be the 2nd coming of Merriman. I also think Derrick Johnson is another guy we go after to fill out the LB corps.

Biggest needs are - LT, QB, DL, and LB

There is very little talent at OT that is not restricted. I think we have to draft one.

Ditto at QB. Unless we want to try a journeyman while we develop a rookie.

With all the talk about 3-4, I would say we need to sign Wilfork. A 3-4 starts with the NT. Nothing like adding an impact player on the DL.

Dansby would be awesome at LB. We need more depth here too.

Your right about Walter at WR. We will lose Owens and Reed.

We could use a whole bunch of depth players that are lower tier but have some upside.

Orten LOL. We already have Trent Edwards LOL

You're smoking crack if you think Orton is just like Edwards. Orton wins games. He had 21 TD passes this season. That's more than Trent, Fitz, and Brohm combined. Trent couldn't carry Kyle's jock strap. Kyle would great in a Bills suit next year.

Wilfork

Richard Seymour

Kyle Orton

Chester Taylor

Orten LOL. We already have Trent Edwards LOL

You misspelled his name despite it having been properly spelled for you. Good job.

You're smoking crack if you think Orton is just like Edwards. Orton wins games. He had 21 TD passes this season. That's more than Trent, Fitz, and Brohm combined. Trent couldn't carry Kyle's jock strap. Kyle would great in a Bills suit next year.

And his team still sucked. NO TEAM game plans around stopping Orten. NONE. He's a wimpy, weak armed non-factor. LOL Orten ,,, still having a good laugh over that one.

In my opinion, Orton would be an excellent transitional quarterback in the same way (a healthy) Chad Pennington is. Orton is the consumate professional, a team guy all the way, and a pretty decent quarterback. He'd be the perfect guy to have on board while the team grooms their QB of the future.

Rather than disrespecting other people's opinions, what is your solution to the QB dilemma, wide_right?

You misspelled his name despite it having been properly spelled for you. Good job.

In my opinion, Orton would be an excellent transitional quarterback in the same way (a healthy) Chad Pennington is. Orton is the consumate professional, a team guy all the way, and a pretty decent quarterback. He'd be the perfect guy to have on board while the team grooms their QB of the future.

Rather than disrespecting other people's opinions, what is your solution to the QB dilemma, wide_right?

I dont see why we'd want Orton either. Getting him in FA means over paying for one. And if he's not the long term answer, why bother? More and more teams are getting away from the notion of apprenticeship for a rookie QB (i.e. Sanchez, Flacco), and it seems to be working. Pennington is a special case because of the wildcat offense in Miami, where multiple players take over at QB throughout the game.

The only way I'd take Orton is if Brandon Marshall came with him. That dude catches anything near him. Pound for pound the best yards after the catch wr in the league.

Dansby Far and away tops the list of possible free agents I hope the Bills get. Wilfork a close 2nd

The only way I'd take Orton is if Brandon Marshall came with him. That dude catches anything near him. Pound for pound the best yards after the catch wr in the league.

Dansby Far and away tops the list of possible free agents I hope the Bills get. Wilfork a close 2nd

I can't imagine Wilfork getting away from NE. The thinking is Pats let Seymour go to make room to pay Wilfork. Also Dansby definitely over Merriman.

I can't imagine Wilfork getting away from NE. The thinking is Pats let Seymour go to make room to pay Wilfork. Also Dansby definitely over Merriman.

Oh I agree I was just sticking to the whole wishlist thing, but yeah odds of wilfork making it out of NE are pretty slim

It actually sucks that Orton threw only for 21TDs with arguably the best book end Tackles in the game.

then you obviously dont watch too many texans games eh? Andre Johnson is without a shadow of a doubt the single best YAC WR in football, and has been for three years now

but yes I concur aboot dansby

One of the two guys ive been asking for for awhile now. The raiders LB. Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard. If they are thinking of switching to 3-4, those two guys plus wilfork begins the transition. If the stay with the 4-3, those two LB's replace Ellison and Mitchell and our D is instantly faster, stronger, and more agile.

Folks here don't realize that the current FO plans to spend little or nothing on FA's, so keep dreaming. Anyone else notice Ralph's reference to Nix building "via the draft" in the recent "thank you" card we received. There's your message. If you think we'll be big players in FA, prepare to be disappointed.

What's frustrating about all of this is that if they were run as a normal company you'd expect them to have a budget and use that to play with. For ex., there were numerous reports that we were willing to offer Cowher $10 million/year to come here--in a normal case that $7 million savings (Gailey's making $3m) would then be available to pay players. Same with the Jason Peters $9-10m/year that was supposedly on the table to him before he was traded last year. That money seemed to evaporate once the trade was announced--for ex., it could have been used to sign other FA's on the market at the time, as there were still several potential upgrades to be had, like Pinoisamoa and Levi--making me personally wonder how serious they ever were to begin with. Lots of smoke and mirrors to keep us rubes hopeful. My, I've gotten cynical, havent' I?

Richard Seymour, Oakland

Brodie Croyle, Kansas City Chiefs

Marcus McNeill, San Diego Chargers

Rudy Niswanger, Kansas City Chiefs

Travis Johnson, San Diego Chargers

Malcom Floyd, San Chargers

Brodie Coyle! He played very well when given a chance- and then they went and traded for Casel. I would prefer Coyle over Claussen, and we address the D and Oline in the draft

Brodie Coyle! He played very well when given a chance- and then they went and traded for Casel. I would prefer Coyle over Claussen, and we address the D and Oline in the draft

I'm really hoping they address QB and OL in the FA period. There are some guys out there that Chan and Nix have a history with. I think Coyle could be a solid QB if the OL get bolstered a bit.

Guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

Go Bills!

Orton, as mediocre as he is, would be an upgrade over what we've got now. I'd be okay with signing him, as long as it doesn't affect our draft board. I.e., if Clausen or Bradford somehow slips to #9, we draft him.

Derrick Johnson has been mentioned a lot here, and I like it. If we stick with a 4-3, one of the advantages is that we can try to poach good 4-3 guys who've been marginalized by their teams switching to 3-4s. Johnson and Glenn Dorsey in KC (although Dorsey would have to be a trade) and Aaron Kampman in GB come to mind. Whether through FA or trade, these guys will have relatively low price tags because they haven't been productive in the 3-4.

Plus, I'd like to see a list of QUALITY FA's that want to COME here. That will be short

Probably longer than the list of quality coaches that wanted to come here-one Brian Billick and they didn't even call him. Shows you the ineptitude of this organization and the ownership. Bottom line-Billick would have had to be paid like a Super Bowl winning coach-which he is.