Mike Nolan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sirius and Fox Sports reporting this. "Control issues" with the head coach cited. Hmmmm, our new DC?

that is surprising considering how well their d played this year, especially compared to last years d. i wonder if it was him that improved the d or mcdaniels.

That would be great. We could go to the 3-4 and have instant success like Denver did this season. I am all for Nolan - and really like OCs/DCs with HC experience.

Or we can run the 3-4 with 4-3 personnel and be one of the worst defenses in the league like Kansas City.

Josh McDaniels is doing a heckuva job out there in Denver. Wonder if Bowlen is starting to regret firing Shanahan?

Wow. McDaniels is clearly the least intelligent new HC in history. His estimation of his own talent is pure fantasy.

Bowlen is senile. How else can he just stand there as his choice of a HC further destroys this team?

you dont want nolan anywhere near this team.ask anyone from san fran.

He lead a dominant D in Baltimore prior to taking the job in SF and his work in Denver was near miraculous with perhaps the leagues worst defensive talent. He had Mario Haggan starting at LB. Haggan couldn't get on the field on defense in Buffalo.

He's not HC material, but his body of work is more impressive than that of HC candidate Leslie Frazier. This would be a great addition. The guy can run a complex, multiple, MODERN style defense like the Jets and Ravens run, which means more results with less talent.

That would be great. We could go to the 3-4 and have instant success like Denver did this season. I am all for Nolan - and really like OCs/DCs with HC experience.

He's somewhat of a jerk, too!! He had a public spat with Alex Smith and threw him under the bus.

I just have a feeling, after having tasted being head coach, he's not a guy you'd want as a coordinator. He'd probably make Gailey miserable.

He lead a dominant D in Baltimore prior to taking the job in SF and his work in Denver was near miraculous with perhaps the leagues worst defensive talent. He had Mario Haggan starting at LB. Haggan couldn't get on the field on defense in Buffalo.

He's not HC material, but his body of work is more impressive than that of HC candidate Leslie Frazier. This would be a great addition. The guy can run a complex, multiple, MODERN style defense like the Jets and Ravens run, which means more results with less talent.

He also coordinated some extremely vanilla defenses in Washington and New York. The Denver defense fell apart this year, didn't it? I stopped noticing...

He also coordinated some extremely vanilla defenses in Washington and New York. The Denver defense fell apart this year, didn't it? I stopped noticing...

Yes, they fell apart. But like I said, their talent was perhaps the leagues worst. I really like the work he did in Baltimore. That's where the Ravens really went from being a 4-3 to being a combo D, and that ability to adjust and attack is so appealing after 4 years of no creativity whatsoever.

Why this won't happen...

1. He sounds like somebody who might have an opinion and rock the boat.

2. I'd bet my house he was making more money as a DC than Chan is going to be making as a HC.

This is exactly why the HC should be hiring his own staff. Guys who have reputations for having their own agendas as coordinators shouldn't be hired just because we recognize their name. If you think about disagreeing with me, fine...just remember why Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride.

Except we would need a nose tackle, 2 DE's and a couple of LB's. (which we need anyways)

Nolan is an outstanding DC...Broncos immediately became better on defense with him there with virtually the same personnel...

Denver changed out 8 of the starters on defense last year as well as the scheme.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/team...2008_roster.htm

http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/depthchart?team=DEN

Yes, they fell apart. But like I said, their talent was perhaps the leagues worst. I really like the work he did in Baltimore. That's where the Ravens really went from being a 4-3 to being a combo D, and that ability to adjust and attack is so appealing after 4 years of no creativity whatsoever.

I am not a fan of Mike Nolan. Of course, if he comes here, I'll hope he "gets it" finally and all over again.

Russ better hurry if interested. This is showing up in multiple Miami outlets

Former Denver Broncos Defensive Coordinator Mike Nolan is reportedly on the verge of taking the same position for the Miami Dolphins, sources indicate.

and ESPN:

The Denver Broncos and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan have agreed to part ways, and a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton that Nolan is close to an agreement to take on the same role with the Miami Dolphins.