Answer this as honestly as you can..

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't make sense?

I most likely would be a 'dual fan' as I rooted for my son and his teams' success, but I will remain a Bills fan for life.

I suppose the short time benefits of after party's, invites to gatherings and victory parades would have me rooting for my son and his team. Ultimately I would feel the pain of yet ANOTHER Bills Superbowl loss.

If you son was playing against the bills in the superbowl, who would you cheer for? Your sons team or the Bills?

If your family does not come before the Bills than I would suggest to you that you have your priorities seriously out of place.

If your family does not come before the Bills than I would suggest to you that you have your priorities seriously out of place.

The Bills, easily.

If your son works for FedEx, do you stop using the post office or UPS?

If your son works at Tops, do you stop shopping at Wegmans?

This is soon to be Archie Mannings choice huh? I guess it's a win win, either my son wins the Bowl, or the Bills do. What I do know is that if the Bills ever make the Superbowl again, I am betting 10k on the other team to create a win win in that game.

It depends. Is my son an old vet and this might be his last shot at a ring? or is he some young stud who will surely get another chance to get back to the big dance? that would play a large part in my decision. but since i dont have a son im leaning heavily toward the Bills

I would treat it like a situation in which I have one of my fantasy players going up against the Bills in any given week. That is, I would hope that my son has a great game -- but that the Bills wind up victorious!

I play fantasy, and I hope my guys tank against the Bills. Bills fan first. Sorry for my son, but if he was on the other team...he would understand.

The only way that would change is if we already won a ring. I have no comparison, since my favorite player of all time is Kelly, only a Bill, but if he would have come back a Raven, when it was rumored, I would never root for the Ravens. Unfortunately when they would have come to the Ralph, aside from the warm applause to start, he would have been an opposing QB. I would have a hard time swallowing if he would have won a ring in a different city. To have any other team attached to his legacy would have broke my heart.

I am also partial to Beebe, but his ring in GB did nothing for me. I was happy for him, couldn't happen to a nicer guy, but I didn't have any of the burden of my fandom lifted.

If you son was playing against the bills in the superbowl, who would you cheer for? Your sons team or the Bills?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You're a funny guy, Bills in the Super Bowl? Hahahahahahahaha.

To easy to pick on this one, What kinda priority is to be handing out family moral advice in a football forum... you really take these answers seriously?

I'm assuming this is related to Archie Manning's situation.

First, I think every parent will always root for their kid. I mean, how much loyalty does the Bills organization really give to it's fans anyway? Not much unless they think it can benefit their bank account. When Ralph mentions his demise and the words "highest bidder" in the same sentence, it's obvious it's nothing more than business. Seriously, if it were me, I'd leave each of the two surviving daughters 10 or 20 million, (I'd think they could manage on that for the rest of their lives), and leave the team, debt free, to Erie County. Even if Erie County had to put up the 10 or 20 for the daughters - so what?

Back to the point....

...the children will always be first.

Archie Manning's situation is win-win. He's seen each of his two NFL sons win the MVP award and the superbowl over the past 3 years. BUT...the pro team that has a special place in his heart will always be the Saints - the same team that Peyton and Eli grew up rooting for.

If the Saints win, it'll be the holy trifecta for Archie - both of his boys and his beloved Saints winning 3 of the last 4 superbowls! But, if the Colts win, it's another historical footnote to the HOF career of Peyton, and still the hope that the Saints, a team on the rise, can come back in the near future.

As much as the kid's accomplishments will always be first for a parent, I'd bet secretly, Archie wouldn't mind seeing the city of New Orleans get a superbowl trophy as the icing on the cake, following the massive post-Katrina rehabilitation. It would probably mean far more to Lousianans that it ever could for Peyton, who's already achieved everything he could, and secured his place in football history.

But to answer the question - I'd have to go with my kid if he were playing against the Bills.