Softest/Least Agile Bills Ever

nostyle126

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Focusing on the offensive lineman a few come to mind huge guys who couldn't get people blocked-

Jerry Crafts

Corey Luchey

Jamie Nails

Joe Panos

Marcus Spriggs

Marques Sullivan

Mike Pucillo

Chris Villarial

Benny Anderson

Duke Preston

Dockery

Mike Williams

god this is depressing and these are off the top of my head

Tuten Reyes

okay im stopping, what the hell did we complain about Peters for- he was descent and is still learning although I now hate his guts

What a depressing list. Imagine if you added up the $ total.

Focusing on the offensive lineman a few come to mind huge guys who couldn't get people blocked-

Jerry Crafts

Corey Luchey

Jamie Nails

Joe Panos

Marcus Spriggs

Marques Sullivan

Mike Pucillo

Chris Villarial

Benny Anderson

Duke Preston

Dockery

Mike Williams

god this is depressing and these are off the top of my head

Tuten Reyes

okay im stopping, what the hell did we complain about Peters for- he was descent and is still learning although I now hate his guts

I don't think Villarial belongs on that list. Sure, he got a lot softer at the end of his time, but that's because he was hurt, not because he was soft.

I agree for the most part with your list; they played soft for their size, but some were 2nd/3rd string guys who just weren't very good.

I'll add Matt Stevens to the list of ex-Bills that were soft. The guy looked like he wandered into training camp off the street and somehow landed the punt-catching job. Oh wait, that may be exactly what happened. He never looked like he belonged on the field and when he actually played some snaps on defense we were in trouble. Small, slow and weak.

This is a spinoff from the "mobile, agile, and hostile" thread.

Who are the SOFTEST or LEAST AGILE Buffalo Bills you can think of?

My list:

Mike Williams - a big teddy bear. No mean streak whatsoever. Always overweight and slow.

Lonnie Johnson - his name is Lonnie. 'nuff said.

Erik Flowers - perhaps the most timid defensive lineman I've ever seen in a Bills uniform.

Eddie Robinson - got deked for a touchdown by Chad Pennington. 'nuff said.

Please add to the list.

As soon as I saw the thread title, that play was the first thing that came to mind.

but according to Marv he never made a mistake

i guess being taken for a 10 yard ride by oj anderson in the super bowl wasnt a mistake

Kelso was the smartest guy on the field. The problem was he had about as much power as if we had thrown Marv out on the field. We rarely got beat deep with Kelso playing outfield. I'm not sure why he takes so much abuse on these boards.

As for the OJ Anderson run, you're asking your free safety to take on a giant RB. Ask yourself where all his teammates were on that play.