Softest/Least Agile Bills Ever

nostyle126

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelso was the smartest guy on the field. The problem was he had about as much power as if we had thrown Marv out on the field. We rarely got beat deep with Kelso playing outfield. I'm not sure why he takes so much abuse on these boards.

As for the OJ Anderson run, you're asking your free safety to take on a giant RB. Ask yourself where all his teammates were on that play.

gotta go low on the bigger back. like antoine winfield. trying to tackle him high in my book was a mistake ... sorry Marv

gotta go low on the bigger back. like antoine winfield. trying to tackle him high in my book was a mistake ... sorry Marv

Can't disagree with that...but until you're on the field with a giant RB bearing down on you, I'm not sure you can really judge Kelso for that play.

I remember a play during Super Bowl XXVI against the Redskins. Kelso had one of the 'Skins receivers (Monk, Sanders?) perfectly covered; he was right on him. But somehow Ripen threads the needle, and gets a first down. There was no way the Bills were going to win that game... The 'Skins were just on fire that whole season.

Can't disagree with that...but until you're on the field with a giant RB bearing down on you, I'm not sure you can really judge Kelso for that play.

I'd add Robert Royal for lack of agility. No ability to adjust his route or his body to make a difficult catch, and when he did make a catch, he'd usually just fall down with the ball rather than attempting yards after the catch.

And how about Chris "he's not a punt returner but more of a punt catcher" Watson? :flirt:

Kelso was the smartest guy on the field. The problem was he had about as much power as if we had thrown Marv out on the field. We rarely got beat deep with Kelso playing outfield. I'm not sure why he takes so much abuse on these boards.

As for the OJ Anderson run, you're asking your free safety to take on a giant RB. Ask yourself where all his teammates were on that play.

We could have done a lot worse at F.S. than Kelso.